What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, MTNBourbon said:

When did it get changed to 116 proof? I still have a bottle at 112.8 proof that I bought about a year or two ago.

I bought this at the end of December.

24 minutes ago, M1marksman said:

I bought this at the end of December.

Gonna have to go over to the store and see what they have available now, saw some over there about a month or two ago, but did not look at the proof, because it was not that long ago they made the switch from 108 to 112.8. Did not think they would do another switch that soon.

2 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Looking good. Wish my apartment complex would let me grill on my patio, instead of having to use the community gas grill, which is only about 20-25 feet away.

No doubt. Love me a nice slow burning fire. It might be a good rule though. There's always that guy who would burn the whole complex down. :lol:

Cheers, Jeff

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers to y'all! 

Will. 

IMG_8011.JPG

Good picture (I like the displaying of the cap) and great bourbon!

1 hour ago, meadeweber said:

Good picture (I like the displaying of the cap) and great bourbon!

Thanks.

Will. 

3 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers to y'all! 

Will. 

IMG_8011.JPG

Very nice shit! Enjoy!

Loving some OCPR.  Slope shouldered beauty is almost ready to hit the bin, so if any East Cobb folks hear a young girl crying uncontrollably tonight or tomorrow . . . prolly just me

9 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Loving some OCPR.  Slope shouldered beauty is almost ready to hit the bin, so if any East Cobb folks hear a young girl crying uncontrollably tonight or tomorrow . . . prolly just me

Damn great whiskey there, Country.  In my Top 5 all-time.  I feel your pain in letting that one pass on.  If I hear something wailing later, I'll just tell myself it's the local pack of coyotes.  :D

1 hour ago, GaryT said:

This is Old Charter Private Reserve?  Proprietor's Reserve?  Or....?  Curious -- how old is that lovely "slope shouldered" bottle??

2 hours ago, Steve L said:

This is Old Charter Private Reserve?  Proprietor's Reserve?  Or....?  Curious -- how old is that lovely "slope shouldered" bottle??

Proprietor's Reserve. Part of the Bourbon Heritage Collection first out in the mid 90s. 13 year age stated. There were a few still on retail shelves as late as 2009 or so. 

Trader Joes Bourbon in a Hot Toddy trying to drink a cold away.  I'm either going to pass out after this or have a healthy pour of my JBB/OG114 mix and then pass out.

At a small restaurant in Seattle, I had a shot of Parker's Heritage 10-year bourbon.  Very smooth, and apparently hard for them to get in stock behind the bar.  

Parker Heritage 10-year Bourbon.jpg

38 minutes ago, T Comp said:

Proprietor's Reserve. Part of the Bourbon Heritage Collection first out in the mid 90s. 13 year age stated. There were a few still on retail shelves as late as 2009 or so. 

Thanks for the scoop -- i ddi some reading up -- sounds like great stuff!

I enjoyed some WT101 last night and the night before. I have always been a big WT fan, but the past 2 nights pours were above average. 

13 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Some CEHT Single Barrel tonight.

IMG_0661_zpsets0uiyn.jpg

Love this. Expensive here so have been convincing others to bring some back from the States each time they go.

Cheers!

I am currently doing the Westland Sherry Finished Whiskey and the Orphan Barrel Barterhouse (got it as a gift for xmas)

barterhouse.jpg

Edited by Tastethedram

My first intention was to open a Henry Mc Kenna 10, then I opted for another 10 yo.

M10 2015, It opens up, finally! A solid overpriced bourbon.

Cheers! 

IMG_8012.JPG

Finally finish the rascal off.  Many better BIB's out there than this.  Glad there are cocktails are this would have been dumped in the sink.

IMG_4773.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tennessee Dave said:

Finally finish the rascal off.  Many better BIB's out there than this.  Glad there are cocktails are this would have been dumped in the sink.

IMG_4773.jpg

I have Old Bardstown estate bottled. I've had a few pours from it and not sure what to think of it, nothing to make me really like it but I dont hate it. I wonder how they compare.

32 minutes ago, Agalloch said:

I have Old Bardstown estate bottled. I've had a few pours from it and not sure what to think of it, nothing to make me really like it but I dont hate it. I wonder how they compare.

wondered about this one, and afraid to bite the bullet at $30 for a presumably 4 year old 100 proof BIB. I'll stick with my HH 6 year BIB for $11, I know I like that one.

speaking of things not being as you thought........I'd held out on getting the CR Northern Harvest Rye, wanting to try it but not wanting to splurge on a bottle at the $25ish I'd seen it at. Finding it on a shelf for $16, I took a chance. How the f#*@ did this win whiskey of the year last year?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.