What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

#1 in a Sunday evening trilogy. Be back with more.:D

image.jpeg

Not bourbon related but I have that same figurine in the picture which was a gift from my wife shortly after my son was born

Just poured some Blanton's, a Cool Springs store selection, while watching Atlanta absolutely dismantle Green Bay.

Starting to open some bottles to prepare myself for trying all 10 4R recipes.

Today I cracked open an OBSQ (left) and an OBSO (right).

No surprise that the Q is way bettter than the O.

Trying to get some air into the bottles before doing my grand tasting.  4R always seems to taste like dirt to me out of a newly opened bottle :huh:

Happy Sunday to everyone!

IMAG1757[1].jpg

Enjoying some William Larue Weller while watching the Packers get stomped. Missed the first part of the game, because my neighbor cop caught 3 young guys shooting spectacled belly geese off the road in our corn fields. We scared the hell out of them, but didn't want to ruin their lives with 5 tickets apiece, losing their trucks & guns, & going to jail. We know their dads, so they will laying some poly pipe this summer for free. :D Young & Dumb. All I gotta say about that. I did take the specs home with me though. Gonna make some good gumbo with that meat! ;)

Cheers,

Jeff

33 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Enjoying some William Larue Weller while watching the Packers get stomped. Missed the first part of the game, because my neighbor cop caught 3 young guys shooting spectacled belly geese off the road in our corn fields. We scared the hell out of them, but didn't want to ruin their lives with 5 tickets apiece, losing their trucks & guns, & going to jail. We know their dads, so they will laying some poly pipe this summer for free. :D Young & Dumb. All I gotta say about that. I did take the specs home with me though. Gonna make some good gumbo with that meat! ;)

Cheers,

Jeff

Good on you for a solid good deed with them boys.  

Regular BT in my glass after dinner.

ole #3 and this one is going to be tough to ONLY have one. A great sweet thick honey sipper. Surely the top of the "bottom shelf"!

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Louisiana said:

Cheers,

Jeff

I am with Joe.  Nice job, as long as no one got hurt, applying the appropriate discipline for the situation.  We were all young once!  Enjoy another pour of Weller for your good deed.

some SAOS 8 year single barrel 120 proof. very nice. I've had it for a few years, opened it a few months ago. tonight, It took a while to place the familiarity of the aftertaste......Dickel. I've never heard anyone say 'dickel' after an MGP sip, but that's what I got a faint hint of after a while. Fortunately, I like Dickel anyway.

I continue to buy SAOS barrel proofer's when I see them. I find them the best offerings out there to me.

I bought af Blanton's store pick that I'm not ready to open yet (want to work down my open bottle count a bit) but am having a pour of ETL, to stay with the same mash bill. 

43 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

ole #3 and this one is going to be tough to ONLY have one. A great sweet thick honey sipper. Surely the top of the "bottom shelf"!

image.jpg

I would hardly call Dickel 12 "bottom shelf"...

I still have a bottle of 12 from 2006 when I went on a tour there, and that was their flagship!

:)

Edited by 0895

10 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I would hardly call Dickel 12 "bottom shelf"...

I still have a bottle of 12 from 2006 when I went on a tour there, and that was their flagship!

I would agree with taste/quality that it's not bottom shelf but it cost $30.99 (1.75) at my LS... so that is less than $13.50 per 750????

Better be quite-Diageo might be listening

Back to the open bottles... working down the CEHTSB just one more pour left in this bottle but not for tonight :mellow:

1792FP....man this stuff is sweet.....like drinking syrup. I really enjoy it, just not sure it could be a daily drinker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Hop said:

Back to the open bottles... working down the CEHTSB just one more pour left in this bottle but not for tonight :mellow:

I worked my bottle down tonight to one more pour too.  Like you, not tonight. :)

11 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I know this is probably a little weird, but I love smelling an unrinsed glass of bourbon the next morning. 

IMG_1158.JPG

Thanks to you and Whiskey Dick and emr . . ., etc., Now I don't feel so ashamed.:wub:  I hit the EW BIB and RR 10YR (90 proof) last night (trying to empty some shelf space).  Tonight, some more RR 10YR.  I cannot believe this is 90 proof - it is chewy, complex, cool (as opposed to biting), and long-finished.  While my usual (i.e., trashcan) bottle is OGD BIB, this makes for a nice change - even if I have to get up and go get it.

is that small batch or single barrel?

Edited by bourbs bro
I was talking about the CEHTSB comments

4 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Thanks to you and Whiskey Dick and emr . . ., etc., Now I don't feel so ashamed.:wub:  I hit the EW BIB and RR 10YR (90 proof) last night (trying to empty some shelf space).  Tonight, some more RR 10YR.  I cannot believe this is 90 proof - it is chewy, complex, cool (as opposed to biting), and long-finished.  While my usual (i.e., trashcan) bottle is OGD BIB, this makes for a nice change - even if I have to get up and go get it.

it's funny I have an almost full bottle of RR10yr that I bought blind and tried once and was like meh....and now when I stare at all my bourbs to make a selection, I always ignore this one...it's almost like a blind spot....but then there has been so much discussion about it recently here, I guess I'm gonna have to crack it back open and revisit.

thanks for nothing everyone ;)

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Good on you for a solid good deed with them boys.  

Regular BT in my glass after dinner.

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am with Joe.  Nice job, as long as no one got hurt, applying the appropriate discipline for the situation.  We were all young once!  Enjoy another pour of Weller for your good deed.

It was the right thing to do. Thank God for what others have done for me.

Cheers,

Jeff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.