What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A blend of OWA and WSR I'm really enjoying. No idea of the ratio I just combined two open bottles to one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a CEHT BP 127.5 that I haven't opened. How is it?  I'm looking over my bottle and don't see the Bottled In Bond statement anywhere on it. I thought all the CEHT products where BIB. Am I wrong?

Barrel proof takes it out of the BIB realm. BIB is always at 100 proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom would have turned 83 today. I drink pours of her favorite bourbon while listening to some of her records.
1022fdb23eb6712e009572b1307e8036.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Mom would have turned 83 today. I drink pours of her favorite bourbon while listening to some of her records.

Cheers. You know Hank did it that way. 

19 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Hard core rock fan but I have always loved Hank Sr.  I listened to his albums over and over as a kid.  Actually, we only had one but it got a lot of play time.

Cheers, my friend.  Enjoy your memories of your mother.  I know I enjoy mine.

I am enjoying a BRL Maker's Mark PS.  This one was special because all 10 staves were the Makers 46 staves.  So, it is essentially a MM46CS which to this point has only been available at the GS. 112.3 proof.  Great pour!  I picked up a bottle as a VIP but I saw a couple on the shelf a few weeks ago.  They were gone when I went in today. But, I will check to see if I can find another bottle.    I proofed it down to around 100 on my first pour, but followed up with a straight pour which was much better.

Tonight for me it's a couple pours of a vat I've had mingling in the cabinet for a couple weeks. This one is 2 parts OF Sig and 1 Part EWB - this is a keeper. If I could recall who made the suggestion, I'd provide the appropriate credit here where it's due. Thanks anyway.

Been dealing with a plethora of foot issues off-and-on for about 15 months (plantar fasciatis, bursitis, stress fracture), but mustered the energy for an annual charity 5K tonight against doctor's orders. We'll see how I feel tomorow but right now i'm enjoying a B10 by the pool as I wind down.

6 minutes ago, dcbt said:

Been dealing with a plethora of foot issues off-and-on for about 15 months (plantar fasciatis, bursitis, stress fracture), but mustered the energy for an annual charity 5K tonight against doctor's orders. We'll see how I feel tomorow but right now i'm enjoying a B10 by the pool as I wind down.

Done with soccer for about a month.  Knees, ankles and pysche are worn down.  Looking forward to jogging and bike riding for no reason.  Plan to heal with bourbon.  :lol:

We'll done! Cheers!

Long day at work. :mellow:  On top of that, my son and I had to fix my central air when I got home.   <_< Four hours, a new cut off box out back and rewiring the whole works, but we now have AC again.  I must say we done good. Thank goodness because temps are on the rise here. Gonna be in the upper 80's, and then the low 90's for the foreseeable future. I  rewarded myself for a job well done, with a couple of nice pours from a DSP 16/24 Old Fitz BIB:) Ahhhhhh. Good stuff. 

Cheers! Joe

Hank Williams good stuff, plus a little Old Fitz BiB ain't so bad either. What's the mask?

Hank Williams good stuff, plus a little Old Fitz BiB ain't so bad either. What's the mask?

It was a KISS mask that I wore a ton when I was a kid.

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

She's also a Kiss fan? J/k. :D

3 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

It was a KISS mask that I wore a ton when I was a kid.

Ha, good guess on my part. Wrong person tho. :P

12 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I have a CEHT BP 127.5 that I haven't opened. How is it?  I'm looking over my bottle and don't see the Bottled In Bond statement anywhere on it. I thought all the CEHT products where BIB. Am I wrong?

Like "Hop" said, it can't be BIB with a wooping 127.5 proof. 

I'm really enjoying every pour of this bottle, the nose is great, not overwhelming, just like it should, taste great, medium long finish, if you're a fan of Stagg Jr or his father, you should love this one. 

Cheers! 

Will.

OGD 114. no nonsense, no games, no BS, just an in-your-face slap in the face bourbon, at a great price. good day off, tinkering with what I wanted to tinker with. grilling ribs and drinking OGD 114.

had some of the Bulleit  bourbon a trainee gave me last week. wow, that has taken a turn for the worse. I remember when I got into bourbon and trying bulleit. I remember thinking,  "who spends $25 on a bottle of bourbon?", when I bought it. It was enjoyable at the time.......not the best, but enjoyable. I can barely stomach the new stuff. I dont know who made it, or if it's a mix of brands, but it's simply not good. Since theyre about the same cost, OGD 114 wins by leaps and bounds.

Edited by Whiskey Dick

Drinking SAOS Single Barrel.  Rich mouthfeel, nice fruit and baking spices.  Life is Good.

Finishing off BT, so true to it's brand name. Balanced, tasty, deep bourbon. This one deserves another purchase. 

Cheers

Yesterday after watching my U of L Cards win the first game of the super regional against our instate foe UK I toasted the win at Beef O'Brady's with a pour of KC Rye.

Had some EHT Four Grain. Does not strike me as a particularly special whiskey. Certainly not worth secondary/gouge pricing and I wouldn't drive too far out of my way to buy it at MSRP really

Finishing the evening with this curious George. 

2015 was obviously better for my taste, but it's a very interesting one, powerful, full flavors, strong on the proof, and trust me you are feeling it. 72.05 is not smooth. Iit hits the right notes for me, the Stagg profile is respected. 

A very nice release, not regretting this buy,€150. 

Cheers! 

IMG_8427.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.