What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

CEHT Four Grain came in and the Rye was on sale so I grabbed one. The MM PS and OBSV 9,9 120* are really good so I grabbed 'em for the bunker. The HTBB is batch one and Veteran owned so I had to get one. Hopefully it isn't paint thinner, but even if it is I won't regret buying it.

Let us know how that Four Grains taste. Haven't heard much on it yet.

Cheers,

Jeff

38 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

CEHT Four Grain came in and the Rye was on sale so I grabbed one. The MM PS and OBSV 9,9 120* are really good so I grabbed 'em for the bunker. The HTBB is batch one and Veteran owned so I had to get one. Hopefully it isn't paint thinner, but even if it is I won't regret buying it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Any idea where the juice is from in that Hotel Tango?  I remember watching a segment on the local news when the distillery opened a few years ago.  Persistence paid off and I was able to snag a CEHT 4G today, along with a KC9 for good measure.

image.thumb.jpeg.c942d7d14c09f8350960debb371adc23.jpeg

I bought some HH6BIBs and an Old Bardstown BIB.  Has anyone tried the latter yet?

11 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

Any idea where the juice is from in that Hotel Tango?  I remember watching a segment on the local news when the distillery opened a few years ago.  Persistence paid off and I was able to snag a CEHT 4G today, along with a KC9 for good measure.

image.thumb.jpeg.c942d7d14c09f8350960debb371adc23.jpeg

My LS manager said he wouldn't rule out some MGP, but they've been around a while and he was sure they were using their own distillate. I was going to see what Google has to say...

Anyone else have any info on Hotel Tango?

Edited by JTaylor

30 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

My LS manager said he wouldn't rule out some MGP, but they've been around a while and he was sure they were using their own distillate. I was going to see what Google has to say...

Anyone else have any info on Hotel Tango?

Ok... Looks like they started up in 2014 so obviously this isn't their distillate... Waiting on an email response...

20170428_151039.jpg
Couldn't pass these up today at my local store...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TheNovaMan said:

I bought some HH6BIBs and an Old Bardstown BIB.  Has anyone tried the latter yet?

Yep while the reviews have been mixed I like it, my brother actually likes it more than HH6BIB.

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Picked up some Barrell Bourbon #11.

What state is Batch 11 from?

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

What state is Batch 11 from?

What state is it from?  Do I look like I make or sell the stuff? Better ask them.

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

What state is it from?  Do I look like I make or sell the stuff? Better ask them.

Sorry to bother you, but you know it does say where it was distilled on the bottle. After a brief googling which admittedly I could have done this one is a Tennessee batch, tend to like those. Enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Sorry to bother you, but you know it does say where it was distilled on the bottle. After a brief googling which admittedly I could have done this one is a Tennessee batch, tend to like those. Enjoy it.

Sorry, didn't mean to bite your head off, Lol.  It's my first purchase from them.  It's really excellent.

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Sorry, didn't mean to bite your head off, Lol.  It's my first purchase from them.  It's really excellent.

I really like their releases, more the Kentucky and Tennessee sourced stuff though it might be a mental block against the barrels they source from Indiana since other folks bottle cask strength MGP bourbon for a better price.

This is one of those that you know after one sip that it's a winner.

Here is the back label, yep Tennessee. I'm a fan now.  Sorry for the lousy photo

20170428_205122.jpeg

19 hours ago, CaliER said:

Not today, but recently stopped in a random liquor store a few hours away from me while taking my daughter to a weekend camp. They happened to have an EC 18 on the shelf for $130. Will be the oldest most expensive bourbon I've tried, when I try it.

59038e10f3875_20170428_113526(600x1024).thumb.jpg.5bdae2a783c270fd3d4e9c28ac1efea4.jpg

Very nice find, enjoy!

13 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

20170428_151039.jpg
Couldn't pass these up today at my local store...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rittenhouse, especially for the price is pretty awesome. Enjoy!

Picked up Barrell #11 to see what all the fuss is about. Usually don't bother with NDPs that don't disclose so the fact I also picked up 8b while I was at it gives me a little bit of instant buyer's remorse. 

Edited by dcbt
typo

Grabbed a WSR for $22 plus tax. I have maybe a couple handles on hand already so not sure why I grabbed it. I've resisted the new packaging several times before but I may have fallen for the pretty bottle. I like the whiskey ok as a late round pour. 

Edited by Charlutz
Spelling

On 4/28/2017 at 11:21 AM, Dgriffin said:

That is a good price, do you mind telling me where you got it? PM me if you want.

Found it at Wines Unlimited in Monroe. It was their last one at the time. ????

4 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Grabbed a WSR for $22 plus tax. I have maybe a couple handles on hand already so not sure why I grabbed it. I've resisted the new packaging several times before but I may have fallen for the pretty bottle. I like the whiskey ok as a late round pour. 

You make your purchase in Md?  And if so what liquor store?

On 3/23/2017 at 7:24 PM, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I am a happy man right now. They no longer have Russell's Reserve at the Lexington Costco. Well, we went to one in Louisville and they had plenty. Not only that, but it was almost two dollars cheaper than in Lexington. Yes! I bought two bottles for me (if I wasn't married, I would have bought a case) and I bought a bottle for@fifeman for driving to the Amorphis concert tonight.

e9b8b2bd57db2b115c022c03dabb2768.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I believe this is $26 at the Costco in Indy.  

Costco's are so inconsistent.  Our local store always has EW Black, Woodford Reserve, Russell's Reserve and, usually, Breckenridge.

I have rarely seen much else. They have had OF 1920, EWSB and ER10.  But, those type of bottles rarely show up.

I just came home with another bottle of OGD BiB and an OWA in the old-style bottle.  The OGD is on sale this month, so I decided to get an extra to put in deep storage. =)

I Haven't purchased it yet, but I'm stopping by the store tomorrow and debating between a store select of RR Single Barrel i've been eyeing and OF 1920. 

I'd love to get both, but need to pick up some OF Mint Julep for a Derby party next weekend too and can't blow the bourbon budget on May 1st.

Suggestions?

On April 27, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Nm0369 said:

Two more bottles of HHBIB at $10.99.  My last source of this locally has imposed a 2 bottle limit....I'm stacking them deep in the bunker.

On April 27, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Whiskey Dick said:

cue the four horsemen!

if HHBIB is being rationed in IN, the shit has finally met the fan

On April 28, 2017 at 0:20 AM, Kepler said:

This is simple.  Call it the web forum effect, and it was perfectly predictable.

All you braggarts on SB broadcast to the world about your great local deals, so now when people visit they feel the need to keep up with the Joneses and bring back a case or two or three.  It's called hoarding and it affects supply.  Stores are forced to place quantity limits on purchases, or they won't have any stock on shelves for their regular customers.

I only made one purchase while in Bardstown for our get together. But it was a good one. ;) FWIW, I'm not a braggart or a hoarder. I love HH6 BIB, as do some of my family and friends. I won't be able to make it to Bardstown this fall, so I figured I'd grab a few more bottles than usual. All will be consumed by myself, or shared with the aforementioned family and friends. My niece's husband has developed an interest in bourbon, and a bottle or two are for him. Vosgar and I are part of a small, local bourbon and cigar group, and I muled home a couple of bottles for them as well. We're looking at a possible get together Wednesday night so I can share the wealth. :D

Cheers! Joe

hh.jpeg

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I only made one purchase while in Bardstown for our get together. But it was a good one. ;) FWIW, I'm not a braggart or a hoarder. I love HH6 BIB, as do some of my family and friends. I won't be able to make it to Bardstown this fall, so I figured I'd grab a few more bottles than usual. All will be consumed by myself, or shared with the aforementioned family and friends. My niece's husband has developed an interest in bourbon, and a bottle or two are for him. Vosgar and I are part of a small, local bourbon and cigar group, and I muled home a couple of bottles for them as well. We're looking at a possible get together Wednesday night so I can share the wealth. :D

Cheers! Joe

hh.jpeg

That should last a month or 2.:) Enjoy!

Kirkland 7 year, batch T-1796. I'm still trying to dial it in but it has some molasses, burnt caramel, hint of cherry and lots of spice and heavy peanut flavor. A really hot bourbon @103 proof

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.