What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/22/2017 at 5:18 AM, Masset1982 said:

Thx, It was a trade ;-) 

Will.

How do most people identify potential trades?

Picked these up yesteray. One Was a purchase, two my brother picked up back in September. 

C9FA1551-074B-4324-A5C0-166F13DF99EC.jpeg

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Picked these up yesteray. One Was a purchase, two my brother picked up back in September. 

C9FA1551-074B-4324-A5C0-166F13DF99EC.jpeg

No No.  We want to see the side labels!

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, Daveheelga said:

How do most people identify potential trades?

@beasled and I are both from Europe, we are often talking together, we're also sharing tips, he knows that i'm trading bottles with US folks. Another thing is, the BTAC didn't land in Europe yet. 

Will.

• I like it 2

Not a purchase, but got the hookup from family at Thanksgiving for taking them to Norte Dame last weekend. They have no clue how cool of a gift this was.

IMG_1045.JPG

Edited by Gorzo
  • I like it 11

5 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

Not a purchase, but got the hookup from family at Thanksgiving for taking them to Norte Dame last weekend. They have no clue how cool of a gift this was.

IMG_1045.JPG

I need better family!!

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

I need better family!!

Would love to hear the story of how they obtained those. In my head, you are the bourbon guy.. not them.. but theysomehow managed to get those great bottles just because they knew you like good bourbon? Meanwhile many of us never see one much less two of those for sale. Not sour grapes, just like the backstories. 

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Would love to hear the story of how they obtained those. In my head, you are the bourbon guy.. not them.. but theysomehow managed to get those great bottles just because they knew you like good bourbon? Meanwhile many of us never see one much less two of those for sale. Not sour grapes, just like the backstories. 

My family in Chicago are huge wine drinkers. Guessing they had a hook up because of the money they spend on wine.  I didn't ask a lot of questions, but pretty confident they didn't pay much over MSRP for the stuff. The reason I think that is they could of bought one with what they described as the "red label" for $200..... And Fasterhorses you can include me in the group that doesn't see one much less two for sale unless seeing it for $600 counts. 

• I like it 3

40 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

IMG_1045.JPG

Awesome

4 hours ago, Gorzo said:

IMG_1045.JPG

what a cool family!  I too need better family

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! Look what I got today! My first BTAC ever! I'm soooooooo freakin excited! Can't wait to try it with @Bnrhodes3 - text me when you see this so we can freak out about it offline lol.

IMG_1422.thumb.JPG.596ef414f806eef364c210226e3092b2.JPG

I'm now officially done hunting this season! :D

Cheers!

• I like it 8

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! Look what I got today! My first BTAC ever! I'm soooooooo freakin excited! Can't wait to try it with @Bnrhodes3 - text me when you see this so we can freak out about it offline lol.

IMG_1422.thumb.JPG.596ef414f806eef364c210226e3092b2.JPG

I'm now officially done hunting this season! :D

Cheers!

Nice score.  I have yet to see any BTAC in my area.  I just heard they have landed.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Gorzo said:

My family in Chicago are huge wine drinkers. Guessing they had a hook up because of the money they spend on wine.  I didn't ask a lot of questions, but pretty confident they didn't pay much over MSRP for the stuff. The reason I think that is they could of bought one with what they described as the "red label" for $200..... And Fasterhorses you can include me in the group that doesn't see one much less two for sale unless seeing it for $600 counts. 

Somebody does a lot of shopping at Binny's.

• I like it 1

Passed on an OWA for $30. I already have one open, and I never purchase backups.

But bought this for $25. They tricked me with a lottery entry.

IMG_20171124_193028.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kane said:

"I already have one open, and I never purchase backups."

I think you are on the wrong forum! :):):)

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 2

9 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Not a purchase, but a pretty swell birthday gift from my awesome kids.

image.jpeg

Haha, when I first glanced at the photo, I thought how odd to have a Toy Story label on a bottle of whiskey.  It is a pretty cool gift! 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I think you are on the wrong forum! :):):)

I know, I know :)

Here's my reasoning: Even with no backups in 6-7 years, and 10-15 bottles open at any given time, there are tons of bottles waiting in my stash to be enjoyed. Most of these I have never tasted, ever! (see OF1920, FRSB BP private picks, Foursquare Rums, more Scotch than I can count...). I want to get to them at some point, so no repeat purchases for me to delay that process. Meanwhile, I enjoy my faves at bars instead.

I think my one and only repeat purchase was the HW Midwinter's. Also LEs from different years don't count, I see'em I grab'em.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Does anyone know of a typical retail price for RY10?

Cheers!

Bout $75 now, up from $50 last year.

At that rate maybe $125 in 2018?

:o

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Does anyone know of a typical retail price for RY10?

Cheers!

Varies, in the two markets I shop in NJ around $50, NY around $65.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.