What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, Dango said:

Received a text today, It said pick one. followed by a picture of 3 bottles, Stagg, ORVW 10, PVW Lot B. You can see what I chose. BOOM!!!

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Did I help, even a little?  Or did you already know!   :D

Way to go.  :)

4 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

Nice to see that my son is always there to help. 

Ain't it great to have some fellow SB members in the same general area?  There are a few of us in my neck of the woods, and I know that I/we always appreciate any help. :)

Sláinte! Joe

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ain't it great to have some fellow SB members in the same general area?  There are a few of us in my neck of the woods, and I know that I/we always appreciate any help. :)

Sláinte! Joe

I agree, I have emailed SB members from my area many times, only to be offered great advice and tips. Even on where some good stuff can be had. Great people here on SB.

Got lucky today. Nabbed a second Stagg Sr at msrp plus 10. Pretty thrilled to have gotten a Parker's, 2 stagg and several midwinternights drams without getting a single lottery picked. Now it's time to relax on the bourbon buying for a bit.

• I like it 1

Was visiting family, stopped in a LS in SE MN, found 4 bottles of FC103/6 on the shelf.  Date on bottom of bottle is 14.  Purchased 2, $16 each, left 2 on the shelf for the next person.

20171129_181134.jpg

Edited by kwshannon
Directionally challenged, should be SE, not SW
  • I like it 2

9 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

I very much agree. 

Let me know if you all decide to make this happen. Since I'm "new" to the area, would like to meet some fellow SBers now that we are finally settling in.

Finally scored a Weller 12 Year! I've been calling a few small local liquor stores for over 2 months now. One gentlemen got three at his store, and was going to keep all 3 for himself. However he told me he'd sell me a bottle after being so persistent. I really didn't think it would happen, so this was a pleasant surprise! I just kept being kind to the guy, and told him I'd be coming back for all of my purchases. 

weller12.JPG

• I like it 4

On 11/28/2017 at 8:39 PM, Bonfiresmoke said:

I really like the Weller Antique. I think you will find smooth for 107 proof. 

Where at in Florida if you don't mind me asking? I've got a friend that lives in Navarre that is on the lookout for Weller 12 Year for me.

Just got a bottle of EC SmB PS from the local grocery for $33.  It's a 10 yr barrel.  I'll give it a shot and buy more if warranted. 

Really happy to see this store get into the PS business.  Their selection has been pretty ho-hum until their recent BT PS that disappeared in 2 weeks.  Hopefully their success continues, as the grocery business is usually very keyed in on inventory, margins, sales volumes...  Could mean more PS on the way.

I picked up a Booker's 2017-4 "Sip Awhile" today.  Didn't crack it, but rather put it on the shelf with the others.  

On 11/28/2017 at 8:02 PM, Fishin49er said:

Interesting, I have a PS FR OESV that's 10 year 7 months at 54.7%. It's from warehouse TS barrel number 23-1J. 

Sounds like these barrels were very close. It would be interesting to taste them SBS.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:06 PM, Masset1982 said:

Very nice! 

Will.

Thanks Will. Have the bottles made it across the pond yet?

Jeff

5 hours ago, typf2 said:

Finally scored a Weller 12 Year! I've been calling a few small local liquor stores for over 2 months now. One gentlemen got three at his store, and was going to keep all 3 for himself. However he told me he'd sell me a bottle after being so persistent. I really didn't think it would happen, so this was a pleasant surprise! I just kept being kind to the guy, and told him I'd be coming back for all of my purchases. 

weller12.JPG

Well from the looks of that picture you're pretty excited to get it. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Well from the looks of that picture you're pretty excited to get it. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hahahaha pretty excited would be an understatement. So much time spent just googling liquor stores all over the state and calling.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Thanks Will. Have the bottles made it across the pond yet?

Jeff

My 2017 Stagg did ;-) , not yet. 

Will 

Ordered a couple weeks ago but arrived yesterday. Very excited. While the Turkey was the big draw (and exceptional), I was blown away by the MGP Light Whiskey (extra matured in 6YO MGP Rye barrels that was then used to mature an IPA). Wow.

image.jpeg

Man I want these. Initially when I hear light whiskey I'm not interested but this seems really interesting. What's the proof on these Jewbilee bottles?

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:34 PM, Dango said:

Received a text today, It said pick one. followed by a picture of 3 bottles, Stagg, ORVW 10, PVW Lot B. You can see what I chose. BOOM!!!

Stagg.jpg.77161f3acad741c39e620cc215469d01.jpg

I would be equally excited to bring home the Coffee Pot!

Just got a call (and proceeded to go get) a weller 12. Pretty happy since the last one I was offered was 60 dollars and I just used some of the one I have to make Joe's centennial blend.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Man I want these. Initially when I hear light whiskey I'm not interested but this seems really interesting. What's the proof on these Jewbilee bottles?

The Wild Turkey is 61% (9 years, Rickhouse G) and the Light Whiskey is 65.1% ABV. I generally have the same reaction when I hear/see light whiskey. This was special though. I went back for another pour two more times the night of the event, which is saying something given how many incredible whiskies were there that night. :-)

The Wild Turkey is 61% (9 years, Rickhouse G) and the Light Whiskey is 65.1% ABV. I generally have the same reaction when I hear/see light whiskey. This was special though. I went back for another pour two more times the night of the event, which is saying something given how many incredible whiskies were there that night. :-)

Interesting, very high proof for the WT and 9 years, just wow. Suppose the interesting thing about a light whiskey is there likely going to take on the impact of a re barreling like this much more than a bourbon.

Just now, kevinbrink said:

Nice meeting @beasled and his wife today, great people! 

IMG_20171130_212419532.jpg

Thank you sir! Not only for a great afternoon in New York but of course for the terrific bottles. 

@kevinbrink has helped me obtain the last of the 10 Four Roses recipes that I didn't have, along with these other beauties... so thank  you and I hope you enjoy those!

20171130_225308~2.jpg

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, beasled said:

Thank you sir! Not only for a great afternoon in New York but of course for the terrific bottles. 

@kevinbrink has helped me obtain the last of the 10 Four Roses recipes that I didn't have, along with these other beauties... so thank  you and I hope you enjoy those!

20171130_225308~2.jpg

Cheers bud!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.