What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

49 minutes ago, $helby said:

Some County Boards are still honoring old lists, others are using a lottery.   Although the state controls the warehouse and determines which county or municipality receives Ltd Editions, the local Boards decide how to allocate.  Many have gone to the lottery system but a few are honoring old lists.   In this case my name finally rose to the top !  

Good for you, enjoy. Thanks for the info

Found some Austin Nichols Wild Turkey 101. Tasting it now and it's just aces.  Brown sugar and vanilla.  Goes down incredibly easy for 101 proof. 

IMG_4171.JPG

• I like it 1

Missed out on the BTAC and PVW lotteries so I picked up a JD BPSB and Michter's US*1 American whiskey to console myself...

4 hours ago, Steven C said:

Found some Austin Nichols Wild Turkey 101. Tasting it now and it's just aces.  Brown sugar and vanilla.  Goes down incredibly easy for 101 proof. 

IMG_4171.JPG

Passed on a few of these at a local honey hole just yesterday. Is there any difference in taste from the Austin Nichols bottles to the current ones?

7 hours ago, JSpartan said:

12 yr 9 mo on the KCSiB. Hopefully it’s good. Couldn’t find any tasting notes on it.

E92D2491-5984-4AE8-BF74-08C95AEB9776.jpeg

Curious about that pick as well. I'm currently having a pour of a 13 year KC pick which is excellent so the Goose Island pick has me intrigued. 

Managed to obtain a Stagg Jr. locally.    First one I've seen in my area since about March!    :o

Oh, and a 750 of WLW.   :)

Still have a slim chance at a GTS, I think.     But, if I get it or not, I'm OK.    It's not like I lack for good Bourbon to pour.

• I like it 4

Richnimrod, nice you found the WLW. Hope they didn't bleed you out for it which is the case in my neck of the woods.

Whenever I'm out meeting a client or picking up supplies I make it a point to stop in to different stores on the return trip - this is making up for the lack of BTAC haha.

Grabbed the ECBP B517 and was surprised to find the A117 sitting behind it. I think the Stagg Jr. must be the newest batch too since I haven't seen that proof before? The ETL was $35 and this will be my first time trying it too (cracking it now), and the WT Decades was  $99 instead of the $170 I normally see it sitting around for.

Three raffles coming up over the next two weeks, then I'm done adding to the bunker for a long while.

20171208_234158.jpg

Edited by Bnrhodes3
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Oh, and a 750 of WLW.   :)

Oh, you FORGOT???   :lol:

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Oh, you FORGOT???   :lol:

Heee-He!  :D  Yeah, my tongue was in my cheek a little when I typed that.    I guess you picked up on that, eh Gee?

7 hours ago, BigTS said:

Richnimrod, nice you found the WLW. Hope they didn't bleed you out for it which is the case in my neck of the woods.

No at all.    Cost me a 'C' note.    I remember when BTAC wasn't nearly that, though.   ...And, it wasn't all that long ago, either.   :rolleyes: Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the Good Old Days....

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

Whenever I'm out meeting a client or picking up supplies I make it a point to stop in to different stores on the return trip - this is making up for the lack of BTAC haha.

Grabbed the ECBP B517 and was surprised to find the A117 sitting behind it. I think the Stagg Jr. must be the newest batch too since I haven't seen that proof before? The ETL was $35 and this will be my first time trying it too (cracking it now), and the WT Decades was  $99 instead of the $170 I normally see it sitting around for.

Three raffles coming up over the next two weeks, then I'm done adding to the bunker for a long while.

20171208_234158.jpg

Nice haul! Enjoy!

10 hours ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

20171208_234158.jpg

Great/MASSIVE haul ! 

Enjoy! 

Will.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:16 AM, $helby said:

Picked these up yesterday all at NCABC state prices.  

ECSB x2 $60 B517

W107 $30

VW Lot B $70

JBDM $200 

D51C0F52-846C-4F86-8D55-2F10CA37D905.jpeg

Good to know OWA is in NC.  Time to go hunting. 

Went shopping for a gift today, a handle of JB white label for my Brother in law, what he likes. Picked up the Colonel single barrel for $71.99, the cheapest I've seen it in Jersey.

Colonel Taylor Single.jpg

• I like it 2

First good find since moving to Columbia, SC. $58 out the door

7EDE625C-5C1E-4B1F-8DC8-E3737B5EBAD7.jpeg

Edited by ATLien
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, ATLien said:

First good find since moving to Columbia, SC. $58 out the door

7EDE625C-5C1E-4B1F-8DC8-E3737B5EBAD7.jpeg

131.9 proof, is that a new batch?  #9?

1 hour ago, gurgalunas said:

I think so. Excited to crack it open with a friend tomorrow

• I like it 1

Couldn't pass up on a deal, grabbed three of these at this price since that is what was still on the shelf.  

IMG_20171209_215317532.jpg

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Heee-He!  :D  Yeah, my tongue was in my cheek a little when I typed that.    I guess you picked up on that, eh Gee?

Clever, these Orientals, eh?  Oh wait - I'm now Asian!  Orientals are rugs, no?   :P

10 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

I stopped in my local ABC the past week on delivery Tuesday and they had a case of this very proof just in off the truck.  I was looking that bottle up one side and down the other and didn't see a batch number. Is it part of that etched code on the bottle?

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

I stopped in my local ABC the past week on delivery Tuesday and they had a case of this very proof just in off the truck.  I was looking that bottle up one side and down the other and didn't see a batch number. Is it part of that etched code on the bottle?

If I recall correctly there is no batch number on the bottle and batches are deciphered by proofs. Can anyone back this up?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.