What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I would be equally excited to bring home the Coffee Pot!

Yeah that coffee maker is worth 3 Staggs at the price I paid. We take coffee seriously here. 

• I like it 2

Friend dropped off a couple of treats this morning. I'm gifting the RHF, but really been looking forward to trying the 225th anniversary bottle. That will be happening later today. Hope you all have a good weekend.

20171201_KYPics.JPG

• I like it 1

On 11/25/2017 at 3:13 PM, JCwhammie said:

The WTKS says it was bottled 12-7. Would that be 2007 or December 7? I’m guessing 2007 since there’s nothing following the 7. 

The ECBP B517 $41.95 :D. All the prices on HH products at this place are phenomenal. 

6175AFFF-DFFD-4389-8C15-DE5457E58BCE.jpeg

JCW - is this haul from a St. Louis area store? I don't even blame you if you don't want to tell me where it is, but damn that price on the ECBP gives me butterflies in my stomach.

Pulled the trigger on this bad boy earlier today.

WT_DECADES.jpg

You have chosen wisely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Pulled the trigger on this bad boy earlier today.

Nice call. I enjoy this bottle thoroughly.

Two bottles of the latest batch of ECBP. My initial impression is this by far the best of the 3 batches released so far in 2017. Will need to be on lookout to grab a couple more when I come across them.

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

My bourbon advent calender arrived yesterday.

Better get started.  :)

IMAG2842.jpg

That is way cool!!  I just googled it and saw the "malt shop" has it for $157.12 but alas my control state doesn't allow shipping of such fine items.

Better get started.  [emoji4]

IMAG2842.thumb.jpg.794cd4f089cb3ad3c248f10c8fed234b.jpg

So cool, but unfortunately my state is a no ship state for liquor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple more Old Ezra 7 year 101.  Local stores have it clearance priced at $13.95...

I’d pick up a few at that price too! The cheapest I’ve found it around my area is the low $20 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better get started.  [emoji4]

IMAG2842.thumb.jpg.794cd4f089cb3ad3c248f10c8fed234b.jpg

I have the general whiskey version. Today's dram is Buffalo Trace. Such a fun way to celebrate Advent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

Four sure. ;)

My boy is almost two now, need to start practicing the dad jokes whenever there's an opportunity.

2 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

My boy is almost two now, need to start practicing the dad jokes whenever there's an opportunity.

Enjoy it while you can because at that age he'll howl with delight at pretty much whatever dad says.  It's when they hit their teens then they start thinking that dad's an ahole. ;)

Pretty great month. Picked up the W12s, ETL, and Angels Envy CS off the shelves in early November. Was gifted the Rhetoric 21.

I don't care what the calendar says. Yesterday might have been Christmas. Had the annual bourbon lottery at a local store. Owner put's out an unadvertised list and takes only the first 50 people. Calls us when to show up. Show up, get a ticket, and wait. Ticket # 1-50 are called. You'd swear it was like a real lotto from the reactions! LOL. There were 2 rounds. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the top ten people either round but not complaining. Good selections - PVWs, BTACs, Michters 10, ETL, Angels Envy Cask, KY Owl, Parker's, 750/handles of Weller 12, Hancocks, HW Midwinter's, OF Birthday, 4 Roses 2017 LE and Al Young Ed, Stagg Jrs, RHF...just a ton of get stuff they allocate for the lottery throughout the year. Wish I took a photo of the table.  I like the format because everybody walks away with something. Walked out with KY Owl and Parker's. Went to my regular store after and they held bottle of the WLW and had a few RHFs on the shelf. Fun day. Think I'll invite Santa for a drink. Cheers.

As I was leaving the lottery, few of the guys were in the parking lot taking pulls straight out of the BTAC Stagg bottle at 8AM in the morning! Got a laugh out of that one.

MwS9osZ6.thumb.jpeg.f962f70a7afb609e7e8d58af4a553548.jpeg

Edited by mdband
  • I like it 4

There was a second release of the 1792 225th Anniversary recently as I picked up a few bottles then a few more at stores in Bowling Green last week

• I like it 1

While out today having lunch and shopping with the wife I remembered that we were not far from a store that has a great store pick of 4R OESV,  That meant a trip there to pick up a backup bottle for the stash. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.