What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Tried to get one of those KCSB, but the Binnys I went to said they were all gone!

I got it at the Lincoln Park Binny's late last night. They still had 3-4 left on the barrel display, so they might still have them there.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, skidfive said:

Oh well,  hopefully the bourbon gods are good to me this year.

By the looks of that photo, they already were. Deluxe score!

58 minutes ago, Kepler said:

How old do you think it is? It's still NAS

:lol: 

Edited by Government Beard

19 hours ago, Kepler said:

Careful drinking the contents of those decanters.

8 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

I was warned they could have issues.  What are your thoughts on it? 

It might depend on how they have been stored over the years. Cork taint is a definite possibility.

A long time ago, I got lucky and stumbled across all four of the ER decanters. I bought two (#3 and #4) and another member here got the other two. I opened mine up right away. One was fine. The other tasted a bit off. I decanted both. I filtered the one that was off through a coffee filter, and then let it sit in an open container for a day. That made it a little better. I repeated the process. I then closed the bottle up and waited a few days before tasting it again. Marginally better. It still didn't taste quite as good as the other, but it was drinkable. My advice would be to open 'em up, check out the corks, taste 'em and go ahead and decant 'em. It couldn't hurt. 

Great finds by the way. ^_^

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

How old do you think it is? It's still NAS

Yeah its 2015. I guess I need to qualify old from now on ..as in not the new bottle. The “old” ones were seldom seen around here  for a while and I ran across this unexpectedly today. I’ll only post reeally old stuff from now on

I bought this today for $119.00, anyone have any good info on this bottle?  I knew they retailed for $250 when released, but I haven't heard too much about this release specifically.

fullsizeoutput_5cc.jpeg

40 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Yeah its 2015. I guess I need to qualify old from now on ..as in not the new bottle. The “old” ones were seldom seen around here  for a while and I ran across this unexpectedly today. I’ll only post reeally old stuff from now on

That's all well and good, the question remains are you keeping it or giving it to your friend since it's not the OWA you set out for? :D

9 minutes ago, John - H said:

I bought this today for $119.00, anyone have any good info on this bottle?  I knew they retailed for $250 when released, but I haven't heard too much about this release specifically.

fullsizeoutput_5cc.jpeg

It sucks...... let me know where you are going to throw it away, and ill dispose of it properly. 

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, John - H said:

Open it up and let us know what you think.

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, John - H said:

fullsizeoutput_5cc.jpeg

So where did you find this bottle at less than 1/2 MSRP?  There were only 2,070 bottles released and I've seen reviews ranging from good to excellent.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, John - H said:

fullsizeoutput_5cc.jpeg

I am infinitely jealous of you right now! That one is fantastic!

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Steven C said:

Luck found me today...

FullSizeRender 118.jpg

Have not seen any of that for at least 2 years here in GJ.

4 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Have not seen any of that for at least 2 years here in GJ.

I've only seen it in one store.  Same one I found a single bottle in last year... a nice little ride out in the Illinois countryside.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

So where did you find this bottle at less than 1/2 MSRP?  There were only 2,070 bottles released and I've seen reviews ranging from good to excellent.

Ran across this at a small liquor store between home and work...  I find some interesting bottles there from time to time.  Not sure why this was marked for that price, but I didn't argue; bought it with a smile!

Picked these up yesterday all at NCABC state prices.  

ECSB x2 $60 B517

W107 $30

VW Lot B $70

JBDM $200 

D51C0F52-846C-4F86-8D55-2F10CA37D905.jpeg

• I like it 2

8 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

$70 for lot B.

Yep, rounded up.  $69.95 to be exact.    That is the state price.  

16 minutes ago, $helby said:

Yep, rounded up.  $69.95 to be exact.    That is the state price.  

Lottery or you have connections?

1 hour ago, $helby said:

Picked these up yesterday all at NCABC state prices.  

ECSB x2 $60 B517

W107 $30

VW Lot B $70

JBDM $200 

D51C0F52-846C-4F86-8D55-2F10CA37D905.jpeg

How do the ABC stores handle getting the good stuff out to their customers?? Waiting list? first come first serve?? 

Finally bought a local selection of Belle Meade 10yo CS. This is one of the higher proof bottles (59.6% ABV) and I've heard it's fantastic.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:46 AM, JSpartan said:

Picked up an OWA 107 for 29.99 from my favorite local shop and then grabbed a KCSiB Goose Island Brewmaster pick from Binny's. Aged over 12 years. Has anyone tried this yet? It comes in a cool wooden display box. I can post a picture later when I get home from work.

12 yr 9 mo on the KCSiB. Hopefully it’s good. Couldn’t find any tasting notes on it.

E92D2491-5984-4AE8-BF74-08C95AEB9776.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Dango said:

How do the ABC stores handle getting the good stuff out to their customers?? Waiting list? first come first serve?? 

Some County Boards are still honoring old lists, others are using a lottery.   Although the state controls the warehouse and determines which county or municipality receives Ltd Editions, the local Boards decide how to allocate.  Many have gone to the lottery system but a few are honoring old lists.   In this case my name finally rose to the top !  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.