What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller Antique 107 Loch & K(e)y pick from Julio's - "Oops! - it's a microbatch" since two single-barrel picks got combined before anyone caught it.  Still at $31.99 OTD, a very nice edition of "wheater dreams" for everyday sipping, IMHO.   :)

Oops.jpg

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

THose Eagle Rares above ae awesome.  Hope the contents are as great as the bottles.  

I scored a couple Blantons PS.  Hadn't had Blantons in a while. But, with the price increase for Bookers figured I would got with the Blantons.  Then saw the PS logo on it and sealed the deal.  Ended up taking home a pair.  I have to say this PS is a darn good Bourbon.  Glad I brought its twin home with me.  

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Weller Antique 107 Loch & K(e)y pick from Julio's - "Oops! - it's a microbatch" since two single-barrel picks got combined before anyone caught it.  Still at $31.99 OTD, a very nice edition of "wheater dreams" for everyday sipping, IMHO.   :)

Oops.jpg

Is this generally available to us outsiders? I might pay them a visit tonight.

47 minutes ago, Kane said:

Is this generally available to us outsiders? I might pay them a visit tonight.

Yes, I think so.  Ask for Steve.  Or go to Whiskey Wednesday and have some French spirits tonite.  :lol:

On 12/4/2017 at 11:16 PM, Bnrhodes3 said:

Picked up these 3 this week. 99% sure the ORVW is the sole LE I'll be nabbing this year, but after opening it and getting my nose in the glass, I'm definitely glad I was able to get it!

24313361_306630623174217_6857872157659931730_o.jpg

Glad to see you were able to get the ORVW! Let me know when you want to get together and have a pour each of that and my GTS, like we were texting about.

Cheers!

After getting only getting a Thomas H Handy last year,  I got a call from a local shop I've befriended.   Told me he had a WLW, Stagg,  and Handy.    Went by the shop and grabbed each for $200.   Not crazy bad for California pricing.   

I stopped in another shop in the area where they randomly had 3 Staggs literally sitting on the shelf for $139.    I had all three on the counter when a guy came in, started looking at the lockup and asking about specialty bottles.    I called him over and gave up one of the Staggs.    

Looking back now,  I should have just sold him the one I got for 200.    Oh well,  hopefully the bourbon gods are good to me this year.

20171206_131527.jpg

• I like it 4

17 minutes ago, skidfive said:

After getting only getting a Thomas H Handy last year,  I got a call from a local shop I've befriended.   Told me he had a WLW, Stagg,  and Handy.    Went by the shop and grabbed each for $200.   Not crazy bad for California pricing.   

I stopped in another shop in the area where they randomly had 3 Staggs literally sitting on the shelf for $139.    I had all three on the counter when a guy came in, started looking at the lockup and asking about specialty bottles.    I called him over and gave up one of the Staggs.    

Looking back now,  I should have just sold him the one I got for 200.    Oh well,  hopefully the bourbon gods are good to me this year.

20171206_131527.jpg

Another JACKPOT. 

1 hour ago, skidfive said:

20171206_131527.jpg

I love hearing stories like that..but also hate hearing stories like that! (only because it didn't happen to ME)  Congrats.

• I like it 1

Man! After seeing all these BTAC purchases, my (2) ECBP B517 pickup seems lackluster.

I won't let it bring me down though. These twins are still coming home with me.

IMG_1456.thumb.JPG.101ee129eb4ed5f330490be7ec33181f.JPG

Now if I could only get my hands on a bottle of C917... :ph34r:

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Man! After seeing all these BTAC purchases, my (2) ECBP B517 pickup seems lackluster.

Cheers!

These are nothing to be scoffed at. Delicious offerings. At least that's what I tell myself after only getting a Parker's and Stagg this year and 3 or 4 B517s

• I like it 2

Picked up a Henry McKenna 10 year and a WT101. My first of both. Enjoying my first WT101. McKenna will wait a couple days.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Cheers!

Not going to lie because I would love to grab GTS or WLW but these aren't bad consolation prizes.  Like you, I ended up with a couple of B517s instead of BTAC.  I like this batch but have had a little difficulty finding the right proof to bring out the flavor profile I prefer.  I think around 105 to 110 is the sweet spot.

Dusty score today. 

1984 Beam's Private Stock
Michters Pot Still (Schafferstown) 1976 1/2 pint
Michters Pot Still (Schafferstown) unknown year Christmas Noel decanter
Eagle Rare 101 79 no 1 in series
Eagle Rare 101 82 no 4 in series

Anyone know approximate year on the Michters Noel?? I can't find a date on it anywhere.

IMG_1003.thumb.jpg.17d5c47a6c7576fb7001c1f49d3f86c4.jpg

Hey you don't want the contents of those ER101 decanters, how about you give me what's in them and you can keep the decanters.
  • I like it 2

21 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Dusty score today. 

Anyone know approximate year on the Michters Noel?? I can't find a date on it anywhere.

IMG_1003.jpg

Wow, that is pretty cool.  Can you share how you scored these?  Were they from a store?  An estate sale?

Just got notice that my favorite local LS got in there store pick of the 1792 full proof, so I ran down the to snag one.

Decided it was wise to pick up a couple more bottles of their BT pick - it's my fiancées 2nd favorite pour (her first is the Hudson Maple finish, but I can't find that anywhere). I figure showing her the 2 BT's would help soften the blow when she sees the 1792 and (2) ECBP B517's I bought earlier.

IMG_1458.thumb.JPG.f82bd1bf97b5ee8fe266533e2d86da09.JPG

Cheers!

Today, I only bought a BT PS handle.  It could have been a large day if I was of less character...

History:  Last Friday, BTAC and PVW hit KC.  If you were not connected, it was a madhouse.  People litrally racing store to store, folks from an hour away driving around looking for a liquor store to raid, distributors sending upper level management to deliver allocation bottles so the regular drivers could do their work.  

I was fortunate enough to have relationships with 4 places.  The first, I was at the door with 5 others when they opened (as instructed to do on certain days by the manager).  He took names and numbers from us, promising first pick at noon.  That turned into a Stagg for me ($89.99), after a PVW15, PVW23, and WLW went.

Later, running early to pick up my son from school, I stopped in a LS I've never bought a bottle at, let alone hoped the foreign owned, small-time shop would get allocated bourbon.   I  found a Stagg available at $180.  I was on the phone with a friend, who was striking out, when the store owner overheard and offered the marked up bottle.  Buddy on the phone overheard and said "SOLD!" (sorry again Gorzo).  The rest of the allocation was spoken for, according to the owner.

Enough history, on to today...  Stopped back in to see if any sales fell through, hoping to get Gorzo a bottle.  The owner wasn't there, but an old gal that reminds me of my late grandma was.  Explained what I was looking for and she was clueless.  Said "there is a box behind the counter if you want to look there".  Found a WLW, THH,  2 ETL, etc.  Asked about the BTAC, and Grandma said "if it's here, it's for sale as far as I know".  Would have sold me the whole box.  Damn...  

Told her to check with the owner, and my gut was right.  All sold.  The owner appreciated me asking for the phone call, though.  Too bad he is one of the guys that mark up releases.  Every place else I shop is msrp...

I did get a call saying I had a PVW15 at another store.  Still waiting on 2 stores to go through their lists...

17 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

I just ordered some SAOS 7yo Rye at €39/bottle.

Will.

My feelings of happiness for you are only tainted by my own dirty jealousy.

Enjoy!

:)

6 hours ago, skidfive said:

20171206_131527.jpg

How much more divine intervention are you looking for?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, gurgalunas said:

Today, I only bought a BT PS handle.  It could have been a large day if I was of less character...

History:  Last Friday, BTAC and PVW hit KC.  If you were not connected, it was a madhouse.  People litrally racing store to store, folks from an hour away driving around looking for a liquor store to raid, distributors sending upper level management to deliver allocation bottles so the regular drivers could do their work.  

I was fortunate enough to have relationships with 4 places.  The first, I was at the door with 5 others when they opened (as instructed to do on certain days by the manager).  He took names and numbers from us, promising first pick at noon.  That turned into a Stagg for me ($89.99), after a PVW15, PVW23, and WLW went.

Later, running early to pick up my son from school, I stopped in a LS I've never bought a bottle at, let alone hoped the foreign owned, small-time shop would get allocated bourbon.   I  found a Stagg available at $180.  I was on the phone with a friend, who was striking out, when the store owner overheard and offered the marked up bottle.  Buddy on the phone overheard and said "SOLD!" (sorry again Gorzo).  The rest of the allocation was spoken for, according to the owner.

Enough history, on to today...  Stopped back in to see if any sales fell through, hoping to get Gorzo a bottle.  The owner wasn't there, but an old gal that reminds me of my late grandma was.  Explained what I was looking for and she was clueless.  Said "there is a box behind the counter if you want to look there".  Found a WLW, THH,  2 ETL, etc.  Asked about the BTAC, and Grandma said "if it's here, it's for sale as far as I know".  Would have sold me the whole box.  Damn...  

Told her to check with the owner, and my gut was right.  All sold.  The owner appreciated me asking for the phone call, though.  Too bad he is one of the guys that mark up releases.  Every place else I shop is msrp...

I did get a call saying I had a PVW15 at another store.  Still waiting on 2 stores to go through their lists...

Wow should of stayed off SB tonight. Was trying to forget those stories.  Not to make you feel bad, but I knocked over a grandma running to the shelf to grab your RHF.

• I like it 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, lcpfratn said:

THH is actually the top choice for some. I think I'd probably choose it over ER17 and Sazerac 18, but then again I haven't tried those two either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, kevinbrink said:

I've only had Stagg, Saz18 and THH before and of those three it's my last choice, nothing wrong with it at all, I might chose it over ER17 myself.

I've tried them all in the past (not 2017 release) and would choose THH over Saz 18 and ER17.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, JT3NSB said:

Dusty score today. 

IMG_1003.jpg

Careful drinking the contents of those decanters.

Edited by Kepler

41 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

How much more divine intervention are you looking for?

Still gave up a Stagg.   Adding up my good karma for the Pappy release. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.