What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

While out today having lunch and shopping with the wife I remembered that we were not far from a store that has a great store pick of 4R OESV,  That meant a trip there to pick up a backup bottle for the stash. 

What a happy "coincidence"? B)

• I like it 1

Finally got a "T"!   :D

Blanton's Gold.jpg

Me likee Blanton's Gold!  ;)

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 9

57 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Finally got a "T"!   :D

Blanton's Gold.jpg

Me likee Blanton's Gold!  ;)

When pewter just won't do, you must go for the gold. Very nice. :)

• I like it 1

d87aa07ea386a96374949553be2cc32a.jpg

Pays to build those relationships with the store managers...  while I've been gone for over a month I had these waiting for me when I returned.  Not only did I get back to see some friends I also got back on the motorcycle while the weather wasn't too cold and getting your "knees in the breeze" will do wonders for your attitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Hop
  • I like it 3

Just when I thought LE season was over... :D

1DC78EBF-F2F3-4441-B6A2-F6F8E8DEE13B.jpeg

Pays to build those relationships indeed... I did well this yr with stuff I thought I’d never see. I got this and Al Young, GTS, WLW, ER17, THH, Lot B, ORVW, PHC 11, EC18, CEHT BP and 4G. Every single one at, or really close to retail. And each with an email that it was being held for me.

Edited by JTaylor
  • I like it 2

Just when I thought LE season was over... [emoji3]
1DC78EBF-F2F3-4441-B6A2-F6F8E8DEE13B.thumb.jpeg.5cf0010afa2f50aa1bbb927cd09e7d26.jpeg
Pays to build those relationships indeed... I did well this yr with stuff I thought I’d never see. I got this and Al Young, GTS, WLW, ER17, THH, Lot B, ORVW, PHC 11, EC18, CEHT BP and 4G. Every single one at, or really close to retail. And each with an email that it was being held for me.

Congrats on a very good year...and to great relationships!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Kept seeing it so figured I'd give it a go.image.thumb.png.20a109726a84e4f32f2f841728567a28.png

Edited by Bubba-Nj
  • I like it 2

On 9/23/2017 at 10:48 PM, KyleCBreese said:

Thanks to El Vino for pointing me in the direction of these bottles. I had been saving my last bottle of this 11.5 year OBSK for a while. 

Anyone have any insight as to why a barrel select would show up at a store that didn't select it, 4 years later? I know Canals has no problem selling their selections, so I was thinking it must have been lost at the distributor and found years later and offered to whoever wanted it.

Reading this a few months late...but I’m pretty sure I know the store where you found that one. They’ve actually been on the shelf for several years — they did not just appear recently.  The manager once told me that Canal reneged on the original order for a certain amount and so the distributor offered them to the store that has them now.  

If I am right about the store, it bought out another liquor store a few years back and opened that location which is not its only store. I don’t know if those bottles were initially bought for the main store location or for the opening of the store I think you were in, but I’m pretty sure I noticed them right when the new location opened.  I know it’s been a while as I can picture them in at least three different locations within the store — so, they’ve lasted through at least three store reconfigurations.  

I wondered how long they would take to drift off the shelf.  Good stuff at a good price (although, and I could be wrong, but I think they were even cheaper when I first noticed them a few years ago).  I think they’ve been able to exist in obscurity partly because the store across the street gets more traffic.  Hope you enjoy it as much as the original one you bought!

Now, that’s a lot to write if I’m wrong about the store!

Picked up these 3 this week. 99% sure the ORVW is the sole LE I'll be nabbing this year, but after opening it and getting my nose in the glass, I'm definitely glad I was able to get it!

24313361_306630623174217_6857872157659931730_o.jpg

Edited by Bnrhodes3
  • I like it 5

17 hours ago, Hop said:

Pays to build those relationships with the store managers...  while I've been gone for over a month I had these waiting for me when I returned.  Not only did I get back to see some friends I also got back on the motorcycle while the weather wasn't too cold and getting your "knees in the breeze" will do wonders for your attitude

Nice score.

I hadn't even heard that 1792 BiB was being released.  That's quite a surprise!

I'll definitely be on the lookout for that.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

Picked up these 3 this week. 99% sure the ORVW is the sole LE I'll be nabbing this year, but after opening it and getting my nose in the glass, I'm definitely glad I was able to get it!

24313361_306630623174217_6857872157659931730_o.jpg

I had a taste of the ORVW10, a few days ago, and really liked it. I wish I had a bottle.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Just when I thought LE season was over... :D

1DC78EBF-F2F3-4441-B6A2-F6F8E8DEE13B.jpeg

I've never seen any LEs the 2.5 years I've lived in GJ so far.

12 hours ago, Bubba-Nj said:

Kept seeing it so figured I'd give it a go.image.thumb.png.20a109726a84e4f32f2f841728567a28.png

It's a good one. Enjoy!

18 hours ago, Hop said:

1792 BiB ? Never heard of this one, pretty sweet haul ! 

Will.

Well I didn't totally strike out on BTAC this year, I'm OK with this as a consolation prize considering it was $99 and any of the others would likely have been at gouge pricing. 

IMG_20171205_220625328.jpg

• I like it 6

10 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Well I didn't totally strike out on BTAC this year, I'm OK with this as a consolation prize considering it was $99 and any of the others would likely have been at gouge pricing. 

IMG_20171205_220625328.jpg

Congrats.  I'm in a drawing to buy a BTAC.  Not holding out much hope that my name gets pulled.

IMG_20171205_220625328.thumb.jpg.2cd54a20b9d41bcdb7dec69f3dfc6dde.jpg

THH is actually the top choice for some. I think I'd probably choose it over ER17 and Sazerac 18, but then again I haven't tried those two either.

6 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

THH is actually the top choice for some. I think I'd probably choose it over ER17 and Sazerac 18, but then again I haven't tried those two either.

I've only had Stagg, Saz18 and THH before and of those three it's my last choice, nothing wrong with it at all, I might chose it over ER17 myself.

Dusty score today. 

1984 Beam's Private Stock

Michters Pot Still (Schafferstown) 1976 1/2 pint

Michters Pot Still (Schafferstown) unknown year Christmas Noel decanter

Eagle Rare 101 79 no 1 in series

Eagle Rare 101 82 no 4 in series

Anyone know approximate year on the Michters Noel?? I can't find a date on it anywhere.

IMG_1003.jpg

Edited by JT3NSB
  • I like it 5

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

THH is actually the top choice for some.

I am that guy. And for some reason this is *the* bottle I fail to get since 2013.

I am that guy. And for some reason this is *the* bottle I fail to get since 2013.

I got a bottle last year, and was hoping I'd score one again this year, but my chances are getting slim.

10 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Dusty score today. 

Anyone know approximate year on the Michters Noel?? I can't find a date on it anywhere.

IMG_1003.jpg

That is a thing of beauty!

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Dusty score today. 

IMG_1003.jpg

Never seen those ERs before, cool.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.