What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

I thought about it but Ive got an unopened one in the closet and the gf was being judgemental about my copius purchases lately.

I guess you'd call that "copious interruptus"...

• I like it 5

I passed on these yesterday and today. They wanted $50 for Sazerac. Easy pass.
063dadf54f6fc42059b64b75408888e8.jpgf7289b4c44805620a6e30cc526b3cabf.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

063dadf54f6fc42059b64b75408888e8.jpgf7289b4c44805620a6e30cc526b3cabf.jpg

Those are some cluttered shelves. Is that Master's Keep for under$100?

24 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I see an ECBP and Barterhouse on that top shelf. Can't see the prices. Do you recall?

13 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Yikes, just picked that up for $115

I got mine for $106. (Sorry...didnt mean that as neener neener!)

20171104_202032-1209x1612.jpg

• I like it 1

I got mine for $106. (Sorry...didnt mean that as neener neener!)
20171104_202032-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.c2fac9770eb573cef1490e40b61c1519.jpg
Sorry, I didn't ask after they gave the Saz price. I have each of those at home.

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Yikes, just picked that up for $115

Dang.. L barn said they were pricing at $160. Didnt realize they marked up so much.

Passed on a Weller 12 handle for $99, and Stagg Jr for $89. Same store had the W12 for $38 two years ago. That was a tad high at that time. Ha.

• I like it 1

I saw RHF for the first time in Arizona yesterday. They had it sitting for $130, and answered my questions as to whether Arizona actually receives it or not (I guess someone could have bought it somewhere else)

Same place had Stagg Jr. for ~$70 and Weller SR for ~$40 (750ml). Easy pass on all 3. 

They did, however, have FC 6yr for $17, which I grabbed. 

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I saw RHF for the first time in Arizona yesterday. They had it sitting for $130, and answered my questions as to whether Arizona actually receives it or not (I guess someone could have bought it somewhere else)

Same place had Stagg Jr. for ~$70 and Weller SR for ~$40 (750ml). Easy pass on all 3. 

Sun stop? Did you get some of the OGD114's I left for you? I didn't see the FC 6yr when I was there :o were there any left?

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Sun stop? Did you get some of the OGD114's I left for you?

I did! I went in to 3 LSs in like the one block radius there and walked away with a few things, but if Sun Stop is the one I'm thinking of, they had a number of older bottles there - some of the labels I hadn't seen before (older bottles of Arizona Distilling stuff, some unique Gins, etc). 

4 hours ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

I had a mini of this Sunday and I thought it was pretty weak especially for 103 proof.

11 minutes ago, DCFan said:

I had a mini of this Sunday and I thought it was pretty weak especially for 103 proof.

I haven't opened it yet, but for $17, I'll be content anyway it goes (I'll drown it in coke if it sucks, have it on the rocks if it is okay, and neat if I actually like it). 

I saw the new JD Rye in a store the first time; passed @ way over $30.  I noticed the OF Sig batch I didn't like is finally gone.  Maybe they'll get the new label stuff that I want to try. 

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

I saw the new JD Rye in a store the first time; passed @ way over $30.  I noticed the OF Sig batch I didn't like is finally gone.  Maybe they'll get the new label stuff that I want to try. 

Paul, you snd I have been lamenting our perception of s deteriorating Signature for some time.  But, I have gone through two of the new label bottles in the last several months and really enjoyed them.  Back of to snuff, for me.  I'll be interested to hear your thoughts if the same occurs for you.  I'll temper my enthusiasm with a qualifier, and that is that everything Brown-Forman seems to be in my wheelhouse of late.  From the Sig, to the new Early Times, to even regular JD.

I’m on a plane about to depart Kentucky and somehow, amazingly, I didn’t buy anything. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, flahute said:

I’m on a plane about to depart Kentucky and somehow, amazingly, I didn’t buy anything. 

Well get off that plane and pick up a few hundred dollars worth of bourbon.  Our economy could use the $$'s.

• I like it 1

I have no words, just...[emoji15][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, flahute said:

I know the feeling Steve. While I haven't been traveling, I have found myself making frequent rounds at some of my "locals" lately. Multiple chores and errands have had me out and about quite a bit, and somehow I almost always find myself close to a liquor store. ;) I've seen some good deal on a few things, and found some other good stuff that I was interested in, but somehow I've passed on everything. I inquired about Weller 12 at one store. They didn't have any, but the assistant manager offered me OWA or Weller SR instead. I told her that I'd already purchased a number of both of those from their store, and didn't want to be a hog. She smiled and thanked me, and I thanked her. As fate would have it, I stopped at a sister store the next week. The manager was on vacation, and the same assistant manager from the previously mentioned store was filling in for him while he was gone. Deja' Vu all over again. :huh: We both had a pretty good laugh. I already knew the answer, so I didn't even bother to ask. :mellow:

Being the self proclaimed Weller whore of SB, I know that some folks (Vosgar in particular) will find it hard to believe that I've passed up Weller's on more than one occasion recently. What can I say? :unsure:

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

Same store as last tuesday still had the KO rye at, bourye, ecbp batch C all close to or at msrp. I asked the owner if anythign exciting had shown up today and he pulled a single  Weller 12 out first one Ive ever seen out here on a shelf. I said "that is exciting," looked at the price... 150  so I left empty handed.

Stopped by one of the shops that I occasionally get some good deals from, but they go crazy with their prices when W12 and BTAC hits their doors. I passed on W12 750ml for $99 and 1.75ml for $199. [emoji15][emoji848][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend who owns a store offered EC18 for $110. Great at today’s prices but I have a bottle from a couple years ago and not ready for another. At a different store I passed on GTS, THH and ORVW each at $329. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.