What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Surprised to see BMH Oregon again...

11A217E5-9D69-4B44-A200-58E02773FC42.jpeg

I love the "1 per customer" written on there. Make sure you bring your significant other next time so you can each buy one. After all this  stuff would be perfect to mix with some cyanide in a Romeo and Juliet type of arrangement. Terrible whiskey but could only taste better in that cocktail

*not you personally with the whole cyanide cocktail thing. Just trying to make light of the ridiculousness of this 

Edited by BottledInBond

2 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I love the "1 per customer" written on there. Make sure you bring your significant other next time so you can each buy one. After all this  stuff would be perfect to mix with some cyanide in a Romeo and Juliet type of arrangement. Terrible whiskey but could only taste better in that cocktail

*not you personally with the whole cyanide cocktail thing. Just trying to make light of the ridiculousness of this 

did the old BMH used to be good?  I read reviews (older ones) talking about how good this stuff was.

Just passed on Kentucky Owl Rye for $169.99 (pre-tax)...I know it’s good and I bought one at $139.99 but that extra $30 is over the top for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did the old BMH used to be good?  I read reviews (older ones) talking about how good this stuff was.

The older bottles were a different shape (taller and thinner) and were from different sources. Some were amazing, some were only decent. I'm not dropping the coin on the Oregon version to have an opinion on it.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

But, but - it's from TW&M!  The sales guy said it was good, so it's got to be good, no?????   :blink:

Edited by GeeTen

1 hour ago, chappy6107 said:

Google Black Maple Hill and Stitzel-Weller, then enjoy the shitstorm :)

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

It was another along the lines of Michter's and Jefferson's that at one point sourced some good barrels as an NDP and then did some ridiculous stuff trying to fool consumers based on their past. Don't get me started

5 hours ago, BigRich said:

The older bottles were a different shape (taller and thinner) and were from different sources. Some were amazing, some were only decent. I'm not dropping the coin on the Oregon version to have an opinion on it.

I tried the Oregon version both the rye and the bourbon, only because a store manager that I know offered me pours of each and I didn't want to be rude. I thought the bourbon was pretty bad. The rye was a little more drinkable but then again I think younger ryes are often better than young bourbons. I'm sure they both were pretty young, specifically since they taste young and the place making it hasn't been around long so 1+1=2. 

The last of the Kentucky BMH NAS  stuff I bought a few years back was like $50 a bottle and I didn't think it was awesome. But it was still better than the Oregon crap, and the crap is more expensive....

passed on bookers blue knights for 49.99. Great price but Ive got an extra and this time of year Im hoarding bourbon budget just in case I get lucky.

I passed on the bargains in the picture. I also passed on KY Owl for $120 and Baby Saz for $30 since I've got some of both already.

20171101_191143-404x1002.jpg

Just passed on Kentucky Owl Rye for $110, Michter's Toasted Barrel Rye for $68. Not interested in either.

Also passed on JB black 8yr age stated 8yr on sale for 2 for $10 pint size which I'll likely pick up tomorrow.

Kentucky Owl must be a hustle it's everywhere.

31 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Just passed on Kentucky Owl Rye for $110, Michter's Toasted Barrel Rye for $68. Not interested in either.

Also passed on JB black 8yr age stated 8yr on sale for 2 for $10 pint size which I'll likely pick up tomorrow.

Kentucky Owl must be a hustle it's everywhere.

Yeah I've been surprised at the amount of it. I thought it was more limited and I admit I got caught up in the hype when it was first released. It is good stuff though.

Yeah I've been surprised at the amount of it. I thought it was more limited and I admit I got caught up in the hype when it was first released. It is good stuff though.

Heck if this was a week ago very good chance I'd had taken the rye.

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I passed on the bargains in the picture. I also passed on KY Owl for $120 and Baby Saz for $30 since I've got some of both already.

Always amazed every time I go in and see that case. It makes me feel rich sitting on about 7 Liters of W12

11 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

Always amazed every time I go in and see that case. It makes me feel rich sitting on about 7 Liters of W12

Yeah I have 7 of the bottles in that case that I bought at retail in the same local market (ok..well a couple were ~2 hours away). They are holding onto their prices as long as they can get them I guess. Some of those have been in there a LONG time though. The EC12 with the age on back really cracks me up.

Not too many years ago EC12 was selling for $20 a bottle. Granted it was a great value but $100...really?

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Based on these "deals" I am intrigued to know what sold in the bottom left hand corner

5 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Based on these "deals" I am intrigued to know what sold in the bottom left hand corner

It's hard to see in the pic. I down-res pics for posting. It's a sticker for Elmer T. Lee for $129.99. 

I guess. Some of those have been in there a LONG time though. The EC12 with the age on back really cracks me up.

I assumed that was an ECBP, they are nuts.

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

It's hard to see in the pic. I down-res pics for posting. It's a sticker for Elmer T. Lee for $129.99. 

Ouch, uh congrats to whomever took that plunge I guess....

11 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

passed on Kentucky owl rye at 130, midwinternights dram at 80, blantons at 62, bourye at 75

MWND would have come home with me!

21 hours ago, Clueby said:

11 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Ouch, uh congrats to whomever took that plunge I guess....

And I thought the store by me selling ETL for $99 was bad!

I thought about it but Ive got an unopened one in the closet and the gf was being judgemental about my copius purchases lately.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.