What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bottles deep of HWMWND @ $75 plus tax a bottle. I'm hoping I can find it for $10 cheaper at another store. If not I'll still live.

48 minutes ago, Bbstout said:

Bottles deep of HWMWND @ $75 plus tax a bottle. I'm hoping I can find it for $10 cheaper at another store. If not I'll still live.

You're killing me.

It's $89.99-109.99 here and goes up every year.

WTF?! Highest price I've seen and an easy pass. 
BookersWTF.thumb.jpg.5542c6bf7e18bda3df6a5df372df2e36.jpg

I don't feel like you are truly appreciating the sensational savings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 8

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

You're killing me.

It's $89.99-109.99 here and goes up every year.

Full disclosure... I did end up buying a bottle for myself and someone else.  I have gotten to the point where I don't have the fear of missing out problem.  There is plenty of really good readily available $20-$30 bourbon and rye out there. 

9 hours ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

This is the 25th anniversary batch I believe and is supposed to be one of the best batches and difficult to find.  I am lucky enough to have one in the bunker that I found by pot luck and for $59.

I'm pretty sure the 25th anniversary Batch was 2014-01.   ...And, it is a one of more than a few that are definitely worth having.    

Coincidentally, I had a pour from my last bottle of '14-01 this afternoon.    Deee-Lish!

Passed on a bottle of Hibiki Japanese harmony.  mainly because I dont know anything about the Jaanese whiskeys.  I did not see an age statement either.  Hopefully I did not make too big of a mistake by leaving it at the store.

16 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

Passed on a bottle of Hibiki Japanese harmony.  mainly because I dont know anything about the Jaanese whiskeys.  I did not see an age statement either.  Hopefully I did not make too big of a mistake by leaving it at the store.

It's the NAS whisky that replaced Hibiki 12 as the entry level Hibiki after the Japanese whisky craze. It's nothing special, and quite easy to find. You didn't miss anything.

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 1

Passed on Baby Saz and ER10 for $29.99 ea. I have too much of both already.

And the bottle of Blood Oath Pact 3 that's been sitting there for months for $68.

Edited by Clueby

Passed on Little Book for $75.  Not a fan of corn forward whiskey, and since a corn whiskey is part of the blend, I figured I'd try it before buying...

I passed on something, but I'm not sure what the hell it was?  I went into a Costco to check out the selection and saw a single bottle in a nice Booker's like display box.  It was some kind of Abraham Lincoln commemorative bottling and the box opened up into a display with various (obviously reproduced) documents related to the era.  I'd left my phone charging in the car or I would have taken a photo for reference.  Mistakenly, I thought I'd just search it on the internet, but, so far, nothing.

Anyone else seen this?  The amazing Costco price for this whiskey (it did not have a straight bourbon designation) was $1,299.  :o

4 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I passed on something, but I'm not sure what the hell it was?  I went into a Costco to check out the selection and saw a single bottle in a nice Booker's like display box.  It was some kind of Abraham Lincoln commemorative bottling and the box opened up into a display with various (obviously reproduced) documents related to the era.  I'd left my phone charging in the car or I would have taken a photo for reference.  Mistakenly, I thought I'd just search it on the internet, but, so far, nothing.

Anyone else seen this?  The amazing Costco price for this whiskey (it did not have a straight bourbon designation) was $1,299.  :o

Ooooooooffff.......

Seriously? Bourbon is insane right now.

Anyone else seen this?  The amazing Costco price for this whiskey (it did not have a straight bourbon designation) was $1,299.  [emoji33]

Boundary Oak Distillery? This bottle means the end is near, Fonze Jumping The Shark.

b0a64b6efe967419f40c1c32edbd2c12.jpg
  • I like it 1

^^^^That it is!  Thanks for the photo.  I don't recall having seen it anywhere else on SB.  Have you seen pricing in your area (or is this a stock photo)?

^^^^That it is!  Thanks for the photo.  I don't recall having seen it anywhere else on SB.  Have you seen pricing in your area (or is this a stock photo)?

Found very little on it as well. Yes it's a stock photo.

So they cut down a historic tree to make corks for bottles of mystery whiskey so they can charge exorbitant prices for it?

• I like it 1

So they cut down a historic tree to make corks for bottles of mystery whiskey so they can charge exorbitant prices for it?

I was hoping to read about how the tree went down in a wind storm or something.

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I was hoping to read about how the tree went down in a wind storm or something.

Bet it had Lincoln's very own axe marks in it!  :lol:

15 hours ago, Paddy said:

^^^^I found a link to a local news article...https://hardinlocal.com/boundary-oak-distillery-lincoln-valuable-whiskey/

Interesting backstory, but more interesting is the lack of information about what's in the bottle!  :lol:

They do distill, but they only started the operation in 2013 so it's either ~4 year juice or it's mistery sourced juice. Seeing as their owner/master distiller has no previous experience that I'm aware of and it seems they started on a shoestring budget I'm afraid to imagine how bad the juice they distill may taste at this point..... 

They have to be hoping for some serious idiots with money to burn to sell this Lincoln crap

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.