What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

27 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Looks like we are gonna need to see some visual evidence from the applicants!  :)

Well, afterall I did create the Wild Williams, and the WW-4 using 101 as my base. I might be disbarred however since I really don't enjoy WTRB. Yes, there's a kink in my armor.  

18 hours ago, flahute said:

Given the sheer number of RRSiB bottles I have in the bunker from Bourbon Crusaders picks, I just might be that guy.

9 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Sounds like we may have several guys that could be that guy, but..."There can be only one!" emoji6.png

No wonder I sometimes get you guys mixed up. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I don't know the Sacramento area that well.  I'm in the Bay Area.  I would say go to the store(s) that's most convenient to get to.  If you don't see something you want, ask the clerk to check stock at nearby stores.  Bevmo and TW are both big box chains.  I tend to like the selection of bourbon at Bevmo better (they have a store pick program) but it varies by time and location.  Things like ECBP, Stagg Jr. Kentucky Owl and Weller come and go quickly but you may luck out.  I have from time to time.  My local Bevmo has some ECBP currently on the shelf. [emoji33]  LE's like BTAC, Pappy, etc. - unicorns...
Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll probably check out bevmo then. Sounds like they have a good selection. The great thing is my cousins are taking us to San Francisco to visit. I'm excited, I haven't seen the bay area in a long time. Should be a lot of fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

I finally broke down and got a JB Distillers Cut for $21.  Also went back to a LS that had HMcK10 that was a honey barrel a month+ ago.  Still had he same barrel available, and still on sale for $26.  Bought 2 with a stack of cases left.

Any info on the honey barrel? I think I know what store you’re talking about. Small world! Thanks 

Grabbed a 1.75 ER10 store pick. Is there any easy way to figure out the age of the store pick? I have a few that I would be curious to know the age on them.

• I like it 1

3 KCSB (VBT 609) that are going out to fellow bourbon enthusiasts and the last bottle out of a stellar WTKS barrel. 

62C96483-31E9-4E74-B057-80B80A04C5E7.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, km1589 said:

Grabbed a 1.75 ER10 store pick. Is there any easy way to figure out the age of the store pick? I have a few that I would be curious to know the age on them.

Did you try adking the store GM? They may know.

May I ask where you got this? If it was Binnys, those are 12 yr.

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

I did no one seemed to have an answer. This one is from Binny's however I have a few others that I am curious about. I know if you contact some distilleries they will give you the information. Just couldn't remember or find if BT was one.

Thanks for the insight on this particular pick. Have you had this one? Curious how it is.

Edited by km1589

3 hours ago, Randyjangles said:

Any info on the honey barrel? I think I know what store you’re talking about. Small world! Thanks 

I liked barrel no. 3970, barreled on 10.22.07.  It's not on the shelf, but in the endcap display.

If you're another KC area SBer, shoot me a PM sometime.  Postal Grunt and I get together from time to time to sip a little brown water...  

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, km1589 said:

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

26 minutes ago, km1589 said:

I did no one seemed to have an answer. This one is from Binny's however I have a few others that I am curious about. I know if you contact some distilleries they will give you the information. Just couldn't remember or find if BT was one.

Thanks for the insight on this particular pick. Have you had this one? Curious how it is.

I picked up a 750 of this last Saturday on the way home from Kentucky. If I'd have known they had 1.75's, I probably would have bought one. ;) I have a regular ER10 and a ps ER10 open at the moment, so it might be a while before I open mine.  Please share your tasting notes.

Biba! Joe

Picked up a KC 25th Anniversary I ordered.  Barreled on 2/25/2004, 121.7 proof.  I cannot open it, yet.  We are going out tonight, so I'll wait until later to taste it.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Picked up a KC 25th Anniversary I ordered.  Barreled on 2/25/2004, 121.7 proof.  I cannot open it, yet.  We are going out tonight, so I'll wait until later to taste it.

I just helped my local liquor store pick a barrel of KC this week and the sample that we picked was 2/14/04 124.7 proof, and it was very good (I think it came from the 3rd floor). lots of leather and wood. And it even got better with a little water. This is going to be a great store pick. You should really enjoy it if its anything like the sample we had. 

Been a good couple weeks for me. Picked up a few 1792’s (High Rye, BiB, and Sweet Wheat) over the holiday weekend. Then finally got my hands on a Weller 12 two days later. Next day got Blanton’s Gold and SFTB.

Now waiting on a W12 (old label) and ETL to arrive.

I’m done for April.

3 hours ago, km1589 said:

I havent opened mine yet. Im working on a Foremost Liquors ER pic still; it seems less sweet than regular ER to me, & I like that. Hopefully the binnys pic is like that as well - I got barrel 61 & they had 3 other barrels as well.

I actually ended up with a 750 of Barrel 390 and the 1.75 is Barrel 35 plan to crack one of them this weekend and compare with what I have open

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I just helped my local liquor store pick a barrel of KC this week and the sample that we picked was 2/14/04 124.7 proof, and it was very good (I think it came from the 3rd floor). lots of leather and wood. And it even got better with a little water. This is going to be a great store pick. You should really enjoy it if its anything like the sample we had. 

The store picks of KCSB have to be the best value going in bourbon right now. Most I've tried have been very good to excellent and the ages have all been pretty high..12 to 14 years.  When they bottle the 124.7 barrel you sampled they will knock it down to 120 so it might knock a little of its oomph but they aren't adding much water to get it down.

With these store picks available I find it hard to swallow the prices they want for the 2001 and 25th Anniv.

• I like it 2

I didn’t even know such a thing existed...Blanton’s store pick. $66 after tax. 

D49F71B3-EE43-4672-93D6-42AE62B64628.jpeg

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

It's a great pour.

I think you're in for a treat.

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, km1589 said:

I actually ended up with a 750 of Barrel 390 and the 1.75 is Barrel 35 plan to crack one of them this weekend and compare with what I have open

Thanks km. FWIW, my 750 is also from barrel #390.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up a spare bottle of one of my favorites

43BFF9BB-F854-4444-BF29-C0E7E682997A.jpeg

I’m curious...how did you get that?

3 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I’m curious...how did you get that?

Had it shipped.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, gurgalunas said:

I liked barrel no. 3970, barreled on 10.22.07.  It's not on the shelf, but in the endcap display.

If you're another KC area SBer, shoot me a PM sometime.  Postal Grunt and I get together from time to time to sip a little brown water...  

I’ll definitely pick on up. I have a bottle from 2/2007 I have enjoyed. I’m in the KC area too but don’t have enough posts to PM yet you I’ll work on it. Thanks again 

15 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up a spare bottle of one of my favorites

43BFF9BB-F854-4444-BF29-C0E7E682997A.jpeg

Someone has been shopping overseas. it's weird, i can get it any day of the week and i don't, i'm sure if i couldn't grab it so easily i would chase it like crazy. This is a very good one though, let me know how those 2017 releases are, maybe i'll go buy one. 

Enjoy and cheers! 

Will. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.