What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally found a 10. Expensive but been after it for a while.
image.thumb.jpg.43aac4dc0c06a1310cb4a24db0c8ebd7.jpg

I’d pay that, I have some of the older clock dial bottles but the 8yr and more importantly only 80 proof stuff.

10 hours ago, jshleffar said:

finally refreshed website at the right time today and grabbed the most recent stagg jr

K&L?  I saw it on their web site yesterday but it was already sold out.  (Sold out within minutes of being posted...) I did get the 1792 FP store pick, though.  Can't wait to try it.  I'm a big fan of the regular FP. 

The Stagg Jr. is probably the 126.4.  If so, it's a good one.  Caramel/brown sugar nose with a nice, spicy back palate.  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

K&L?  I saw it on their web site yesterday but it was already sold out.  (Sold out within minutes of being posted...) I did get the 1792 FP store pick, though.  Can't wait to try it.  I'm a big fan of the regular FP. 

The Stagg Jr. is probably the 126.4.  If so, it's a good one.  Caramel/brown sugar nose with a nice, spicy back palate.  Enjoy!

yessir KL. I used to work right near the Mtn View Total wine and THey'd hold for me for a little while so as long as I called when the shipments came in I was good. but now it's too far away and Im tired of that sort of legwork.

2 hours ago, jshleffar said:

yessir KL. I used to work right near the Mtn View Total wine and THey'd hold for me for a little while so as long as I called when the shipments came in I was good. but now it's too far away and Im tired of that sort of legwork. 

Since I'm in the East Bay, I have K&L hold my purchases until I'm in the City for business or social reasons.  They will hold purchases for up to 90 days whereas Total Wine will hold for only a few days.  BTW, what part of the Bay Area are you in? 

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Since I'm in the East Bay, I have K&L hold my purchases until I'm in the City for business or social reasons.  They will hold purchases for up to 90 days whereas Total Wine will hold for only a few days.  BTW, what part of the Bay Area are you in? 

Yeah, i regularly build up a cache at KL will call in RWC, lately rum is the only hting thats been lasting long enough to have a shot at though, last 6 months their bourbon has flying off the site like never before. Im in Belmont/San Mateo but work in Palo Alto.

21 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Ohhhh that’s one of the 3 I am missing!  Both O’s and BK. Nice.

Those are the ones that have been tougher to find recently

While I had to pass on the pricey KO offering this week, I think I will do just fine with this one instead.

20180819_105800.jpg

• I like it 4

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, HoustonNit said:

Did a little semi dusty hunting and also got a Stagg Jr. latest batch 126.4. The 8yr Beam is half pints 2 for $10.
IMG_5086.JPG

Those Black Cap OGD's are special, I used to think it was a figment of my imagination but went blind a couple months back and the winner was clear. 

Those Black Cap OGD's are special, I used to think it was a figment of my imagination but went blind a couple months back and the winner was clear. 

Did you have it go SBS with the new more fancy bottling? This black cap bottling I think is the one right before the current bottle.

10 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Drat! I saw a couple of these last week. Now I have to re-evaluate my purchase queue and remember where I saw them.

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Did you have it go SBS with the new more fancy bottling? This black cap bottling I think is the one right before the current bottle.

It was current, black cap, and a couple orange caps for good measure.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:51 PM, JoeTerp said:

Those are the ones that have been tougher to find recently

Yeah, would like to find them soon.  Want to pop all 10 at once and work my way through the various recipes. May have to expand my efforts to get those last three.

It took me being here a year but this is my first post. I just picked these up. First time having the Russell's. It was extremely good.

JyZRbBWg.jpg

Edited by foppa78
  • I like it 2

37 minutes ago, foppa78 said:

It took me being here a year but this is my first post. I just picked these up. First time having the Russell's. It was extremely good.

JyZRbBWg.jpg

Great pick-ups, and welcome!

• I like it 1

It was current, black cap, and a couple orange caps for good measure.

Very cool, I’m a fan of all OGD, someday I’ll stumble upon some old ND stuff, I mean it could happen.

2 hours ago, foppa78 said:

JyZRbBWg.jpg

Glad you posted. Now, don’t hold out, what warehouse and floor??

• I like it 1

Had a pour of Willett Rye Saturday night.  The guy said he went a little liberal with the pour (full highball glass) so he's my new favorite bartender.  I swear it was a triple so I was kind of expecting a pricey bill.  Nope, $8.25.  Liked it so much that I went to LB today to see if they had any.  They didn't.  But they did have this:

Resized_20180820_163825_8631.jpg

10 year age stated and only 2 dollars more than the regular EC.  Been wanting to pick up a bottle of the DN and at $24 I wasn't going to pass it up.

1 minute ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Had a pour of Willett Rye Saturday night.  The guy said he went a little liberal with the pour (full highball glass) so he's my new favorite bartender.  I swear it was a triple so I was kind of expecting a pricey bill.  Nope, $8.25.  Liked it so much that I went to LB today to see if they had any.  They didn't.  But they did have this:

Resized_20180820_163825_8631.jpg

10 year age stated and only 2 dollars more than the regular EC.  Been wanting to pick up a bottle of the DN and at $24 I wasn't going to pass it up.

Very nice.  It always irks me a little when a store raises the price for a store pick vs a non store pick bottle.

5 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Very nice.  It always irks me a little when a store raises the price for a store pick vs a non store pick bottle.

Well it was age stated at 10 y.o. and a single barrel so the extra $2 didn't really bother me this time.

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Glad you posted. Now, don’t hold out, what warehouse and floor??

Here you go. Is any of this favorable? What should I look for on my next one?

KrHSVnx.jpg

54 minutes ago, foppa78 said:

Here you go. Is any of this favorable? What should I look for on my next one?

KrHSVnx.jpg

D has been a winner this year. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.