What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Haven’t bought much lately but picked up an Old Forester store pick. I had tasted a sample from the selection at barrel proof but was pleasantly surprised with how well it held up when proofed down for bottling

Word on the Lawrenceburg streets is that this is the last week the current (iconic IMO) Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit bottle will be used. Signed by Eddie at $49, this one is headed to the bunker. 

FBD778DF-D1F7-4529-A541-3CC581BD94F7.jpeg

• I like it 4

32 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Word on the Lawrenceburg streets is that this is the last week the current (iconic IMO) Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit bottle will be used. Signed by Eddie at $49, this one is headed to the bunker. 

For me that would be one to put on a shelf for display and to never be opened. 

Picked up a Belle Meade Cask Strength today. Interested to try it out. I really enjoyed SAOS, as many here have. Maybe this could be a good substitute.

IMG_9245.JPG

• I like it 1

Few more picks up from around Italy 

biba! Is that what people say??? ?

FFAB6764-67D9-4658-A0BC-BFA1205E2168.thumb.jpeg.52f60b1538be9a85e5c23877409df297.jpeg

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 6

Few more picks up from around Italy 

biba! Is that what people say??? ?

FFAB6764-67D9-4658-A0BC-BFA1205E2168.thumb.jpeg.52f60b1538be9a85e5c23877409df297.jpeg

Just Joe but great pick up either way!
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Screenshot_20180914-135513_Gallery.jpg

My BIL just made Chief in the Navy. I'm thinking about gifting him a B517 out of my stash and include something about Whiskey Advocate's ranking in the packaging. He's a JD drinker but gushed over a 4RSM bottle I got him last Christmas.

21 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

My BIL just made Chief in the Navy. I'm thinking about gifting him a B517 out of my stash and include something about Whiskey Advocate's ranking in the packaging. He's a JD drinker but gushed over a 4RSM bottle I got him last Christmas.

Congrats to your BIL, I'm sure he'd appreciate the gift, I know I would. 

23 hours ago, Mako254 said:

What kind of bottle are they switching to?

Not a ‘Weller Man’ in the tradition of some on here but 3 750 WSRs for $16.99/each is a pretty good deal. 

The name's Bond, B.I. Bond - I'm thinking a Bond marathon (in more ways than one) may be called for upon my return from the Holy Lands of KY.

I know there's more - got some of them already (and HH6yr is nowhere to be found), but these are some I can't get in LR.

Resizer_15369750250470.jpg

• I like it 2

The three on the right are some of my old time favorites - always somewhere in the regular rotation.

I have not tried the others.  I have had the JB Bond, not sure how similar is the Old Tub.

Baby Saz and a regular KC... I actually went with the intention to get a Bakers, but the price compared to the KC just couldn’t justify it for me . . .  although I’ve never had Bakers, so I guess I don’t really know.

17 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

What kind of bottle are they switching to?

I believe they are switching the the generic looking Russels reserve style bottle. Too bad as that KS bottle is beautiful, maybe it will resurface for perioic LE releases.

9 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

Baby Saz and a regular KC... I actually went with the intention to get a Bakers, but the price compared to the KC just couldn’t justify it for me . . .  although I’ve never had Bakers, so I guess I don’t really know.

I've never thought Baker's was worth the price.  KC SiB Reserve is cheaper and a better pour - 9 yrs vs. 7 and 120 p vs 107.

Final haul from this run to Macon, Ga. Passed on a 12 yr Knob Creek due to the fact Mrs Mako would have gone upside my head if I bought another bottle. 

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Final haul from this run to Macon, Ga. Passed on a 12 yr Knob Creek due to the fact Mrs Mako would have gone upside my head if I bought another bottle. 

Is this part of your hurricane evacuation prepping? If so good luck to you and your family.

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

I've never thought Baker's was worth the price.  KC SiB Reserve is cheaper and a better pour - 9 yrs vs. 7 and 120 p vs 107.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Even regular KC, although it lost its age statement, must still be around the same age as Bakers...  and 7 proof points didn’t seem like a good enough reason for me to drop another $23. 

3 hours ago, Mako254 said:

A8B9C291-D833-44DA-8988-4D48C453200D.jpeg

• I like it 5

A few pick ups from the last week or so. Here’s to hoping the belle Meade is the Same as the saos single barrels.
IMG_2346.JPG

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.