What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

50 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Found a Michter’s Toasted for $47 and Four Grain for $67. A nice little Wednesday. 

Nice on that Four Grain, have not seen it in the wild up north.

MGP juice. I have an 11 year store pick that is very good. Hoping the regular 10 year will be great as well.

Also grabbed another Weller Antique which I always do when it’s available. Best current value in bourbon IMO

5F5DE017-D683-4B78-B8AA-EB7FF862380A.jpeg

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Mako254 said:

Final haul from this run to Macon, Ga. Passed on a 12 yr Knob Creek due to the fact Mrs Mako would have gone upside my head if I bought another bottle. 

You need to counter that upside the head thing...

First duck, then follow with a left jab and finally a right cross.

Legend:

Duck = DUUUUCK!!!

Left Jab =  bring up the last thing she bought that was unnecessary

Right Cross = Run Like Hell (also a cool Pink Floyd number but don't stop to hum it or you're a goner)

Doing my civic duty on jury duty, got out early and stopped by my favorite liquor store. They had a High West American Prairie barrel pick with a Madeira finish. Hard to beat barrel strength barrel finished bourbon under $50.

Also they had a barrel pick of possibly my favorite RR to go with a different stores pick from last week. Both are rickhouse D, 3rd and 6th floor.

IMG_5257.JPG

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Doing my civic duty on jury duty, got out early and stopped by my favorite liquor store. They had a High West American Prairie barrel pick with a Madeira finish. Hard to beat barrel strength barrel finished bourbon under $50.

Also they had a barrel pick of possibly my favorite RR to go with a different stores pick from last week. Both are rickhouse D, 3rd and 6th floor.

IMG_5257.JPG

D has been ‘red hot’ this year.  It is off by itself down by the river according to Eddie. 

• I like it 1

D has been ‘red hot’ this year.  It is off by itself down by the river according to Eddie. 

Ah very cool information, you seem to have become the TurkeyHead around here. Did I see you post the Motor Supply Co. pick they did that Rarebird crazed about? You definitely got your hands on some nice RR picks.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ah very cool information, you seem to have become the TurkeyHead around here. Did I see you post the Motor Supply Co. pick they did that Rarebird crazed about? You definitely got your hands on some nice RR picks.

I split time between the four roses cult and the turkey heads which makes me a ‘Lawrenceburg man’ according to @flahute

Yes, I did post about the Motor Supply pick and am savoring every pour. One of my top 3 RRSIB this year.  

Rarebird is first rate and has created a community of great folks who may help each other locate certain barrel picks.

drop me a line to talk ‘Turkey!

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

MGP juice. I have an 11 year store pick that is very good. Hoping the regular 10 year will be great as well.

Also grabbed another Weller Antique which I always do when it’s available. Best current value in bourbon IMO

5F5DE017-D683-4B78-B8AA-EB7FF862380A.jpeg

Is your 11 the Woodmans pic? Got 1 but havent opened it yet. Target recently had their 9s & 10s on closeout, but I didnt get any. The locals were clearing the shelfs toot sweet at those prices.

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

Giving 15 a try

20180919_221607.jpeg

Interested in what you think. I had a batch 14 that I enjoyed but thought it was overpriced at $75. I keep passing on a batch 15 at $58.

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Interested in what you think. I had a batch 14 that I enjoyed but thought it was overpriced at $75. I keep passing on a batch 15 at $58.

Good grief. Buy it for Pete’s sakes!

• I like it 1

30 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Got an email yesterday...

6C150E2F-762A-4F7B-9015-7368E5F4052C.jpeg

148066FF-F5F8-4643-B44B-9A359BDA275D.jpeg

858064AB-B3A6-47D3-AC38-C8670C336382.jpeg

339D6A43-A054-418A-97A2-71791ACC6F83.jpeg

It always brings a smile to my face reading that people are getting a couple of great bottles.  Enjoy the treasures...

Edited by JvW
Spelling

13 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Is your 11 the Woodmans pic? Got 1 but havent opened it yet. Target recently had their 9s & 10s on closeout, but I didnt get any. The locals were clearing the shelfs toot sweet at those prices.

No, Kenwood.  Wow, were those Target Barrel picks or just the regular bottles?  Never even know Target even sold bourbon!

I lucked into a OWA107 handle today.  I try to stop at this store whenever I (infrequently) happen to be in the area.  Paid off today...

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Team Roses today!

10 yr, 7 mos OESV. 

8C47DAD9-7ABE-49FD-B142-49CF23A5CE05.jpeg

(Insert Jealous face emoji here)

that looks good as hell.  I need to find another OESV. 

7 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Got an email yesterday...

6C150E2F-762A-4F7B-9015-7368E5F4052C.jpeg

148066FF-F5F8-4643-B44B-9A359BDA275D.jpeg

858064AB-B3A6-47D3-AC38-C8670C336382.jpeg

339D6A43-A054-418A-97A2-71791ACC6F83.jpeg

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Weller CYPB.

Picked this guy up today. This is what happens when your on a budget...you get budget bourbon for $13 (still enjoy it though).

20180920_202315.jpg

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

No, Kenwood.  Wow, were those Target Barrel picks or just the regular bottles?  Never even know Target even sold bourbon!

Target sells liquor in Indiana.  Most of the time it's only the most common big brands, no good deals.  For a short time they had 4R Small Batch @$20.  That didn't last long.  I wondered if it was somebody's mistake.

Picked up these today, dont know anything about the Wilderness... paid 59$ at my local mom and pop so even if it was over msrp they always good to me and dont gouge.

Curious about the 230 bottles, I assume its a much larger release. ??

20180920_124829.jpg

20180920_124835.jpg

11 minutes ago, DEH1212 said:

Picked up these today, dont know anything about the Wilderness... paid 59$ at my local mom and pop so even if it was over msrp they always good to me and dont gouge.

Curious about the 230 bottles, I assume its a much larger release. ??

20180920_124829.jpg

20180920_124835.jpg

The Wilderness Trail is a SB product. Some barrels have not been very good while others have been OK. I picked up a bottle of the Willet Rye in Bardstown last week. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.