What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My working with special needs kids through coaching Special Olympics bowling used to take me to Peoria and/or Bloomington at least once a year depending on the circumstances. I used to stop in at one or the other 8-10 years ago. I actually purchased Pappy, BTAC, and a few other things there at retail. I didn't get the chance to go to either store for a couple of years, then when I went back again, it seemed that they'd gotten on the price gouging bandwagon. The LE's were now in glass cases at a considerable markup. Other desirable items were still on the shelves, but also marked up.  :(

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Passed on Blantons today. After snagging three bottles yesterday, I have 4 in the bunker, in addition to 2 store picks and 3 Golds. I didn’t feel the need to drop coin just to have another. 

Redemption 10 year Rye. ... $99 very tempted but decided to open something from the stash instead.

5 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Redemption 10 year Rye. ... $99 very tempted but decided to open something from the stash instead.

Go back and get that. 

The Willett 10 year small batch is 3x the price and basically the same thing. 

Also, I’ve drank like two of these. 

It’s fantastic mgp rye. 

Complex baking spices and not much of that “dill pickle” taste. 

P.S. when your cork breaks in half, a high west cork fits perfectly. 

:)

Edited by 0895

6 hours ago, callingtom said:

In a small town called Breese IL. ( Breese Liquor )  Just called....still have a bunch on the shelf $59.99.  Go get them!

Dude, you're awesome. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Go back and get that. 

The Willett 10 year small batch is 3x the price and basically the same thing. 

Also, I’ve drank like two of these. 

It’s fantastic mgp rye. 

P.S. when your cork breaks in half, a high west cork fits perfectly. 

:)

They had about 20 and im off all week. I’ll swing back by tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. Did you have to pay $100 also?

9 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

They had about 20 and im off all week. I’ll swing back by tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. Did you have to pay $100 also?

$95 plus tax. 

You wont regret it. 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, callingtom said:

In a small town called...

Just an FYI, PM this kinda stuff going forward. 

100 unsubscribed taters will now be over there tomorrow, cleaning house. 

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, 0895 said:

Just an FYI, PM this kinda stuff going forward. 

100 unsubscribed taters will now be over there tomorrow, cleaning house. 

:lol: @ "unsubcribed taters"

13 hours ago, 0895 said:

But....I like that dill pickle taste!

On 3/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

My working with special needs kids through coaching Special Olympics bowling used to take me to Peoria and/or Bloomington at least once a year depending on the circumstances. I used to stop in at one or the other 8-10 years ago. I actually purchased Pappy, BTAC, and a few other things there at retail. I didn't get the chance to go to either store for a couple of years, then when I went back again, it seemed that they'd gotten on the price gouging bandwagon. The LE's were now in glass cases at a considerable markup. Other desirable items were still on the shelves, but also marked up.  :(

Biba! Joe

i know the place you're refering to. i drove down to p-town a few weeks ago, making some stops on the way, & passed on ECBP for 50 & 58. i get to the place you're talking about, & they have it in the case for $99.99.

its been a couple years since i passed on OWA, but i did today. damn that price hike. 

• I like it 2

One the local LS has Smooth Ambler Old Scout for $129.  It's something I've wanted to try for awhile it was the first I've seen of it around here.  I passed as that seemed outrageously overpriced....or am I missing something?

11 hours ago, pyro273 said:

One the local LS has Smooth Ambler Old Scout for $129.  It's something I've wanted to try for awhile it was the first I've seen of it around here.  I passed as that seemed outrageously overpriced....or am I missing something?

If it's Indiana sourced that is probably the going rate though I would say it's not worth it unless it was a Very Old Scout which I would guess it is not. If it's a TN sourced bottle it's just price gouging.

While out and about yesterday, I stopped at one local store to pick up a bottle. FWIW, the manager graciously donated a private selection KCSB for us to raffle off at our Spring Bash. :D 

HH/Evan Williams has seemingly been putting on a big push around here as of late. EW 86 proof, BIB and Single Barrel have all been plentiful. I've seen large displays with EW benches and small tower shelves at more than one store, with the tower shelves and end caps full of handles of EW 86 on sale for $19.99-$21.99. On top of that, there are rebates too. I passed on it all, but I had to post a couple of pics of one display item the manager had just received. For the EW bourbon and music lover...........

Biba! Joe

case1.jpeg

case2.jpeg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

While out and about yesterday, I stopped at one local store to pick up a bottle. FWIW, the manager graciously donated a private selection KCSB for us to raffle off at our Spring Bash. :D 

HH/Evan Williams has seemingly been putting on a big push around here as of late. EW 86 proof, BIB and Single Barrel have all been plentiful. I've seen large displays with EW benches and small tower shelves at more than one store, with the tower shelves and end caps full of handles of EW 86 on sale for $19.99-$21.99. On top of that, there are rebates too. I passed on it all, but I had to post a couple of pics of one display item the manager had just received. For the EW bourbon and music lover...........

Biba! Joe

case1.jpeg

case2.jpeg

I mean I need that.....

• I like it 1

While out and about yesterday, I stopped at one local store to pick up a bottle. FWIW, the manager graciously donated a private selection KCSB for us to raffle off at our Spring Bash. [emoji3] 

Biba! Joe

case1.thumb.jpeg.251fb6d66917f03afb78cc5c67364f7b.jpeg

case2.thumb.jpeg.b10020b36aa2c8269beea0c701914c8c.jpeg

Ok. I mean I know it’s a bit cheesy....but damn that’s cool.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Get 2 please. 

Fortunately it fits a few bottles to justify the baggage costs ;) 

• I like it 2

On 3/26/2019 at 7:52 PM, kevinbrink said:

Fortunately it fits a few bottles to justify the baggage costs ;) 

Unless, of course, if you're driving (tough to do across The Pond, tho?).  ☺️

• I like it 1

Passed on Legent even though it was the first time seeing it. Had to fly home and no checked bag. Figured it’ll be around at home soon anyway.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

case1.jpeg

case2.jpeg

Are those family sized bottles ?

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Phil T said:

Are those family sized bottles ?

Yep.

• I like it 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, 0895 said:

$95 plus tax. 

You wont regret it. 

Picked this up (Redemption Rye 10’year). Really nice stuff. Thanks for the rec!

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Picked this up (Redemption Rye 10’year). Really nice stuff. Thanks for the rec!

Is this the regular or high rye 10 year? Barrel proof?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.