What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

All this Weller and none seems to show up in Indy or when it does it disappears before anyone knows it was even here.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

A barrel of no thanks

I think I'd have to try a PS WSR given the price of entry.  Is it a single barrel?  I've yet to see one. Regular ol WSR makes it around often but the taters treat it like Pappiez and the gougers take advantage.  My self imposed spending limit was $20 for it but I'd probably fork over the extra $4 for the PS.

I think I'd have to try a PS WSR given the price of entry.  Is it a single barrel?  I've yet to see one. Regular ol WSR makes it around often but the taters treat it like Pappiez and the gougers take advantage.  My self imposed spending limit was $20 for it but I'd probably fork over the extra $4 for the PS.

WSR is available as a PS Single Barrel in several markets. I’ve only ever seen one in my area since most stores choose OWA as a PS if they can get it. Of course OWA PS bottles don’t last long even with purchase limits, but the PS WSR barrel hung around for several weeks a few years ago when one of my favorite stores got one. Of course WSR is available most of the time in my area anyway, while OWA only comes around in any quantity in the fall.

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

It's funny you say that. TW actually released one today (along with Blanton's and a PS BT). Before the talk the last few days I'd never heard of a PS WSR either. 

7 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

It's funny you say that. TW actually released one today (along with Blanton's and a PS BT). Before the talk the last few days I'd never heard of a PS WSR either. 

Yeah I just heard that today...a bit too late apparently.

A store I used to frequent has done a number of ps Weller SR’s over the last ten years or twelve years. All were decent, and a couple were great. One time they bought three barrels that they had blended together and bottled in 1.75’s. Their latest one was towards the end of last year. I passed because their price was way too high IMHO.

Biba! Joe

Passed on Buffalo Trace at $19.99.  Great price and I will likely pick some up in the near future for some summer drinking.  I am just trying not to stock pile anything at the moment,  will buy when I am ready to open and drink.  That said, I think there is a case discount so there is a good chance I will just be a hypocrite on this one.   

8 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Passed on Buffalo Trace at $19.99.  Great price and I will likely pick some up in the near future for some summer drinking.  I am just trying not to stock pile anything at the moment,  will buy when I am ready to open and drink.  That said, I think there is a case discount so there is a good chance I will just be a hypocrite on this one.   

I completely understand brother. :rolleyes:  

Biba! Joe

Notable passes today:

ECBP at $100

Stagg Jr. at $69.99

OE 7 Barrel Strength at $44.99 (miiiiiight go back for one)

ER at $38.99

I just am not sure I could ever pass on BT at that price. Thou art stronger than I.

I passed on 2 bottles of High West MWND @ $99 each.  Saw them somewhere in New Mexico.  I have a couple in the bunker already that I grabbed years ago when the price was lower.

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

Easy pass. Also saw Stagg Jr at $79.99 and a slew of Baby Saz at $39.99. ?

98AABFEE-5F78-41A5-840C-9A532FD60E95.jpeg

Wow, all 3 of those are way overpriced!

^, yep, was in FL last week and picked up a EHT SB for $69. Thought that was a good price.

39 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Wow, all 3 of those are way overpriced!

Makes me feel bad for leaving the Eagle Rare on the shelf @ $39 today!

15 hours ago, Oli77 said:

^, yep, was in FL last week and picked up a EHT SB for $69. Thought that was a good price.

Was that Single Barrel or Small Batch?  Good price for Single Barrel.  High for Small Batch.

• I like it 1

FOMO NOMO.

Unprecedented pass on the best package store in my territory.  Went by it twice without stopping.  Can't lie, it stung a little.  The wallet was happy, though. 

I woke up a couple weeks ago to the realization that I probably don't need to buy another bottle in my lifetime.  Ouch. 

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, Guss West said:

FOMO NOMO.

Unprecedented pass on the best package store in my territory.  Went by it twice without stopping.  Can't lie, it stung a little.  The wallet was happy, though. 

I woke up a couple weeks ago to the realization that I probably don't need to buy another bottle in my lifetime.  Ouch. 

Pledges like this remind me of the "Contest" episode of "Seinfeld"...

• I like it 1

While store-hopping and picking up JB BIB, JB Distillers Cut, and OGD BIB (all at $20-21, and I do mean "ALL" - as the trunk was empty), I saw a nice shelving of Baker's "ON SALE" at $66, down from $71.  Since Virginia ABC sells it at $60 and always has it, as do I, I did pass.  I like that store so I said nothing.

4 hours ago, Guss West said:

FOMO NOMO.

Don't know about you, but I'm planning on making it to 126.  OR, drinking faster, whichever comes first.

• I like it 4

Passed on a 6 bottle package consisting of one each of all the VW's for the low, low price of $7499.99. Same store had RHF for $149.99, which I reminded the clerk I had bought from them for $100 less just a few years ago. Just got the "deer in the headlights" look :D 

• I like it 3

22 hours ago, fosmith said:

Was that Single Barrel or Small Batch?  Good price for Single Barrel.  High for Small Batch.

Ah, still learning it was the small batch, should have written SmB.

Passed on WTKS in the new bottle.  Sad to see the old bottle gone :( 

WTKS_new_bottle.thumb.jpg.2221034b24e6c313033f7b731fdc0147.jpg

Also had to pass on OGD114, although if I were passing through DFW by car rather than plane, I might have stocked up ($23.69 cash price, or $21.90 for a case!)  Also was surprised to see Baby Saz at the same store for sub-$26 cash price (less than Ritt BIB).  Need to remember to travel with larger luggage next time :lol: 

• I like it 2

Passed on WTKS in the new bottle.  Sad to see the old bottle gone [emoji20] 

WTKS_new_bottle.thumb.jpg.2221034b24e6c313033f7b731fdc0147.jpg

Also had to pass on OGD114, although if I were passing through DFW by car rather than plane, I might have stocked up ($23.69 cash price, or $21.90 for a case!)  Also was surprised to see Baby Saz at the same store for sub-$26 cash price (less than Ritt BIB).  Need to remember to travel with larger luggage next time :lol: 

Baby Saz is quite common in Texas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.