What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 hours ago, DCFan said:

Joe, I’ve only had Ezra and BT so I can’t help you with the Bowman comparison.

The Mary Hite Bowman is very good. I’d definitely recommend trying it sometime (and being in VA this one isn’t too hard to find and certainly easier than finding BT’s. 

enhance

Also 

375 Beam Signature series Triticale $65

375 Beam signature series  Red Wheat $65

750 Beam  Signature series Quarter Cask $45

1.75 Beam Black 8 Year $53

MWND $130

Bakers $70

etc..

Edited by FasterHorses

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

Also 

MWND $130

Bakers $70

etc..

Wow...and to think I passed on a Little Book 2 today @ $99.99.  I did not know it was half off!

• I like it 1

enhance

Also 
MWND $130
Bakers $70
etc..

Does that store sell anything at a reasonable price? Everything in that picture is grossly overpriced...some by more than others, but still overpriced. How are they still in business?
  • I like it 1

14 minutes ago, callingtom said:

Wow...and to think I passed on a Little Book 2 today @ $99.99.  I did not know it was half off!

My eyes are bad, thought Little Book was $199.  So not half off.. only 33% off.  Sorry.  

22 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Does that store sell anything at a reasonable price? Everything in that picture is grossly overpriced...some by more than others, but still overpriced. How are they still in business?

3 customers came in and bought stuff so i guess they do ok. Hard to believe though. Alabama ABC store.  I laughed and walked out. 

• I like it 2

Last week I passed on a couple of bottles of Little Book for $79.99 at K&L.  Decent price but just doesn't call my name...

Last week I passed on a couple of bottles of Little Book for $79.99 at K&L.  Decent price but just doesn't call my name...

[emoji15] Those bottles would have come home with me at that price!
  • I like it 1

I guess neither are these bourbon but the Forgiven at least has bourbon in it.

20190306_125439-784x1613.jpg

20190306_125026-784x1613.jpg

I passed on a lot lately. I saw something from Redemption called Tyler’s Mistake. I’m sure it’s been discussed on here somewhere but I hadn’t noticed it until seeing it in the store. Don’t the people at Redemption know that WT has a monopoly on “our employee is stupid and accidentally dumped bourbon with rye” product marketing? 

• I like it 1

Passed on JB 12 yr at a few Duty Free stores overseas. I haven’t heard too many good things about it and didn’t feel like carting it around on vacation. 

Had to pass on duty free 1L WT101 for $18.50 and 1L Rare Breed for $32. broke my heart. At the ATL airport but interestingly the back label showed them as Italian imports.

IMG_20190307_160428.jpg

Passed on JB 12 yr at a few Duty Free stores overseas. I haven’t heard too many good things about it and didn’t feel like carting it around on vacation. 

You obviously haven’t been reading all of the threads lately because that was a recent topic. It’s really good stuff and priced really well in the duty free shops.
  • I like it 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:34 AM, lcpfratn said:

You obviously haven’t been reading all of the threads lately because that was a recent topic. It’s really good stuff and priced really well in the duty free shops.

Are they discontinued? I’ve seen one at a hole in the wall shop outside of Chicago recently. Maybe I’ll go back and give it a try.

1 hour ago, JSpartan said:

Are they discontinued? I’ve seen one at a hole in the wall shop outside of Chicago recently. Maybe I’ll go back and give it a try.

I don't think it was an ongoing release, I think it was a one time thing a few years back as with the other JB Signature Craft bottles.

Passed on some 1792 BIB for around $40 I think. I just picked up a 1792 FP store pick and didn’t feel like having another 1792. Plus with a new baby in the mix I’ll have to pick and choose better. I’ve never had it so I’m still tempted. The SiB and SB never really hit the spot with me.

Passed on Eagle Rare at $30. First I’ve seen in months, but I have so much I’ve bought over the last few weeks, I didn’t see much need to add more ER to the two in the bunker now. 

That said, if I don’t find anything interesting, I may end up going back and buying them. 

12 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Passed on some 1792 BIB for around $40 I think. I just picked up a 1792 FP store pick and didn’t feel like having another 1792. Plus with a new baby in the mix I’ll have to pick and choose better. I’ve never had it so I’m still tempted. The SiB and SB never really hit the spot with me.

Passed where?  Been watching closely down here (AR) but no joy.  IMHO BIB in the $40-45 range is a no brainer, better than FP and SIB.

16 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

RHF 149.. marked down from 299 according to the guy.

Holy crap! Half off! 

• I like it 1

I don't know if this applies, but here in Ohio we have lotteries for the more sought after bottles. Tomorrow there is a lottery for Weller CYPB that I will have to miss due to a home inspection for my newly purchased house. I also received an email for a lottery for the new $2k ER, why couldn't that one be tomorrow instead? ? <-- (crying face)

Edited by pouringwhiskey

17 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

RHF 149.. marked down from 299 according to the guy.

Halve it a couple more times and it'll hit square into my price range....

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Passed where?  Been watching closely down here (AR) but no joy.  IMHO BIB in the $40-45 range is a no brainer, better than FP and SIB.

Michigan, it looks like they just got a rush of Barton products. I had my friend put it behind the counter in case I pull the trigger. I’ve been Saving to buy some whistlepig store picks. It may go in the what did you recently purchase thread. Thanks for the guild trip Powderkeg! “No brainer” lol. I’m so weak and at $40 who knows.

275D6343-347E-4CD5-B1EA-8A909A72F782.jpeg

Edited by Adam777

I wasn't shopping for for one, but saw an Antique 107 behind the counter for $93.  I didn't even bother to look at the Blanton's. 

Also saw an ECBP for $149.  Geeze

Edited by Kepler
"at" not "a"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.