What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Could Frankfort mean Old Crow Distillery? Owned by Beam if I recall, & they still age there; not sure when they stopped distilling.

Would be helpful to have a laser code or bottle date.

I passed Dickel #12 on a close out @ $20.

I couldn't decide whether to give it another chance, or remember not really liking it in the past.

ECBP B518 $69.99

ECBP Batch#11 $59.99

Stagg Jr $79.99

And a few other interesting things that weren't too crazy price-wise. All at the same store.

I got a little excited about the old-style ECBP bottle before realizing I already have several bottles of batch#11 (which is random, as the only other old-style bottle ECBP in my collection is batch#1).

27 minutes ago, TheOakMonster said:

ECBP B518 $69.99

ECBP Batch#11 $59.99

Stagg Jr $79.99

And a few other interesting things that weren't too crazy price-wise. All at the same store.

I got a little excited about the old-style ECBP bottle before realizing I already have several bottles of batch#11 (which is random, as the only other old-style bottle ECBP in my collection is batch#1).

That batch 11 ECBP would have definitely come home with me. I haven't found a new batch that I like as well as the older ones. Batch 12 was my favorite. 

• I like it 1

The ABC stores in my area must’ve just gotten in a shipment of BT as they are all swimming in it. I passed since I have a bottle already. $26.99.

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

The ABC stores in my area must’ve just gotten in a shipment of BT as they are all swimming in it. I passed since I have a bottle already. $26.99.

BT products in general seem to be shipping at a good clip right now. I’ve been stocking up on Wellers and Blantons. Found only a few ER and EHT lately. 

I passed on this WJ “10y” yesterday.  Can anyone else see a problem with the label?
CEA17F1F-A8AD-4A61-9DB7-FA9010E4CD73.thumb.jpeg.029f441f245e72f95b6457e9add034df.jpeg

Hopefully that’s a bottled on date of 2018.

21 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

:D:D:D Nothing says party like a bucket of Fireball :D:D:D

fireball.jpg

That would go over good for this time of year in south Louisiana for Mardi Gras parades....

18 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

:D:D:D Nothing says party like a bucket of Fireball :D:D:D

fireball.jpg

Nothing says "good times" like drinking propylene glycol.   RM Rose's Fire on the Mountain beats this hands down if you are so inclined....

8 hours ago, pyro273 said:

Nothing says "good times" like drinking propylene glycol.   RM Rose's Fire on the Mountain beats this hands down if you are so inclined....

Although Fireball at one time contained an FDA compliant and perfectly safe and small amount of propylene glycol (as many food, drink, medicinal products, etc. still do, and have for decades), Fireball does not have PG in its current formulation.  

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

Passed on PHC 12 at £250/270 and EC18 for £250. 

Whoever is setting the pricing in the UK certainly wants more shelf turds.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Although Fireball at one time contained an FDA compliant and perfectly safe and small amount of propylene glycol (as many food, drink, medicinal products, etc. still do, and have for decades), Fireball does not have PG in its current formulation.  

Fair enough, thanks for the education!

I am passing on the Woodford Reserve Baccarat at $2193.90. Tough pass for me, but I thought maybe lcpfratn would bring his bottle over for me to try? ?

I am passing on the Woodford Reserve Baccarat at $2193.90. Tough pass for me, but I thought maybe lcpfratn would bring his bottle over for me to try? ?

It ain’t happening buddy! I was actually hoping you were going to spring for it so I’d get to try it! That was an immediate pass for me too when I saw the email message.

But the PG was my favorite part!!!!
  • I like it 1

27 minutes ago, BigRich said:

But the PG was my favorite part!!!!

I know.  And, you haven’t been as sweet since they took it out...  :D

• I like it 2

I know.  And, you haven’t been as sweet since they took it out...  [emoji3]

Just wait until Saturday!

1 minute ago, BigRich said:

Just wait until Saturday!

Yeah, perhaps another 4 of us in a Versa Uber...  :D

Yeah, perhaps another 4 of us in a Versa Uber...  [emoji3]

Oh now you’re just talking dirty. We might need to take this offline.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

So I stopped in and bought a 750 and a liter bottle of the Old Taylor 6yr age stated today. Everyone is saying it’s made by Beam but my bottles read “Distilled and Bottled Under United States Government Supervision by Old Fashioned Copper Distillery, Franklin County, Frankfort, KY”. Nothing about that makes me think Beam. I thought OFC was part of Buffalo Trace. 

C90E860C-08B9-4AF3-8D1E-2E98FE36BEE4.jpeg

the laser code is B12116081016

the laser code is B12116081016

No chance they’d use a JB UPC code for a JB distilled product bottled by BT and only a BT UPC code if it was distilled and bottled by them? If so that’s an easy check but doubt it. If it’s 80686 than clearly Beam, if it’s 88004, still likely Beam if I had to guess.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.