What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, ArthurDigbySellers said:

At first glance I was like "damn, someone else did the same thing!" then I saw it was you... ? Also, I am sure it's just a typo, but the bottle I brought over was A119.

You sir, are correct. That A119 is fantastic. 

• I like it 2

On 4/9/2019 at 11:21 AM, Marekv8 said:

Bigass Baker’s for breakfast at the LAX Sky Club— a world record pour. 

1E319884-29FC-4D56-AE27-9BB05619D160.thumb.jpeg.4d33527d96cc724265f53f4a48517d60.jpeg

Airport pour best pour. I know a place at Boston Logan that does this, their best pour is KC, but I'll happily take it before a flight. I have serious flight anxiety, but my Boston - Tokyo flights are always painless.

From left to right: Rear stated EC12 decanted from a 1.75, the best of the 6 ECSiB I opened, my blend of the other 5 SiB and 2 ECBP that has been marrying for a month and clocks in at 104pf. 

E34AE760-35AB-4A3C-8BAD-FD4A5839C0C5.jpeg

• I like it 3

First was John J Bowman. Moved to David Nicholson 100. Now some BT while I head to play pinball in the basement. Time to give control of the TV over to the wife since the Masters is done for the day.

• I like it 1

Knob Creek SB w/one cube.

tasting pretty darn good this evening. 

(Also, quite literally, the best thing at the hotel bar.  Apparently arrived today on the truck. )

5DA7A146-321D-4864-9A01-6BB3F3CF7F25.jpeg

OGD BIB with a cube.  For reasons I cannot identify or explain, I’m liking the BIB over the 114 these past few months.  

The EC12 was very Oak forward, the Binny’s pick much sweeter. Blend was good as well. Initially the Binny’s pick was the clear winner. But the blend caught up in the end. EC12 definitely a distant third. So much for Age = quality. 

13 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Going for a pour of WT RB tonight. Been a long week. 

How about a long week of going for a pour of WTRB then? :) 

OF Statesman. Didn't quite hit the high notes as the first few pours from the bottle, but I'm just easing back after a couple of dry weeks because of allergies.

Had a few nips of SAOS Single Barrel 13 year (Dickel) and didn’t really dig it. Went to HMcK BiB and finished off with WT101

On 4/5/2019 at 11:19 PM, LCWoody said:

I'm going to say batch 14 is the best tonight. I think 18 might push it out of 1st place once it has some air time. Both are very good.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, Kepler said:

Nice lineup, and thanks for sharing the results.  I've been wondering about batch 18, so far I haven't seen it yet though. I have most of the recent batches but not all (there's too many of them).  I'm not sure if I have 14, I'll have to check my bunker.  

Couldn't find a batch 14 in my bunker, so went ahead and picked one up, partly based on your results.  Also found the new #18 so grabbed it as well.  Itching for my self imposed hiatus to end so I can try one of these out!

• I like it 2

30 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I think I'm going to regret not bunkering a few of these. 

Gotta love it when you come across a great WTKS.  Bunker up!

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I think I'm going to regret not bunkering a few of these. 

20190412_224737.jpg

I had not seen your post and that's what I'm having while watching the Blues gonup 2-0. Not a PS version like yours but this one is really good tonight. 

20190412_220406-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

EC12 definitely a distant third. So much for Age = quality. 

Again, take hand-picked barrels every time over mass batches!

7 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

OGD BIB with a cube.  For reasons I cannot identify or explain, I’m liking the BIB over the 114 these past few months.  

It’s because it tastes better. 

Weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow so I got all my yard work done today.  Spent about 4 hrs clearing brush and cutting fallen limbs with a chain saw.  Back is really talking to me tonight. Took some Aleve but thought a little Willet Pot Still would help.  self medicating is a good thing sometimes. 

949E8470-4A2B-4A1F-A8D7-30C4F56AD427.jpeg

• I like it 2

From what I've read so far, the 100 proof VOB hasn't suffered since going from BIB to 'crafted'. So I dont feel the need to ration what I have left. However I do like knowing exactly what's going in the bottle with BIB

20190413_221255.jpg

• I like it 2

Some Stagg Jr. Batch 10 126.4 since we grabbed a couple spares today. Man this is a great batch. Its GTS good but a slightly different profile. More like barrel proof ER.

• I like it 1

BT PS, followed up with W12. Small pours, so I have room for another.  Haven't decided what it will be. 

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.