What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

More BT for me, tonight.  And, you filthy animals stay away from my stash...  :D

I might be a little late getting to Bardstown for the Sampler in a couple of weeks. For some strange reason my GPS has me traveling from northern Illinois to KY via Georgia.......... 

• I like it 1

Oh boy, oh boy, oh  boy!

I got a honey barrel!

True honey barrels are so rare,  so when I find one I gotta share the joy..  Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit,  pick  by the mighty Pennsylvania state store system,  Barrel #480 from warehouse M, rick 5.   

The vanilla!  The leather!  The balance!   The perfect burn!

This just might be the best WT I've ever had.   This is bourbon the way God intended it.    Blissing out now to some free jazz and lovin' the life.   

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 6

More BT for me, tonight.  And, you filthy animals stay away from my stash...  [emoji3]

You started it

7 minutes ago, hollywood said:

There went the tax return! Lol! ;) 

Tax return?  Why would I want any government holding my money for a year before giving it back to me?  I would buy a bottle of this every month to prevent that from happening. 

That being said, I was able to purchase this bottle at a good price, and I should have purchased both that were shown to me. 

8 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Tax return?  Why would I want any government holding my money for a year before giving it back to me?  I would buy a bottle of this every month to prevent that from happening. 

That being said, I was able to purchase this bottle at a good price, and I should have purchased both that were shown to me. 

Ummm... just a joke.. :ie as in some people actually do splurge on an expensive item or something they’ve been wanting.. kudos that isn’t necessary for you with the EC18..

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Celebrating the start of the Cup playoffs with some WT101

Let's go Blues! I'm celebrating with a St. Louis pick.

20190410_193110-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That barrell is absolutely fantastic. 

48 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Celebrating the start of the Cup playoffs with some WT101

20190410_193357.jpg

I’m right there with ya. Enjoying some OGD114 while waiting on my Preds game to get started.

image.jpg

• I like it 2

On 4/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, smokinjoe said:

BT in my glass this gorgeous evening, here, Down South.  Take my bunker, offer me nothing but Buffalo Trace at the store, give me no expectation for any other whiskey to ever cross my lips...and I’ll be a very, very, happy and content man.  

But the Stagg..........

• I like it 1

Started the evening with the last pour of 2018 EHT Four Grain. This bottle never impressed me. Was just a good solid bottle of bourbon, nothing special. After that, I decided to go with an old favorite. Four Roses Small Batch. Can't wait to see what the newest addition to the lineup is like in a few weeks when we are back home.

It’s been a WT101 all week. Really happy with this GJ bottle. Just picked up a HC, so curious if it’ll be any different. 

May crack open a Kentucky Spirit this week since the Turkey is hitting home so we’ll lately. 

There's little on Earth that will annoy someone more than a flight or two in one of Delta's knee to chin seating position cattle car jets. That company is not a friend to all. However, they do serve Woodford Reserve on their flights and even at $9 for a 50ml nip it can calm the stressful atmosphere for about an hour or so. They're still going to need to sell a bigger bottle in flight.

• I like it 2

46673812835_a5f70bae62_c.jpg

I keep “liking” all of your picture posts, regardless of what your drinking, just because the pictures are so damn good!
  • I like it 2

Ahhhh.  Tomorrow is Friday!  A bit of Jos. Magnus in the glass out on the front porch, while thinking how I’ll finish this week up, tomorrow.  

0288D9ED-F9A7-45D9-8910-9A3F1EFF5A33.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 4/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, Clueby said:

On 4/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, JCwhammie said:

That barrell is absolutely fantastic. 

Yeah yeah. 

Quit rubbing it in...

51 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Yeah yeah. 

Quit rubbing it in...

Hey you had some of that barrel! :P

5 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Following up the Caps win with a small pour of Bowman Port finish.
IMG_2559.jpg

How do you like that one? I keep passing it up in the $37 range. Not a fan of AE but I do like 1792 PF. Also a fan of MWND.

42 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Hey you had some of that barrel! :P

Yeah, 3/4 oz at the tasting bar. 

I shouldda bought one of those!

whodathunkit?

How do you like that one? I keep passing it up in the $37 range. Not a fan of AE but I do like 1792 PF. Also a fan of MWND.

I like it. It won’t be something I keep on hand regularly but would buy again.

On 4/6/2019 at 7:23 PM, JCwhammie said:

ECBP 517, B518, and A118 side by side while enjoying the beautiful weather. 

20190406_192117.jpg

At first glance I was like "damn, someone else did the same thing!" then I saw it was you... ? Also, I am sure it's just a typo, but the bottle I brought over was A119.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.