What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

When did this come out?  I bought the first 82? proof version and was greatly under-whelmed, esp considering the price.  Then ET BIB restored my interest in other-than-Old Forester bourbon from B-F (big fan of most Old Forester).

First time I’ve seen it on the shelf was this week.  Grabbed it in Louisiana.  It’s def nothing like the previous version.  This one apparently uses a grooved barrel as well as being higher proof.   

Edited by Obeezy1Kaneezy

7 minutes ago, pyro273 said:

The wife brought this one home.  Don't think I would have even looked at this given the name......when I first tried it I didn't think it was all that bad for a low proof rye but now I'm not so sure.  Might be one for the cocktail shelf.

20190406_174104.jpg

Love the band, just wish they would have picked a better bottle to put their mark on. 

ECBP 517, B518, and A118 side by side while enjoying the beautiful weather. 

20190406_192117.jpg

• I like it 4

49b2e4af6625a5e6a711c6eb84622e90.jpg

Special day tomorrow calls for special drink tonight! Sister’s wedding tomorrow [emoji1362][emoji1362]

• I like it 4

7 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

First pour of the evening before I root for the Red Raiders vs. Michigan St.
IMG_1109.jpg

OFBB pairs nicely with alot of things! ;) 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

ECBP 517, B518, and A118 side by side while enjoying the beautiful weather

What's your take on these? I recently did a blind sbs of batch 12, B517, and B518. For me, batch 12 was the standout, but B518 wasn't too far behind. B517 was way behind the others, which didn't surprise me as I have never enjoyed my bottle of this batch.

Started with JTS BIB. Then opened a Binny’s pick Joseph Magnus. And currently really regretting the Noah’s Mill. I remember when this used to be so good. I’ll need to finish with something to get the taste out of my mouth. Thinking John J Bowman.

Had to record the UVA game and watch delayed. Blanton’s for the first half and. ECBP A119 for the second. Go Hoos. Pulled out the win.
IMG_2553.jpg
IMG_2554.jpg

• I like it 2

Went to a friends for dinner and to watch the games.  Only thing they had was OF 86 proof.  Hey, it was bourbon and it was free.

2 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Went to a friends for dinner and to watch the games.  Only thing they had was OF 86 proof.  Hey, it was bourbon and it was free.

Not so bad! Could have been some Ten High or Club 400! :) ... then being free would’t have mattered..

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Geeze.  Let us know what your expectations are for the free gazebo table in a couple weeks so we can get a good review...

W12 to open up with. It is so tasty, I might just stay on this ride. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Next time take a bottle with you, ya cheapskate. ;)

• I like it 1

OMG.. This One Man and a Rake is BS! Spent another day in the yard reinventing the wheel after some major t-storms rolled through last night spoiling my previous efforts! I have some large old oaks that don’t do me any favors... Time for some refreshment! Enjoying some VOB90 and it’s trusty ginger ale partner! Time to chill! :) 

8117A444-BB70-4FBD-92C4-6E8F0388B700.jpeg

• I like it 1

After seeing the Nats almost blow a 12-1 lead I wanted something I could taste so I’m digging into some spice to calm my nerves - WT101.

• I like it 1

EW BiB on the golf course. MM in the clubhouse with dinner and now JTS BiB at home. The EW was the clear winner.

6 hours ago, hollywood said:

I have some large old oaks that don’t do me any favors... Time for some refreshment! Enjoying some VOB90 and it’s trusty ginger ale partner! Time to chill! :) 

Thank yer lucky stars those trees aren't Shagbark Hickory!   :o    Enjoyed that VOB 90, I bet, though..... :P

31 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Thank yer lucky stars those trees aren't Shagbark Hickory!   :o    Enjoyed that VOB 90, I bet, though..... :P

Yes.. none are worse then Sweet Gum though! Those gumballs are murder! :) 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.