What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went with another nice bottle from The House of BT:  CEHT SmB. 

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Syntax
  • I like it 1

Had a MM PS last night winding down after my daughter’s second birthday party.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

From what I've read so far, the 100 proof VOB hasn't suffered since going from BIB to 'crafted'. So I dont feel the need to ration what I have left. However I do like knowing exactly what's going in the bottle with BIB

20190413_221255.jpg

Good to know.  I am going to pick up a bottle of the "crafted" 100 and do a side by side also.

50 minutes ago, Carnagusfarnbuckler said:

Good to know.  I am going to pick up a bottle of the "crafted" 100 and do a side by side also.

They should have maintained it as a BiB. Nice to hear that the profile hasn’t hit the dumper but the fact that a distillery of that size well into the “new market” cant at least do BiB, well ya gotta draw a line somewhere and mine is drawn. I won’t be a buyer, more for every one else. Cheers.

On a Nola weekend with a group, covering some of the tourist basics. Had Sazeracs at the Roosevelt earlier. Vieux Carres at Menteleone now. Had some VWFRR at Emeril’s last night. Big fun 

• I like it 3

Jos A Magnus.  This may be a sacrilege on this forum, but I put a good pour down the middle of an ice cold glass of Great Lakes Conway's Irish ale brew and I'm lovin it...

What a weekend of golf.  Haven't seen a weekend that good in quite a while and a pretty amazing comeback for Tiger.

46694755075_cd27f444bc_c.jpg

• I like it 4

24 minutes ago, JMFH said:

What a weekend of golf.  Haven't seen a weekend that good in quite a while and a pretty amazing comeback for Tiger.

46694755075_cd27f444bc_c.jpg

I presume they have a bar in the clubhouse at Augusta.  It would not surprise me if this photo was on the wall in due course.  Pun intended...

Edited by El Vino

Working on this really outstanding example of Dickel.  Trying to convince myself that I don’t taste vitamins.  I figure if I can do that, I can cure my yips.  Here’s hoping... 

E8A31451-B7F9-45E6-A516-61E9BC0C015B.jpeg

• I like it 1

Nothing exotic today but I enjoyed a nice Sunday lenten exemption pour of VOB BIB on the rocks.

Nothing today; but had several nice pours of Elmer T. Lee (Commerative from '13) yesterday.   Not my all time fave bottle of ETL; but, a nicely nuanced pour nonetheless.

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Working on this really outstanding example of Dickel.  Trying to convince myself that I don’t taste vitamins.  I figure if I can do that, I can cure my yips.  Here’s hoping... 

E8A31451-B7F9-45E6-A516-61E9BC0C015B.jpeg

I couldn’t get past it. Corked it and will let it sit a while. Opened a Blantons today instead. 

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

I couldn’t get past it. Corked it and will let it sit a while. Opened a Blantons today instead. 

I just can't get past the vitamin note in any Dickel. I can tell there is quality there but my mind just fixates on it.

Breaking open the Rossville Union Rye I posted in the purchase thread. I'm really on a rye kick lately, which is a new thing for me in the last 6 months. Maybe I need to post a confession....

E82B490E-D3D7-4E00-A657-BA195658F392.jpeg

BT again. Yet another ps bottling. This one might not be quite as good as the last couple I’ve had, but like they say, “I ain’t gonna kick ‘er outta bed for eating crackers.” :lol:

Biba! Joe

Winter is gone and with it, the disappearance of these fine products....

20190415_173052.jpg.711980d9791a9b875bc126c1d16291ed.jpg

There are leftover pours of, JMag, EC, ECBP, BT W107 & a couple of non- memorables

The springtime opening has been this very formidable replacement bunch, with the Yellowstone's debut 2nite...

20190415_172632.thumb.jpg.61ab3387198c4dffaaf1e99775871756.jpg

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Winter is gone and with it, the disappearance of these fine products....

20190415_173052.jpg.711980d9791a9b875bc126c1d16291ed.jpg

There are leftover pours of, JMag, EC, ECBP, BT W107 & a couple of non- memorables

The springtime opening has been this very formidable replacement bunch, with the Yellowstone's debut 2nite...

20190415_172632.thumb.jpg.61ab3387198c4dffaaf1e99775871756.jpg

Keep the line movin’!  :D

• I like it 1

On 4/6/2019 at 7:23 AM, JMFH said:

Thanks!  Just using my cell phone camera and a few quick adjustments.  Photography is a hobby of mine though, so getting to combine that with some nice bourbon doesn't hurt.

You are clearly too modest. Wonderfully staged photos, brilliant colors. You must be in marketing. Ha! Carry on.

Pat

• I like it 1

Tried this today. 

Pretty solid and on the right track, but not quite buy a bottle worthy for me yet. 

Maybe in a few years. 

C58BE9F6-7A64-40ED-A655-AECC4D4112CA.jpeg

20 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Enjoyed this last night:

ER.thumb.png.e903ff4d1547b0b9b7425a210c2f8fa4.png

Nice,  Welcome!  I saw your posts on FOH where you picked up several of these!  I used to be very into cigars, but now just lurk from time to time. as I do not really smoke all that often anymore.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.