What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A glass of FR 130 while finishing up Stranger Things season 3. What a great show. 

Watching Donnie Brasco and sippin' on HH6yr 90 proof. Everytime I drink this I question why I didnt stop and grab a few handles when I drove through Paducah in late May. 

5 minutes ago, dad-proof said:

ET BIB on ice. Man, I'm glad this is now available in Atlanta.

Ice?  :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Monday, Monday..... <_<  Long day at work. That being said, I’m having a pour or three of regular old BT this afternoon/evening.

For whatever reason, BT has just been killing it for me lately. Be it a ps, or regular BT, all have been wonderful.      Even when I’ve been ‘off’ and some of my other go to bourbons haven’t hit the mark because of that fact,  BT has been there to pick up the slack and carry the load. Darned glad I have a few in the bunker. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Ok, so as someone who usually drinks neat, I feel you.  This pour in particular is just fantastic with a good quality cube. 

• I like it 1

Some nights you know exactly what you want! 

FD3ABD32-50B4-408C-A2C8-26821B6A1017.jpeg

Edited by 0895
The glass isn’t dirty, I’ve already taken a few sips.
  • I like it 6

Told myself I wanted to try many more Ryes so a little SBS tonight. As good as the WT is the Michters has it beat by a mile. 

BE4077AF-5563-4336-AA1A-B06D1D090B40.jpeg

• I like it 2

Four Roses OESV, 9yr 9m, 113.4pf. First pour out of a fresh bottle which is always a bit hot, but this is a lovely spice cake. It's gonna be awesome when it opens up a bit.

insta_29.jpg

• I like it 3

On 7/7/2019 at 6:13 AM, Richnimrod said:

BUMMER!   Bad tire is only thing that comes to mind.

Ooooops....

OK, I just saw your later comment Steve.

Figured it out upon removing the tire - it was an area of too thin rubber resulting in the tire casing bulging. I wish I could blame it on the tire manufacturing but the thin rubber was a case of me locking up the rear tire and leaving too much rubber on the pavement. We have a rabbit issue here and I remember one running across the bike trail in front of me causing me to lock em up. That was a while ago so it took some time for the rubber to wear away to the point to cause this to happen.

On topic - drinking some EC store pick for my local - 9 years old. Prolly gonna follow with ECBP. All while watching the Tour of course.

• I like it 2

On 7/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, dad-proof said:

It recently became available in Texas too.  The bottle I bought didn't last long.  Good bourbon and excellent value, in my opinion.

Edited by NDN98
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, NDN98 said:

It recently became available in Texas too.  The bottle I bought didn't last long.  Good bourbon and excellent value, in my opinion.

Saw it is in Illinois now as well (or I just did not notice earlier)  $19.99 for a liter?  Will be adding one shortly.  Looking forward to it.

• I like it 1

Handle of Eagle Rare.  My new favorite go to.  Passed on this last week at $56 at Bevmo.  Then got a $10 off coupon in the mail and... I'm sooo weak...

eagle rare.jpg

• I like it 6

Four Roses OESV, 9yr 9m, 113.4pf. First pour out of a fresh bottle which is always a bit hot, but this is a lovely spice cake. It's gonna be awesome when it opens up a bit.
insta_29.thumb.jpg.bed2d5d4f88b07681213f88ba9d41c9f.jpg

I love that glass!
  • I like it 2

One of my Top 5.  Opened this up after a prolonged stay in the cabinet and the nose just rushed out and blasted me with an onslaught of caramelly candy shop and  rickhouse on a hot Summer day.  Great caramel, brown sugar, and dark fruits.  Huge mouthfeel and thick viscosity.  I betcha HH has the stocks to do another release of this.  If they do, my wallet will get drained.  

1462C302-76C8-4FA2-B27B-BB93CEFB742C.jpeg

• I like it 7

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

I love that glass!

Yeah! I got a set of them at a thrift store for a few bucks. Bonus points: they get clean in the dishwasher, unlike some of the other fancier whiskey glasses I have.

After 4 rounds of SBS tasting the 9c went 0-4 for dead last place. Will post more about that in the 4R thread. Now doing a sample vs my two “control” bottles to see if I can make a guess whether it’s a B or an E mash.  You know, for science.

51447E18-7F51-45A5-B3B4-B76A850C94BE.jpeg

• I like it 3

Can this really be called bourbon? Dunno, it's pretty good (to me).IMG_20190709_202207122.thumb.jpg.79709f1a819aff51d48a96cba35996bc.jpg

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, jwperry said:

Can this really be called bourbon? Dunno, it's pretty good (to me).IMG_20190709_202207122.thumb.jpg.79709f1a819aff51d48a96cba35996bc.jpg

Why not as long as it's at least 51 % corn, etc...

• I like it 1

Why not as long as it's at least 51 % corn, etc...
It tastes like toasted marshmallow, which is so unique in the whiskey I've tried. Looking at the label, it is a KSBW, so I guess it is? Tastes like a camping dessert...I love it.

It tastes like toasted marshmallow, which is so unique in the whiskey I've tried. Looking at the label, it is a KSBW, so I guess it is? Tastes like a camping dessert...I love it.

Oh I wouldn’t mind trying that, I’ll be on the look out.
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.