Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I predict your plan will fail, my friend...  ??

Sorry JC, but this Joe agrees with the other one. :huh:

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I predict your plan will fail, my friend...  ??

13 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sorry JC, but this Joe agrees with the other one. :huh:

Dang it, Joes!! I need some support here! 

If i do crack it'll be buying a KC12.

7 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm going to pile on here and tell you to not hesitate in buying that KC12. It's a stellar bourbon.

• I like it 4

29 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

21 minutes ago, flahute said:

I'm going to pile on here and tell you to not hesitate in buying that KC12. It's a stellar bourbon.

Shhhhhhh. He’s getting closer. :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Shhhhhhh. He’s getting closer. :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

Hahahahaha! Love it Joe!

• I like it 2

Okay, it's Sunday. I am still working, as I have a Board meeting later this week. That's why I am putting the finishing touch to a WT Traditions bottle. Ha!

Pat

WT Tradition.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Okay, it's Sunday. I am still working, as I have a Board meeting later this week. That's why I am putting the finishing touch to a WT Traditions bottle. Ha!

Pat

Keep ‘em coming Pat. Keep ‘em coming. I actually look forward to seeing what you finish next. BTW, I don’t have my empty bottle of WT Tradition, but I did keep the wooden box it came in. ?

Biba! Joe

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Keep ‘em coming Pat. Keep ‘em coming. I actually look forward to seeing what you finish next. BTW, I don’t have my empty bottle of WT Tradition, but I did keep the wooden box it came in. ?

Biba! Joe

Thanks Joe. Ya know, I kept the box for a long while, but the missus made me get rid of it and a bunch of tubes (from scotch, CEHT, and the like) for some reason ?

Pat

3 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Thanks Joe. Ya know, I kept the box for a long while, but the missus made me get rid of it and a bunch of tubes (from scotch, CEHT, and the like) for some reason ?

Pat

We might be related Pat. :lol: My wife gives me a hard time about all the bourbon "stuff" I have too. ? I reckon pretty soon I'm gonna have to get everything together (again) and reorganize the section of my basement where I have most of my bourbon stuff and empties. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Finally knocked out my giant 1.75ml Willett Pot Still tonight.  Wife is happy to see it gone from the dining room.

Full disclosure, 375ml of it went to a buddy who loves it way more than me.

966343EB-F056-4C4B-913B-CDEBF62D8EEB.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Finally knocked out my giant 1.75ml Willett Pot Still tonight.  Wife is happy to see it gone from the dining room.

Dedication!

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

aka iron liver

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

1 hour ago, mal00768 said:

aka iron liver

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Dedication!

BONG!  ? ?  ?

Biba! Joe

I took a couple of empties downstairs to join their brethren. I decided to take some time to clean up and organize the mess a little. Since I did an impromptu inventory of my bunker yesterday, I took a quick inventory of my empties this evening. FWIW, I did have some help from a few folks in amassing my empties. Drum roll please......... I have a total of 157 empties. The tentative plan is to make, glasses, candles, and maybe a lght or two sometime in the future. C’mon retirement. ?

Biba! Joe

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I took a couple of empties downstairs to join their brethren. I decided to take some time to clean up and organize the mess a little. Since I did an impromptu inventory of my bunker yesterday, I took a quick inventory of my empties this evening. FWIW, I did have some help from a few folks in amassing my empties. Drum roll please......... I have a total of 157 empties. The tentative plan is to make, glasses, candles, and maybe a lght or two sometime in the future. C’mon retirement. ?

Biba! Joe

157 empties?! Dang, Joe. 

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

157 empties?! Dang, Joe. 

Is that just from COVID quarantine?? ?

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Joe,

I need to hook you up with a local guy who has started a company making candles with empty bourbon bottles.  Here's a link to his web site: Bourbon Candle Company (Mods if this is inappropriate, please remove).  A bunch of us local bourbon drinkers save our empties for him and he recycles them into candles.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, JCwhammie said:

What Steve et al said - Last week while replenishing my OGD BIB, I picked up a KC 12 to replace a recent empty.  Wife looked askance with that "Don't you have enough bourbon?" look.  Got home and opened it and gave her a taste.  "Ahh.  I understand.  I'm surprised you didn't buy more.  NEXT time . . ." 

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

What Steve et al said - Last week while replenishing my OGD BIB, I picked up a KC 12 to replace a recent empty.  Wife looked askance with that "Don't you have enough bourbon?" look.  Got home and opened it and gave her a taste.  "Ahh.  I understand.  I'm surprised you didn't buy more.  NEXT time . . ." 

KC12 quickly became one of my favorite reasily available pours. Your glowing posts about it help give me the kick in the tail to buy my first bottle over the summer. 

On 11/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I made this light that hangs over our kitchen sink out of an empty JB Black Label, has an edison lamp inside. Etching and separating the bottom is a roll of the dice when using the hand tool, then using hot and cold water. 

Bourbon Light.jpg

• I like it 2

On 11/10/2020 at 7:29 AM, TehRegion219 said:

Is that just from COVID quarantine?? ?

No. Been saving them for a while now. I’ve also had some help from  four other folks. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I killed off a weller 107 earlier. Didnt snag a pic. The last 1/3 of the bottle was a whole lot better than the first. I have several opened bottles, i would like to get rid of 1 or 2 before buying very many more.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:33 AM, Harry in WashDC said:

On 11/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, JCwhammie said:

KC12 quickly became one of my favorite reasily available pours. Your glowing posts about it help give me the kick in the tail to buy my first bottle over the summer. 

This convinces me I really need to open my KC12 soon!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.