What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My son, who is my oldest, turned 5 yesterday. He had a Star Wars themed birthday so I capped it off with this while watching episode 4.

813EBFFE-72BA-49D4-BC88-E12E96808B54.jpeg

• I like it 12

Wow no one's been dirinking bourbon since Wednesday?  Well now it's Friday,  and it's quite the pleasure to shut down the darn computer and head out to a bar, er, no, the government says those are kaput,  just a bunker full of dozens of fine whiskeys.  

Thank the stars.   

Tonight I'm sipping a superb single barrel Bulleit Bourbon from Boulevard Liquors in Marmora, New Jersey, just over the bridge from the dry expanses of Ocean City.  I believe this is the first single barrel program offering they've ever had, and it's a corker.

The unconfirmed skinny on Bulleit's single barrel program is that it is well-aged Four Roses juice.   Sipping it side by side wth a similarly-proofed FR Small Batch Select,  I believe it; the similarities are unmistakable.  But the Bulleit single barrel has punched-up vanilla and that's right in my wheelhouse for the best in weekend  sippin'.   The age seems to also stand out as compared with the Simall Batch Select,  although I also dig the small batch for its balance.   

Is it as good as a Four Roses single barrel store pick?  I have no idea,  I haven't been lucky to stumble on one of those for a while.   But  I prefer it to the Small Batch Select .   Those of you who frequent the Jersey shore ought to check out this barrel.    They've got a whole bunch of bottles to sell,  and I'll do my part with a second purchase.   

• I like it 2

Booker's.  

I've said before and I'll say it again. When I'm in the mood for Booker's nothing else will do.

• I like it 5

Opened up with a local PS of 4R. It is good, a little sweet, with a huge spice bomb. Onto RRSiB PS. A Lawrenceburg night once again. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, ABVT said:

Booker's Country Ham - always amazed by what is coming out today and, will continue to come out in the future! 

Just finished my bottle. I liked this alot. Now on to beaten biscuits!

After getting a positive COVID test result on Wednesday, I’ll be drinking vicariously through you guys for the next several days. I can’t smell or taste very much at all. Having said that, perhaps now is the ideal time for me to choke down the rest of that TX Bourbon I bought a few years ago and have refused to go back to. ?

• I like it 7

13 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

After getting a positive COVID test result on Wednesday, I’ll be drinking vicariously through you guys for the next several days. I can’t smell or taste very much at all. Having said that, perhaps now is the ideal time for me to choke down the rest of that TX Bourbon I bought a few years ago and have refused to go back to. ?

Sorry to hear man. Hope you get over it soon.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

Best wishes for a quick recovery. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

Best wishes.

Look at it like a good time to do a mini cleanse. :)

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, DeepCover said:

Sorry.  I just got over mine a few weeks ago.  I won't pretend to know your situation nor will I pry, but I struggled with fatigue for a while.  Don't be too proud to ask for help if needed.  I wish I had listened to that.  

• I like it 1

Sipping a newly purchased WT Longbranch out by the fire.  Solid Turkey whiskey that seems a touch sweeter than the standard WT bottling.  I don’t get any real discernible smokiness, and certainly nothing mesquite about it, but honestly the mesquite thing missing is probably welcome.  All in all, enjoyable.  Not crazy about the mid-$30s price, which means I won’t be running out to get another bottle when this is done, but if I can get on sale at $30 or less, I can see occasional repeats for me out there.   

4 hours ago, DeepCover said:

Best wishes, friend.  I hope all is well and you will recover quickly!  

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Best wishes, friend.  I hope all is well and you will recover quickly!  

Ditto. 

Joe

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, DeepCover said:

Good luck to you! I started symptoms last weekend and had my positive test on Tuesday.  Mrs. Clueby is positive as well but experiencing less symptoms. For me it's mostly terrible fever and headaches every night and just the overall aches and tiredness. I can't smell or taste a damn thing either.   I got excited when I got the slightest hint of flavor from Nyquil!  Here's to a quick recovery for you and hopes that no one else gets this nasty virus. 

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Sorry.  I just got over mine a few weeks ago.  I won't pretend to know your situation nor will I pry, but I struggled with fatigue for a while.  Don't be too proud to ask for help if needed.  I wish I had listened to that.  

Sorry, to hear this!  I hope all is heading back in the right direction.  

Just now, Clueby said:

Good luck to you! I started symptoms last weekend and had my positive test on Tuesday.  Mrs. Clueby is positive as well but experiencing less symptoms. For me it's mostly terrible fever and headaches every night and just the overall aches and tiredness. I can't smell or taste a damn thing either.   I got excited when I got the slightest hint of flavor from Nyquil!  Here's to a quick recovery for you and hopes that no one else gets this nasty virus. 

Sorry to hear this.  Best wishes @Clueby.  I hope you have a  speedy recovery.  I agree in that I hope no one else in our community gets this nasty virus.  Please keep us up-to-date on how you are doing.

I am sorry to hear several members of our community have contracted Covid-19.  I know several people who have been affected.  It hasn't been good.

Everyone, please take care of yourselves and your family.  Those who are ill, I wish you a speedy recovery!

• I like it 5

Too many positives in our community! Get well soon everyone. We are all thinking of you!

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.