What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Channeled my inner clueby and “acquired” this today.

I like all 3 batches pretty equally, but 1 has that incredible tobacco aroma that I can’t stop dreaming about.

94ED7C8C-E07D-40A5-A3A8-B9EAF0F99658.jpeg

• I like it 8

Ohio just released a Russell’s Reserve Private Barrel selection.  I couldn’t pass it up, as I love the regular single barrel selections.  I usually abstain on Mondays, but I may have to make an exception and crack it tonight.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, lemonman said:

I would love to know if anyone here has compared the 20-04 to the 20-03! They had a lot of the -04 at the store when I was there last week.

I have a 20-04 open now in the cabinet.  I can't recall the number of the previous batches I had before.  My impression was no real surprise, seemed consistent with other batches of MMCS.  I wouldn't talk you out of it.  

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Channeled my inner clueby and “acquired” this today.

I like all 3 batches pretty equally, but 1 has that incredible tobacco aroma that I can’t stop dreaming about.

94ED7C8C-E07D-40A5-A3A8-B9EAF0F99658.jpeg

I prefer one and three over two, but agree all three of them are awesome!!

• I like it 1

No stores to speak of near me, so when I get to the "big" city, i stock up.  I wonder if the management even read this particular OF SBBS description before putting the sign up. His "advertisement" is not super-flattering. I had to try one though.

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

• I like it 6

11 minutes ago, steven s said:

No stores to speak of near me, so when I get to the "big" city, i stock up.  I wonder if the management even read this particular OF SBBS description before putting the sign up. His "advertisement" is not super-flattering. I had to try one though.

Very nice haul. 👌

I still haven’t seen any OFSB BP’s yet. One store near me did do a ps of OFSB a while back that was great, and I bought a bunch. Hopefully the SB BP will find it’s way here soon. I am interested in it. Please post your thoughts when you have a pour. 😊

Biba! Joe

39 minutes ago, steven s said:

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

WOW - not sure that is a glowing review, but it will still disappear fast.   The couple that I have tried have been awesome.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, steven s said:

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

If that store owner has a used car lot next door, I’m pretty sure I’d be comfortable buying a car from him... 😄

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, steven s said:

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

Wow, don't see a lot of honesty like that in the bourbon world.... I love it, I would have bought a bottle just to say thanks for the truth. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Very nice haul. 👌

I still haven’t seen any OFSB BP’s yet. One store near me did do a ps of OFSB a while back that was great, and I bought a bunch. Hopefully the SB BP will find it’s way here soon. I am interested in it. Please post your thoughts when you have a pour. 😊

Biba! Joe

I have only seen one in Indy and it was on its way out the door in someone else's hand.  

Cheap bastard scored.  I found OF100 for $14.71 per 750 ml.  I picked up a couple.  This was 40% off their normal price.  I also grabbed a store select New Riff Single Barrel for $36.  

• I like it 4

6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Cheap bastard scored.  I found OF100 for $14.71 per 750 ml.  I picked up a couple.  This was 40% off their normal price.  I also grabbed a store select New Riff Single Barrel for $36.  

Every once in a while!  😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Grabbed another EC 9yr SB from a local. It's a good pick that I don't mind buying multiples of at 25.99 +tax. Also took a little side trip out of state and stopped by a package store that had ER for 32.99 OTD so picked one up.

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

As a fellow Cheap bastard,  I approve of this.  That's a great price on the OF and a really good price on the New Riff.

3 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

As a fellow Cheap bastard,  I approve of this.  That's a great price on the OF and a really good price on the New Riff.

We Cheap Bastards need to stick together.  Good bourbon at a good price! 

• I like it 3

My friend has a cousin visiting who is ITB.  Brought some of these, and I picked up a couple at MSRP, no tax.  

F6B02215-A51E-4FCB-A3C9-992B98D1C019.jpeg

• I like it 4

15 hours ago, steven s said:

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

That description is amazing.🤣

side note: nice evil eye!

• I like it 1

Figured I would try this one as it’s interesting to me.  15 years old finished in a Pinot noir barrel dor the last 3 months. 

never had three chord

22DF7DD7-9AFF-4136-A14D-B37052754F8E.jpeg

On 2/23/2021 at 4:05 PM, steven s said:

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

I have no comment on the honesty in the owners description of the OF, just wanted to comment that your overall haul was fantastic! All great bottles and covering broad spectrum from the majors. 

Been too long since I’ve had what may be my absolute favorites. Last batch I had was B520. Hope this batch is good.

FA6D8377-FE2D-434B-BE71-6C780FF75A5C.jpeg

• I like it 1

Was at the store and they actually had some BT in stock, so I grabbed one. It's really pretty silly that it's a big deal that BT is available, when you think about it; if they'd had Weller I might have keeled over.

Just picked up a family sized jug of ECsb. I imagine that I'll be on a HH kick through the weekend. With a BP version open I can see myself mixing a few drinks? Excuse me, I've got to head back to the bar.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.