What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

I cast two votes for the half gallon.

So Face, how many did you buy? 🤗 Two?

FWIW, I’d have bought one, took it home, opened and tasted it to see if I wanted more. If it was good, I’d have gone back for more. And yes, I admit that I screwed up once regarding this. 😤

A couple of years ago, a local store did a BT pick that they had  bottled in handles. I bought one, and into the bunker it went because I had an open 750 of BT at the time. I finally finished the 750 off a few weeks later, and opened the handle. It was one of the better BT’s I’d ever tasted. I went back to the store to buy a couple more, and was given the sad news that they’d sold  their last one the week before. 😡🤬😡🤬🤯 Ain’t gonna let that happen again. I should have known better in the first place though because the store manager that does the picks has a pretty darned good palate. Oh well. Lesson learned. 

Biba! Joe

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

35 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

So Face, how many did you buy? 🤗 Two?

FWIW, I’d have bought one, took it home, opened and tasted it to see if I wanted more. If it was good, I’d have gone back for more. And yes, I admit that I screwed up once regarding this. 😤

A couple of years ago, a local store did a BT pick that they had  bottled in handles. I bought one, and into the bunker it went because I had an open 750 of BT at the time. I finally finished the 750 off a few weeks later, and opened the handle. It was one of the better BT’s I’d ever tasted. I went back to the store to buy a couple more, and was given the sad news that they’d sold  their last one the week before. 😡🤬😡🤬🤯 Ain’t gonna let that happen again. I should have known better in the first place though because the store manager that does the picks has a pretty darned good palate. Oh well. Lesson learned. 

Biba! Joe

Biba! Joe

I bought two but really thought about a six pack. I did the pick with the store and the one we picked had an interesting cocoa touch which is not (for me) in the regular taste profile. It's been about 4 months or more so I probably need to take your advice and revisit now that it's in the bottle. They've got a Blanton's pick up soon and that one I remember,  it was very full and strong vs the standard AND excellent. Hell Joe, I'm really running out of room and the garage is not an ideal place to keep long term storage building up. Oh, those first world issues. :) 

• I like it 3

Worked out of town today and grabbed a KC12yr. Didn't get a good price but I wanted it. It's not been in my town, so sa la vie...

• I like it 1

Five days into the new year, and so far I haven’t purchased anything. 🥶😬😮🤫🤐😷🤬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

58 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

That's because you have everything already, no???   😝

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

That's because you have everything already, no???   😝

Well, ehh, ahh, uhh, umm, hmm........😥

My name is Joe, and I have wiskeyrexia nervosa. 😬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Bought the Woodford Wheater, but not for myself.  It will go into a bourbon gift exchange pool.  

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing today.

Been intentionally staying out of stores, but the internet is strong...

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

10 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing today.

Been intentionally staying out of stores, but the internet is strong...

• I like it 3

My father in law sent me a bottle of KC 15 year for my birthday. I must be doing something right by his daughter. :D

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 7

36 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

My father in law sent me a bottle of KC 15 year for my birthday. I must be doing something right by his daughter. :D

Congrats on the bottle of KC mal. However, don’t assume anything. 🤔

Cheers, enjoy, and Happy Birthday! 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

15 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Congrats on the bottle of KC mal. However, don’t assume anything. 🤔

Okay, this is just funny!!! (and so true)

• I like it 1

I had not been to the store until today.  Grabbed a few extra RR Warehouse B picks and a new KC 9 year SiB panel pick.  Also grabbed another ET Bib.  These arrived recently and  DSPs are still 354 and 414.  I have no idea if this is just leftover stock found in a distributor warehouse, or purchased existing stock of ET now being distributed by BT, or something else. 

• I like it 2

I'm not sure why, but I didn't go home from work the way I would normally. My car seemed to have a mind of its own. :unsure: My route mysteriously took my by a couple of liquor stores. I somehow managed not to stop at either store. Seven days into the new year, and nothing yet.😨

My name is Joe and hc131eguv[q-9eiuhv[q-9h[oadifuhb[odsaifhdv[oijh WTF! 🤯

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm not sure why, but I didn't go home from work the way I would normally. My car seemed to have a mind of its own. :unsure: My route mysteriously took my by a couple of liquor stores. I somehow managed not to stop at either store. Seven days into the new year, and nothing yet.😨

My name is Joe and hc131eguv[q-9eiuhv[q-9h[oadifuhb[odsaifhdv[oijh WTF! 🤯

Biba! Joe

I’m on exactly the same path, no picks since December and no remorse. A major case of bourbon fatigue. 

• I like it 1

I had to take an unplanned trip to the Jersey shore today,  and I'm sure glad I did.    I'm sipping as good a whiskey as I've ever raised to my lips,   Woodford Reserve Very Fine Rare bourbon.   Found it at a Canal's in Pleasantville,  and I just couldn't risk the allure of my all-time favorite mashbill aged to the tune of between 11 - 17 years,  and presented at a near-perfect proof for digging a starry sky.  

My goodness it was expensive,  certainly for 90.4 proof.   But it is the balanced,  complex and old-school-classic flavor bomb of the year.    So what if it's not barrel proof,  I don't care.  It's the Johnny Walker Blue of bourbons.   

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 2

Wandered over to Woodman's and found Ezra Brooks Distillers Collection...a 107 proofer at ~5 years, Woodman's barrel selection. $30.99. I had had some at a bourbon-rich bar a few months ago at an outdoor gig (the bar has since, sadly, been completely destroyed in a fire! 😢) and liked it, so I grabbed a bottle. I figured this Luxco juice got its start at HH, and my palate seems to confirm. :)

• I like it 2

Yesterday I happened to be grocery shopping and picked up some OGD bonded.

I haven't had any for a while, plan to visit tonight.  I had to get stocked up with supplies for the football playoffs Sat. & Sun. too. 🏈

• I like it 1

Picked up a Noahs Mill the other day.  Had some at a friends house over the holidays.  It's going to be a regular on the shelf and bunkered now.  

• I like it 1

First purchase of the New Year yesterday; a 1.75L Knob Creek and a JB Bonded. A vatting of JBB and KC is one of my favorites when I want something lighter than KC but still in the Beam wheelhouse.

Grabbed it but won’t be staying around as a friend wanted it... Anybody have thoughts on it???

FEA75922-399F-4FD0-96B5-10BA09464E2D.jpeg

• I like it 1

57 minutes ago, jnewberg said:

Grabbed it but won’t be staying around as a friend wanted it... Anybody have thoughts on it???

I read online that it’s very fine and rare.

😁

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, jnewberg said:

Strange look'n bottle

2 hours ago, jnewberg said:

I’ve heard fairly positive feedback on it overall. I’m usually pretty skeptical of the WRMC series but I’d probably grab one if I saw it at this point

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Strange look'n bottle

Picture does make it look a little odd... Don’t think the neck and top are that large but it is a different shape than a lot of bottles... I didn’t hate how it looked in person 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.