What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

I didnt stop a couple months ago when i was there. I may have to ride over one morning and eat lunch at mammys. What does a man have to do to get into the gift shop?

Wear a mask.  A couple months ago they were handing out tickets at 8:00 am to get WHH, EC Toasted Barrell, EC18, etc. for an 11:00 opening.  So if they had EC18 on the shelf things have eased up a bit.  I was there around noon and there were only 5 bottles of ECBP C920 left.  Got my two and was on my way.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:03 AM, GaryT said:

Last Friday picked up a couple of Luxco (single barrels?)  Figure both to be around 5 yrs-ish, and 107-113 proof for $35 and $40.  Sherlock's has had some nice picks over the years, so cautiously optimistic (and if not great, at least not breaking the bank).

IMG_20210115_160155.jpg.78fac7cb98a6fe933def72e277e59327.jpg

Bought a couple of L&K bottles of the Ezra Brooks for my friend, Ezra, last Wednesday. for $35 OTD.  We opened one up to try that evening.  Went back yesterday and he bought 2 more 6-packs and I bought another.  It was that good for short money - me really likee!  Not Unicorn greatness but a truly solid pour, IMHO of course.   😊 

"Get some!"  👍

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

Gonna be a cold and possibly snowy weekend in my area. We did some early shopping last night so we can stay in. I grabbed a back up bottle of MM 46 on sale for $25.18.🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I found a bottle of JB DC for $22, and picked up a bottle of MM 101. I bought them because they are supposed to be limited edition and I don't see them everywhere. The DC is nice for the money, I like it better than JB Bonded.

And the MM 101 I think is great, while I like other MM blends, so far this is my favorite.

• I like it 2

23 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

This site is a better salesman than any LS could ever hope to be...

No truer words have ever been spoken...

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I have still not made a 2021 bourbon purchase. 🙅‍♂️

Nope, I’m not gonna say a word. 🤬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

You are not alone— although I did get a gratis bottle of rum today courtesy of a distributor oversight.

• I like it 1

First bourbon purchase of the year.  Maker's Mark SE4 x PR5, ER SP, and a couple of Blanton's for my boss to finish out his topper collection.  I have not tried the MM yet, but should break open this weekend to see how it compares to the previous one.

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, Clueby said:

32 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

You are not alone— although I did get a gratis bottle of rum today courtesy of a distributor oversight.

Well.  All I got to say is... 😉

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Well.  All I got to say is... 😉

OK, here you go.

Being fat-shamed by my watch all day is enough…

IMG_5765.thumb.jpg.3bc0b1ac1deceb49812bdac09ab04e8e.jpg

• I like it 2

Picked up this MM Slam Dunk today.  Hell, I don’t know why... 😐

91BE38E4-01A4-46D2-8EA2-44F1420531E3.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Picked up this MM Slam Dunk today.  Hell, I don’t know why... 😐

91BE38E4-01A4-46D2-8EA2-44F1420531E3.jpeg

Cuz it’s cool lol.

Picked up a handle of EWBIB for my old man, we are running out of handles here in PA, not good.

My wife and I stopped in at a local Meijer today.  While she shopped for a few grocery items, I strolled over to the liquor department.  No expectations just browsing.  While I was there a woman walked up pretty close to me, which a common occurrence for me so I thought nothing of it. 😜 She had a bottle in her hand and was looking intently at the shelf.  She didn't look like she worked at the store so I ask her if she was looking for something thinking maybe I could help her out.  Apparently, she did work there.  She said she found a limited release bottle on the shelf in the back that they had forgot to put on the shelf.  I glanced over a little closer and saw a big W on the bottle.  So I asked her what she had.  It was a bottle of W12.  In my area, I have a better chance of seeing Sasquatch than any Weller product.  I told her I would take it.  She was more than happy to hand it over.  

By the time we sorted this out, apparently several people had started gathering around us.  I heard others ask if she had any more which she didn't.  I got out of there quickly.  If she had brought it out 10 seconds earlier or I had gotten there 10 seconds later, I would have missed out and probably never even known it.  

Resized_20210123_150638.jpeg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 8

Picked up some reasonably priced Russell's Reserve, OGD114, and Old Forester this week.  

10 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

My wife and I stopped in at a local Meijer today.  While she shopped for a few grocery items, I strolled over to the liquor department.  No expectations just browsing.  While I was there a woman walked up pretty close to me, which a common occurrence for me so I thought nothing of it. 😜 She had a bottle in her hand and was looking intently at the shelf.  She didn't look like she worked at the store so I ask her if she was looking for something thinking maybe I could help her out.  Apparently, she did work there.  She said she found a limited release bottle on the shelf in the back that they had forgot to put on the shelf.  I glanced over a little closer and saw a big W on the bottle.  So I asked her what she had.  It was a bottle of W12.  In my area, I have a better chance of seeing Sasquatch than any Weller product.  I told her I would take it.  She was more than happy to hand it over.  

By the time we sorted this out, apparently several people had started gathering around us.  I heard others ask if she had any more which she didn't.  I got out of there quickly.  If she had brought it out 10 seconds earlier or I had gotten there 10 seconds later, I would have missed out and probably never even known it.  

Lots to like in this story.  The good find, the good timing, and the fact that women are always flocking to you!

28 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

So torture us further with how much Meijer charged you for it...... 🤪

43 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

41 minutes ago, Bourbon Boiler said:

Lots to like in this story.  The good find, the good timing, and the fact that women are always flocking to you!

It's usually because they want me to get something off the top shelf. 😀

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.