What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

picked up a MM46 the other day. It is a pour that I will usually default to at a restaurant if they don't have other things I was hoping to try at that moment.

I had been planning my first purchase of the year being OF1920. I havent had a bottle of any OF in well over 2 years (just didn't hit the spot), and I wanted to give it another shot. I then saw NR SiB Rye just hit our market. Im a big fan of the BIB rye, so I had to pull the trigger on this. I still wanted to try an OF, so I went the budget route. 

20210115_124158.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I had been planning my first purchase of the year being OF1920. I havent had a bottle of any OF in well over 2 years (just didn't hit the spot), and I wanted to give it another shot. I then saw NR SiB Rye just hit our market. Im a big fan of the BIB rye, so I had to pull the trigger on this. I still wanted to try an OF, so I went the budget route. 

20210115_124158.jpg

OF 100 is my go to daily drinker.  I was the same way and wasn’t a big OF fan.  I revisited it a few months ago and now like most of their expressions.  

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, SteveoT said:

OF 100 is my go to daily drinker.  I was the same way and wasn’t a big OF fan.  I revisited it a few months ago and now like most of their expressions.  

I'm hoping the same happens for me. In the past I've gotten heavy ethanol from all their stuff. I read some people's reviews/notes, and they talk about how good it is. Once I tried ET BIB a few months ago (and liked it a lot) I decided it was time to give it another chance. 

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm hoping the same happens for me. In the past I've gotten heavy ethanol from all their stuff. I read some people's reviews/notes, and they talk about how good it is. Once I tried ET BIB a few months ago (and liked it a lot) I decided it was time to give it another chance. 

The OF 100 in your photo have been in my wheel house lately.  At some point since the label was changed, quality of whiskey seemed to improve.

previous OF Sig label from a couple years ago 👎

• I like it 1

A few days ago i picked up a 11.99 bottle of old fitz. Really enjoying the bottle, especially the price.

20 hours ago, lemonman said:

Saw Maker's 101 on holiday clearance today for $30 and had to buy one to compare. Didn't crack it yet, though.

Just bought one for fifty today.... so good for you! I'm drinking a pour now and enjoying it.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20210115_124158.jpg

Nice change in plans.  Both are excellent choices.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:29 PM, MM818 said:

I never got my hands on the discontinued 6 year HH and I always wanted to try it. At $50 it didn’t feel great walking out of the store but I wanted this in my bunker. 

21D3E4E6-2A1D-413C-9396-C90CDDCCE853.jpeg

May not have felt great but you got something you wanted and it is a good pour.  Enjoy!

20 hours ago, lemonman said:

Saw Maker's 101 on holiday clearance today for $30 and had to buy one to compare. Didn't crack it yet, though.

That is a great price!  I bought two over the holidays for $33.99 each.  I am a cheap bastard and your price is cheap bastard approved.  It is a great whiskey!

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

What month is this?  🥺

Biba! Joe

It's time for you to finally buy your first bottle of 2021. Do it, Joe. DO IT!!! 

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

That is a great price!  I bought two over the holidays for $33.99 each.  I am a cheap bastard and your price is cheap bastard approved.  It is a great whiskey!

I'm also a cheap bastard, and proud of it! I'm eager to compare it to cask strength and a home blend of MM/MMCS at 101 proof I've had mingling for about a month. Curious to see if the bottled version tastes different than the home proofing; there's been discussions about the matter on the forum for a while now.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, JvW said:

Baby, it’s cold outside...the OF1870 was $37.59 & the HMK10 was $38.49, something to warm you up with. 😜

87884603-F115-45F6-B2D5-C395B011CC71.jpeg

What a great price on both!   Nice!

• I like it 1

Just flew to Austin, TX, picked up a car for my Honey & drove back to the FL Panhandle... I stopped a couple places and called several more. BT products all along the coast are in dire need of stock. I did run into 1 store with regular BT, Weller SR, and Reamus Repeal. I was tempted by Reamus but didn't go for it.

I ended up in Mobile, AL with another KC12; so since I now have a spare, it will be on the menu 2nite...

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, JvW said:

Baby, it’s cold outside...the OF1870 was $37.59 & the HMK10 was $38.49, something to warm you up with. 😜

87884603-F115-45F6-B2D5-C395B011CC71.jpeg

Great pic.  Those bottles ooze warmth.  👍🏻

• I like it 1

Today I bought online a K&L store pick 1792 BiB.  I previously had a Plumpjack W&S PS 1792 BiB and it was really good so I wanted to try K&Ls; their picks are usually very good. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

Today I bought online a K&L store pick 1792 BiB.  I previously had a Plumpjack W&S PS 1792 BiB and it was really good so I wanted to try K&Ls; their picks are usually very good. 

Nice pickup.  I really like the 1792 BiB picks I've had.  A big fan of various other Barton BiB products as well (those who know, know 😉).  I think somehow the Barton juice is just best around 100 proof.  Most (not all, but most I've had) 1792 Full Proofs are unbalanced on the hot side.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nice pickup.  I really like the 1792 BiB picks I've had.  A big fan of various other Barton BiB products as well (those who know, know 😉).  I think somehow the Barton juice is just best around 100 proof.  Most (not all, but most I've had) 1792 Full Proofs are unbalanced on the hot side.

Interesting, I am currently working on a bottle of 1792 Full Proof. It was a SP of a store I like.

I also bought a BIB that is still unopened. I am not a fan of the FP, your comments apply to this bottle, we'll see how the BIB tastes.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, geclbxf said:

What a great price on both!   Nice!

The OF1870 was discontinued to be sold at this merchant & the HMK10 was at MSRP; 3 were on the shelve (Limit 1), therefore 2 others were gonna have a lucky find 👍🏻

18 minutes ago, JvW said:

The OF1870 was discontinued to be sold at this merchant & the HMK10 was at MSRP; 3 were on the shelve (Limit 1), therefore 2 others were gonna have a lucky find 👍🏻

Our MSRP in Ohio moved to $50 on HMK10 - so crazy good price.  Cant find it even at that price - but my enthusiasm has waned since the price increase.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.