What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 minutes ago, Cornfed12 said:

It is an ok pour, have had better and def had worse 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ok so now we have 1 fantastic, 1 awful, and one right down the middle. I guess that's par for the course. 😀

• I like it 1

I earned a nice pour of OF 100.  I took my son to one of his friend's six year birthday party.  It was at this place with a lot of activities: go carts, bumper cars, small scale bowling, miniature golf, arcade.  He's out like a light now. 😁

• I like it 6

EWSiB started the night off right, then night capped with W12, which I’m still currently sipping. Not that I necessarily think they should be compared, but there’s no comparison. The W12 is sooooooo good. Balanced, sweet, oaky, caramel chewy on the mid palate, and that grassy BT note that I can find overwhelming in some ER bottles, but is very pleasant in the right amount (which this has). And a finish I can still taste 3 minutes after the sip!

After having multiples bunkered for the last few years, this is my last bottle of it, and I’m already getting a bit anxious about finding a replacement 😳. Maybe I’m not a zen as I thought 🤷‍♂️.

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

After having multiples bunkered for the last few years, this is my last bottle of it (W12), and I’m already getting a bit anxious about finding a replacement 😳. Maybe I’m not a zen as I thought 🤷‍♂️.

You've got mail!  ☺️

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

It was a long work week. Poked around and came out with OF1920 to start. Moved onto Rare Breed and then finished with ETBiB. Slept well. :)

• I like it 3

Got doused with a May snowstorm this morning, which put a damper on any outdoor plans. It’s mostly melted off now, but still grey and chilly out. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, so I made an exception to my normal habits and added some Smooth Ambler Contradiction and whipped cream to my coffee at around noon. 

It’s hitting the spot as I sit on my porch listening to the birds chirp and watching the clouds pass. Turning out to be a pretty good Saturday!

• I like it 3

Back from the hospital, having some BT before dinner. 

F82F8E72-66DB-45C7-A976-A7DD5A07BFC6.thumb.jpeg.db4bfc34e1b8223666b4a05625818f00.jpeg

• I like it 4

Poor Man’s  Pappy to start the evening

• I like it 2

Enjoying a GW4G out of the fridge with a beautiful pecan sticky bun from Flour Bakery and Cafe (thank you Joanne Chang!) in the South End after dinner.  Wow - what a delicious combintion.  I would have taken a picture, but that sticky bun had two chances coming out of the box - slim and none.   🤣

Might have to go get a couple more tomorrow morning for Mother's Day.  Yeah, that's the ticket!   😉

• I like it 4

An insanely good OF Statesman in the glass right now.  Seriously, I have to really work to not grab this whiskey every time I go to my bar.  

• I like it 7

Some Murray Hill Batch 19 tonight. The higher batches are starting to thin out a little, but still really good. 
C09D020F-87A3-4CCF-A35E-692826E4DE8A.thumb.jpeg.bd3e1c3c5e606ef2cb9446ed20025998.jpeg

• I like it 4

We visited my wife's mom and picked up Thai food on the way.  She never had it before, but loved it.  (We got her mild).  I got "Thai hot".  It was great.  I ended up tasting it for several hours afterward. 😊😅 Now on to JTS Brown.

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Enjoying a GW4G out of the fridge with a beautiful pecan sticky bun from Flour Bakery and Cafe (thank you Joanne Chang!) in the South End after dinner.  Wow - what a delicious combintion.  I would have taken a picture, but that sticky bun had two chances coming out of the box - slim and none.   🤣

Might have to go get a couple more tomorrow morning for Mother's Day.  Yeah, that's the ticket!   😉

Sticky bun.jpg

Heading out now for more.  I'm sooooo weak - but they're NOT for me, honest!   It's MOTHER'S Day, right?   🤣

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Sticky bun.jpg

Heading out now for more.  I'm sooooo weak - but they're NOT for me, honest!   It's MOTHER'S Day, right?   🤣

Oh my. That looks delicious. 

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Oh my. That looks delicious. 

Hope my kids are lurking and want to get my some of those for Father's Day!

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

⚡️🌩⚡🤥🙄

• I like it 2

On 5/5/2021 at 12:04 AM, LvR Mike said:

Not usually a, "finished in xx barrels" guy but I got curious.

And, surprise surprise, I was not a fan of this when I opened it a week ago. It is starting to become a little bit more palatable to me now but I'm struggling to drink enough of it to allow it to fully breathe with more liquid gone.

I feel like wine finished, port finished, sherry finished, etc whisk(e)y's, it smells and taste musty like dirty gym socks. Trying to get over that but this journey sucks man.

AB76FDCA-3484-432A-BFA5-1EABFEBB2B14.jpeg

'Tis an acquired taste.  For some reason, about once a year since it came out, I crave it.  By the time I finish the bottle (over about a month), I'm set for another year.  Hence, I buy them one at a time.

• I like it 2

On 5/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, bayouredd said:

Doing SBS of 50/50  & 60/40- BT/StaggJr to see what I like best for my blend...

and the winner is... Neither

40% Jr took away too much flavor. 50% just wasn't it so I opted for

6 parts BT to 5 parts Jr. gets me 109.2 proof. I believe it to be better than the store pick BT as well as the batch 14 Jr.

I'm not surprised.

I have a bottle of release #3

It is a hot mess,.however, when it's cut with  BT,  it's really good.  I think the ratio is 50/50.   I've also found that ER10 benefits from a tiny splash of Stagg Jr

• I like it 1

Trying some of the Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. Good price, pretty decent drink.

• I like it 1

Been awhile since able to link up with people so this weekend figured I’d crack up some Weller that been saving up to drink with buddies. Ended up doing a nice little flight. We through in a Makers 46 later on to throw in another wheater. I forgot how much I loved the 12 since it’s such a rare occassion these days when I get to try it.

Edited by apt43bear
  • I like it 3

An OWA and J Magnus blend.  An excellent blend while watching the back yard flood.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, PaulO said:

We visited my wife's mom and picked up Thai food on the way.  She never had it before, but loved it.  (We got her mild).  I got "Thai hot".  It was great.  I ended up tasting it for several hours afterward. 😊😅 Now on to JTS Brown.

We have a few very highly rated Thai restaurants close to us (Brownsburg).  I have never had Thai food.  Can you order it in different levels of "hot?"  My wife and I like Panda and even spicy Asian dishes but nothing too spicy.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.