What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Some WFP on a chilly rainy day.  

That probably warmed you up!  Indy was chilly and rainy today.  Mid-40s.  I am warming up with a little Four Roses.

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

We have a few very highly rated Thai restaurants close to us (Brownsburg).  I have never had Thai food.  Can you order it in different levels of "hot?"  My wife and I like Panda and even spicy Asian dishes but nothing too spicy.  

All the Thai places I've visited offer the customer a choice of how much spice.  It usually goes from mild, medium, spicy or hot, to "Thai hot".

A lot of dishes, they let you choose the type of meat or tofu too.

Saturday we visited a new place in Bloomington, near my mother in law's house.  I would definitely go back.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

All the Thai places I've visited offer the customer a choice of how much spice.  It usually goes from mild, medium, spicy or hot, to "Thai hot".

A lot of dishes, they let you choose the type of meat or tofu too.

Saturday we visited a new place in Bloomington, near my mother in law's house.  I would definitely go back.

The majority of places I've been to in the past have a 1-5 hotness scale with 5 being the one that blows your doors off.

• I like it 3

Traveled to see Mom over the weekend and saw my 1st in the wild ETBiB...

Just cracked it and there are a couple of surprises.

Ethanol mostly non-existent

Looked thin, but legs rimmed the glass throughout pour.

Not very complex but classic bourbon flavors with decent finish...

• I like it 5

I  got home from work and started getting things ready to do a couple of chores in the yard. I decided to have a pour of ER while doing this. After I finished  the chores, I then had a small dram of BT. The BT actually tasted slightly better than the ER. 🤔 I just might have to have a pour of Weller SR after tidying up a couple more things. 😊

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I  got home from work and started getting things ready to do a couple of chores in the yard. I decided to have a pour of ER while doing this. After I finished  the chores, I then had a small dram of BT. The BT actually tasted slightly better than the ER. 🤔 I just might have to have a pour of Weller SR after tidying up a couple more things. 😊

Biba! Joe

Looks like a rough evening, hope you can tough it out OK. :)

I didn’t get to the Weller SR last night. But I am having an after work pour of it as I type this. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

After work happy hour at home!  

FC 6 year from the freezer in my glass hitting the spot.  FC (well when it was age stated anyway) is one of the most overlooked lower shelf 100ish proof/BiB bottles from Heaven Hill.

• I like it 5

At msrp, $40+ change OTD.  Siipping whiskey at its' finest!  Too bad it is so hard to find.

0511212005a.jpg

• I like it 9

Some OF 100 while watching the Mets and Orioles game after a long, long day.

• I like it 1

Had another early/long day, so going with another "HHH" (happy hour at home)... WTKS '11 in my glass. 

• I like it 2

More minor chores after work today. Took the garbage out, water sealed some wooden items from a couple of lawn decorations, fertilized and watered the lawn. On the back patio listening to Chris Botti and the birds chirping. My 2021 Weller Blend is in the glass. Not a bad evening. 👌👍😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Opened a Virgin 7 yr 101 after finally calling it a day.  Noticing a huge buttery vanilla cream icing note over the palate.  Just a bit less oak influence than I typically might like, but the sweetness of the whiskey doesn’t become cloying.  Even with a few cubes, it has a very nice body and is not being broken down and overly diluted.  Scrumptious stuff!

AC77E1D0-F040-4C2C-8301-71ED2975BEF7.jpeg

• I like it 4

Had the whole clan over to the house last night for my birthday. 

1588592466_73rdBirthday.thumb.jpg.188b20c79d4b0de50fa87c3c23d9a6ab.jpg

But I did all the cooking on the Weber while drinking from my freezer bottle of FRYL. This was all that was left in the Yeti this morning:

FRYL dead.jpg

First dead soldier of the season.  Its replacement is already cooling her heels in the freezer, ready for duty at a moment's notice.   Don't you just LOVE summer???   🥰

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 14

12 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Had the whole clan over to the house last night for my birthday.  But I did all the cooking on the Weber while drinking from my freezer bottle of FRYL. This was all that was left in the Yeti this morning:

FRYL dead.jpg

First dead soldier of the season.  Its replacement is already cooling her heels in the freezer, ready for duty at a moment's notice.   Don't you just LOVE summer???   🥰

Happy birthday young man!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

But I did all the cooking on the Weber while drinking from my freezer bottle of FRYL. This was all that was left in the Yeti this morning:

FRYL dead.jpg

Happy Birthday Frank!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

FRYL dead.jpg

Happy birthday, Frank! Cheers to you, good sir. 

• I like it 1

Belated Happy Birthday!

• I like it 1

But I did all the cooking on the Weber while drinking from my freezer bottle of FRYL

I know you had a good birthday. Life just doesn't get better than that! 

A nice pour, the grill & a Great Family!!!

• I like it 1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:48 PM, FasterHorses said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c232448f97d5c5bb67f14dd5843a366e.jpeg
been a while

Out of curiosity, if you had to pick, given you had the choices of course....

Do you grab the the twist top 107

or 

Do you grab the cork 107?

I went for the cork 107 when I had to choose, (luckily I had one of each)The twist top is extinct now making the whiskeyz in them more better amirite??

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

FRYL dead.jpg

Happy Birthhday!  That looks like you were having a blast. 

• I like it 1

^^^^^^Happy birthday Frank!  That’s a good looking crew you have there!🎉

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.