What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WTRB b3 again, not a thing wrong with it two nights in a row.

• I like it 1

PXL_20210519_234809918.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.3d9f03f5798facaac1afc3d0e4d46c99.jpgPXL_20210519_234156245.thumb.jpg.9426f171b9a1945cbbe0c3911f2d2586.jpgJust finished a 6 week assignment so winding down with a pour of WT101 8 year (Japanese bottling from ~4 years ago) while enjoying the weather with a bit of hammock time before I help with bedtime routines.

The 8yr is good, but I'm not sure it is much if any better than current domestic WT101. Maybe a bit "thicker" feeling, but maybe a bit more tannic as well.

WT is doing good work these days.

Edited by dad-proof
added pics
  • I like it 4

I've had a good amount of this and I still can't tell if I love it or hate it but I'm going to continue to drink it.

B9D2DA43-4689-46A4-8B51-2719A9BC0A39.jpeg

• I like it 3

You guys tired of me moaning 'bout my last pre-fire EC12.  Don't worry, it'll be done soon, maybe.  I've about 500 ml left.  Going to town on it tonight, great.  Followed with 2019 EC18EC18 more complex, then harsh after, then the florals after glow.  EC12 less complex but very enjoyable up front (from memory of good times?) and then long lingering florals afterglow.  If you offered me a contemporary EC18 and pre-fire EC12, I'm taking the 12.  To put it in context, I still have at least half case pre-fire EC18, 1 or 2 EC21, maybe EC23.   

• I like it 4

Spent the afternoon pressure washing around the pool.  Tomorrow will be more of the same.  W12 tonight.

• I like it 3

Enjoying a Manhattan with my wife.  I love how her glass catches the late sunshine coming through the living room window. 

dj and manhattan.jpg

• I like it 9

Some WSR this afternoon. WSR is very good these days. Way better than a few years ago. 
85AF57E0-B80A-47C8-BD0C-4E8E772453D1.thumb.jpeg.8f68c0d93e2e0c3ebcab887c6890a1e7.jpeg

• I like it 3

Hitting up some EC NAS from a recently purchased bottle.  Not a favorite but a nice bourbon and one that I enjoy.  It is a great representative of the Heaven Hill bourbon family.

Edited by mbroo5880i

48 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Some WSR this afternoon. WSR is very good these days. Way better than a few years ago. 
85AF57E0-B80A-47C8-BD0C-4E8E772453D1.thumb.jpeg.8f68c0d93e2e0c3ebcab887c6890a1e7.jpeg

Be careful, you're going to start playing with Minions toys next.

• I like it 5

For  🦃 Thursday, I'm Enjoying a smallish pour of WTKS PS. This one is chewy. Nicely balanced. Sadly, the only bottle I have. 

Cheers

I first tried a finished bourbon about six years ago,   and that first one is still the best of the breed I've encountered,  even better than Murray Hill  Club.   

I  bunkered one of these,  and am sipping from it tonight and wondering whatever became of it - Hooker's House Bourbon.    Shout bamalama - this is good bourbon,  absolutely balanced and delicious!  And subtle - this is six-year high rye bourbon from a "Bourbon-belt rickhouse"  (WTF?)  that is then finished in pinot noir barrels from Sonoma County.    But the bourbon isn't beaten into submission by the wine barrel.  It's just a kiss of the pinot,  and otherwise a respectable sippin' bourbon of adequate age that was waved over a hot blackberry danish.  

This'll make a fine dusty to keep an eye out for.    

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

I’m having a couple of celebratory pours of a ps Weller FP after getting home from work. It’s a celebration for a few reasons. First and foremost, tomorrow is my 39th wedding anniversary. I have a wonderful wife, and I’m not quite sure how she’s put up with me for so long. 🤔 Secondly, I let my work know my official retirement date. I plan on pulling the plug on September 7th. 🥳 Last but not least, I had a pretty decent week at work for a change. :huh:I will neither confirm nor deny that it may have been because my supervisor was on vacation the last few days. 😜 Cheers!

Biba! Joe

• I like it 15

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a couple of celebratory pours of a ps Weller FP after getting home from work. It’s a celebration for a few reasons. First and foremost, tomorrow is my 39th wedding anniversary. I have a wonderful wife, and I’m not quite sure how she’s put up with me for so long. 🤔 Secondly, I let my work know my official retirement date. I plan on pulling the plug on September 7th. 🥳 Last but not least, I had a pretty decent week at work for a change. :huh:I will neither confirm nor deny that it may have been because my supervisor was on vacation the last few days. 😜 Cheers!

Biba! Joe

Congrats,  fishnbowljoe!   Today is my 40th wedding anniversary!    As the old song says, the water is wide,  and the ask is simple:  "give me a boat that will carry two".

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Congrats,  fishnbowljoe!   Today is my 40th wedding anniversary!    As the old song says, the water is wide,  and the ask is simple:  "give me a boat that will carry two".

Congrats right back at you Jazzhead! We must be doing something right. 😉

Biba! Joe

21 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I think your right.  Couldn’t stand this 4-5 years back but in the last 1-2 years it’s very good for the price.  Figured it was me but no it’s them!

Edited by HoustonNit
  • I like it 1

54 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Last but not least, I had a pretty decent week at work for a change. :huh:I will neither confirm nor deny that it may have been because my supervisor was on vacation the last few days. 😜 Cheers!

Funny how that works and that everything still gets done correctly...

My manager was off this week as well, and I noticed that the stress level around our dept. plummeted and it was actually a pretty decent week overall.

• I like it 1

Saw this WT101 rye today, (sorry wrong forum but it’s barely rye).  TW by me usually has the 1L bottle by me for around $30.  WT101 rye had probably become my favorite daily was excited to try the new bottle even if it’s a 750ML.  Even better noticed on the receipt it’s $16.99.  I think I’ll go back and get a case.  

374C29AE-2F8E-4913-93CD-D662798A04E3.jpeg

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Saw this WT101 rye today, (sorry wrong forum but it’s barely rye).  TW by me usually has the 1L bottle by me for around $30.  WT101 rye had probably become my favorite daily was excited to try the new bottle even if it’s a 750ML.  Even better noticed on the receipt it’s $16.99.  I think I’ll go back and get a case.  

374C29AE-2F8E-4913-93CD-D662798A04E3.jpeg

just checked there site, did WT stop charging a premium on rye?

FA3A2E0B-EBC3-4B49-8C29-7327B34E37B3.png

Finished the pressure washing and celebrating/medicating with GTS.

• I like it 2

Woodford while chillin’ on the front patio with Braves on the radio.  Woodford has really hit another gear with my palate the last couple of bottles.  Thinking about it, every Brown Forman  whiskey is in overdrive and also flipping the NOS switch with my palate right now. 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.