What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 5/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a couple of celebratory pours of a ps Weller FP after getting home from work. It’s a celebration for a few reasons. First and foremost, tomorrow is my 39th wedding anniversary. I have a wonderful wife, and I’m not quite sure how she’s put up with me for so long. 🤔 Secondly, I let my work know my official retirement date. I plan on pulling the plug on September 7th. 🥳 Last but not least, I had a pretty decent week at work for a change. :huh:I will neither confirm nor deny that it may have been because my supervisor was on vacation the last few days. 😜 Cheers!

Biba! Joe

Congrats on all the reasons for celebration!!! Having my own anniversary coming up next week at 38 so understand about the wonder women and life partner thing. Sure wish I could understand retirement. :) Good luck Joe.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Congrats on all the reasons for celebration!!! Having my own anniversary coming up next week at 38 so understand about the wonder women and life partner thing. Sure wish I could understand retirement. :) Good luck Joe.

Retirement makes perfect sense to me, its the remaining work years I'm struggling with.😎

• I like it 1

Congratulations for all the anniversaries, recent and upcoming. :) Doing a touch of Whistle Pig 10 and some Old Forester 100. Cheers.

• I like it 1

Relaxing on the back patio after a fair day at work. Weller SR in the glass. 😋

Biba! Joe

Cooled off nicely this evening after a balmy 90 degree day.  Old Forester 100 proof on a cube is just about perfect on the front patio while I go over my day plan for tomorrow in my head.  

• I like it 2

I hope all my customers are heading out of town tonight for a long Holiday weekend, because I need an easy day tomorrow.  My arse is done beat.  Picked up a Bakers today as a reward to have gotten to Thursday night without keeling over.  Still have to finish the drill tomorrow.  So, cue the “Rocky” theme.  🤪

03B86B13-70FE-4C10-A9DD-BB6F3DCAEE8D.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 5/21/2021 at 9:13 PM, smokinjoe said:

Woodford while chillin’ ...Woodford has really hit another gear with my palate the last couple of bottles. ...

I've been doing a lot with the new expressions, rye, malt, wheat.  Picked up maybe 15 bottles; bought 9 different lot # bottles of the malt for side by side, completed 5 so far and they are somewhat different, one from another, but all enjoyable.  

DSCN8430.JPG

• I like it 3

Wife and kids left this morning for a Memorial Day Weekend trip. I’ll be joining them tomorrow. But since I had exclusive control of the menu tonight and didn’t have to share, I decided to treat myself to some surf and turf. Little bit of WT101 to go along with a Côtes Du Rhône blend as the accompanying beverages!

8033C4F3-CE49-46FE-85B2-5CE3E68862AE.jpeg

• I like it 9

Bourbon drought!!  Last night went to our favorite restaurant and ate inside it for the first time since March 2020.  The ONLY bourbon they had was two inches of Bulliet, so that's what I had neat.   BTW, the only rye was a 3/4 full Bulliet.  SOMEbody needs to get out more (like the bartender who suggested I try some no name scotch) or at least talk to their liquor rep (who is partial to tequilas so, OF COURSE!!, they had five or so good ones).  SO, when I got home, I cracked open what is going to be Virtual Blind Tasting # 756 which I had HOPED I'd get up tonight. ALAS!  We spent 5 hours on Southbound I-95 traveling from Wash DC to Fredericksburg (with a 1/2 hour stop for food) - a distance of about 55 miles.  Alternate Route US-1 was WORSE according to some persons I know who tried it - Stafford lights are still timed to allow local traffic to get across US -1.  I don't blame them.  That is some HEAVY traffic going through those sleepy towns.  For more on VBT 756, go see that post under VBT- TOMORROW!!;)  EDIT - BECAUSE, I am tasting it IN DEPTH tonight.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I hope all my customers are heading out of town tonight for a long Holiday weekend, because I need an easy day tomorrow.  My arse is done beat.  Picked up a Bakers today as a reward to have gotten to Thursday night without keeling over.  Still have to finish the drill tomorrow.  So, cue the “Rocky” theme.  🤪

AND!! It's the old-style bottle, not that that matters a lot.

• I like it 1

1792 Full Proof Single Barrel Select last night.  TASTEEEE!

• I like it 1

After a too- long absence,  cracked a WTRB.  Just as good as ever! 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, bourbon-n00b said:

After a too- long absence,  cracked a WTRB.  Just as good as ever! 

I need another bottle of bourbon like I need a hole in the head...But damn, I need to go get a bottle of WTRB.  It’s been too long for me, too!   🤪

• I like it 3

Mrs. Clueby overpaid for an ER10 PS but fortunately  (or unfortunately?) it's really good.

20210528_200231.jpg

• I like it 4

On 5/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a couple of celebratory pours of a ps Weller FP after getting home from work. It’s a celebration for a few reasons. First and foremost, tomorrow is my 39th wedding anniversary. I have a wonderful wife, and I’m not quite sure how she’s put up with me for so long. 🤔 Secondly, I let my work know my official retirement date. I plan on pulling the plug on September 7th. 🥳 Last but not least, I had a pretty decent week at work for a change. :huh:I will neither confirm nor deny that it may have been because my supervisor was on vacation the last few days. 😜 Cheers!

Biba! Joe

Congratulations Joe!  39 years is awesome.  We are celebrating 34 years in September.  Your wife putting up with you because you are a good guy.  My retirement is about 10 years away.  I am hoping to work until I am 70.  Hopefully, my employer will put up with me that long.  My supervisor and I are close in age and I cover his a.. a lot and he covers mine as well.  We seem to get along well.  I just hope he hangs for another 10 years as well.

You have earned celebratory pours whenever you so desire and maybe a few more pours as well!  A little late to the party on my reply but I suspect you are having a pour tonight or will soon!  Enjoy each and every pour.  I suspect you will.

• I like it 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, smokinjoe said:

My glass,  my friend.  I drink out of that glass even when it is covered with dried residual bourbon sludge.

Bakers is always a good choice!  The pour level looks about right.  Hopefully, you had a second pour, just because.  Gonna Fly Now!

Edited by mbroo5880i

23 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Mrs. Clueby overpaid for an ER10 PS but fortunately  (or unfortunately?) it's really good.

20210528_200231.jpg

It's the thought that counts!  Or is it the selection!  If it is a step above standard ER10 and you enjoy it, overpaying is just a relative to perception.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Bourbon drought!!  Last night went to our favorite restaurant and ate inside it for the first time since March 2020.  The ONLY bourbon they had was two inches of Bulliet, so that's what I had neat.   BTW, the only rye was a 3/4 full Bulliet.  SOMEbody needs to get out more (like the bartender who suggested I try some no name scotch) or at least talk to their liquor rep (who is partial to tequilas so, OF COURSE!!, they had five or so good ones).  SO, when I got home, I cracked open what is going to be Virtual Blind Tasting # 756 which I had HOPED I'd get up tonight. ALAS!  We spent 5 hours on Southbound I-95 traveling from Wash DC to Fredericksburg (with a 1/2 hour stop for food) - a distance of about 55 miles.  Alternate Route US-1 was WORSE according to some persons I know who tried it - Stafford lights are still timed to allow local traffic to get across US -1.  I don't blame them.  That is some HEAVY traffic going through those sleepy towns.  For more on VBT 756, go see that post under VBT- TOMORROW!!;)  EDIT - BECAUSE, I am tasting it IN DEPTH tonight.

I understand you go to a restaurant for the food.  However, how can it be your favorite restaurant if the only bourbon they had was Bulliet?  You should have went to the trunk and brought in your own bottle but had them pour it so that the missus didn't get suspicious. 

55 miles in 5 hours.  I believe I could almost walk that fast.  Well, not really but hyperbole makes it seem like I could.

41 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It's the thought that counts!  Or is it the selection!  If it is a step above standard ER10 and you enjoy it, overpaying is just a relative to perception.

Oh it wasn't a gift for me. It was her own bottle that she let me have a pour of! @0895 I snuck you a sample. 🤫Since she let me have some of her good stuff I pulled out some other good stuff to share with her. She asked if one of us was dying. 🤣🤣

20210528_211414.jpg

• I like it 3

My son's last day of school was today - summer vacation.

No waking every week day at 6:00. 🙂 Also no occasional day trip to TW on the North side. 🙁

Celebrating by opening a WT 101.  Oh, and it's Friday too. 🥳 

• I like it 2

OBSQ from 2017 in the glass as I continue to target the low fill bottles.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.