What bourbon did you purchase today (Spring 2021)

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Love seeing things like this!  I have never had a bottle of the older ECBP.  Very cool.

Ahh it's the famous pirate bottle 🏴‍☠️ 😉

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

I live 15 miles from there and have never been to Astor.

Oh man so close yet so far away...

Jus t found out that my wife scored me two bottles of Blantons -  a gold and a straight from the barrel.  Should be in by early next week.  Looking forward to trying both.

• I like it 6

37 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Jus t found out that my wife scored me two bottles of Blantons -  a gold and a straight from the barrel.  Should be in by early next week.  Looking forward to trying both.

You Lucky dog you

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

Ahh it's the famous pirate bottle 🏴‍☠️ 😉

Hahaha, the irony of this is I was perusing Craigslist for bourbon earlier this which I do occasionally much to my dismay and some guy is listing two "Pirate ECBP" and my immediate though was "proof for Kepler!" 

Angel's Envy barrel pick.

Like I posted earlier,  I've never seen one.

They let me try it.

I bought two😁

20210625_144621.jpg

20210625_144635.jpg

• I like it 4

On 6/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

Many thanks @jnewberg! If you happen to find the "standard" Cigar Blend expressions, I think you'll find that they're somewhat different from the Michigan state-only expression. With Michigan state, I tried to keep the prunes in syrup, tobacco, and old leather essence of CB while giving it a "Michigan fruit" note. I'm a huge fan of Montmorency cherries from MI, especially when distilled into a kirsch/cherry brandy, so I wanted to see if I could somehow express those Michigan fruity notes into CB. At any rate, I should have the next batch of Michigan-only CB ready here soon, perhaps later this month or sometime in July. It is going to be an on-going thing. 

Cheers,

Nancy

I will be on the lookout 

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Hahaha, the irony of this is I was perusing Craigslist for bourbon earlier this which I do occasionally much to my dismay and some guy is listing two "Pirate ECBP" and my immediate though was "proof for Kepler!" 

Haha obviously I've been missing the boat on this all along.  I'm on board now!  On board the pirate ship that is!

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

I live 15 miles from there and have never been to Astor.

I'm almost 3500 miles away and even I've been to Astor.. 

• I like it 5

It’s ironic that six years ago when i started getting into bourbon it was a single barrel four roses that hooked me, but i rarely get it anymore and have never had the yellow label until i picked this up today.

The green just keeps jumping into my hands each time i see one abs who am i to say no?

DE510D3F-37FC-448F-BBC4-D4D4CEEF0B38.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 6/24/2021 at 6:55 AM, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey there @clearmoon247, glad you also got a bottle of St. Augustine's "The Saint" as well as Cigar Blend! I've been consulting for St. Augustine distillery now for 3 years. I'm also currently visiting my sister in Saint John's. 🥃😜 Cheers! Nancy.

Such a small world, from someone in the Jax beach area.

Finishing off a bottle of Cigar Blend, Batch 22.

Cheers!

• I like it 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, mbroo5880i said:

While no phone is cheap, as Cheap Bastard, I wait over 10 years after Smart Phones came out to get one.  I held onto my flip phone until it was unrepairable.  I even had a back up - brand new - flip phone but it didn't work when we tried to power it up.  I finally got a Smart Phone but it was already two or three generations old.  That said, buying whiskey on sale is always good.  Price is relative.  I really like Redbreast.  I see it on sale occasionally but just can't pull the trigger.  One day, I will pick up a bottle.  Maybe the next big sale at my local liquor store.

RE: Redbreast - the basic 80 proof is just fine if a bit pricey compared to some other Irish.  I like Teelings 80 better.  HOWEVER, the Redbreast barrel proof "finished" offerings are exquisite.  If you can find a Redbreast Lustig finish at MSRP, I encourage you to pick it up.

RE: phone - I'd have gone with a Jitterbug/Lively if my car had let me synch it.  But it didn't.  so I got the cheapest Samsung deal.  Only person I call is my wife on the other side of Wegmans grocery when I'm through checking out the wines and beer.  Carried a Motorola flip for ten years - never did figure out how to retrieve messages from voicemail.

On 6/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, Marekv8 said:

Astor in NYC had a cool double whammy deal today— not only were all American spirits 15% off but one of the included offerings was a “warehouse find” ECBP from 2015, priced at $67.97 after the discount. Couldn’t resist.

C4E1BC70-CF96-4928-82A1-7D0BBFDD4752.thumb.jpeg.9e4b9d26b83e065f0e4f42fe62281fa7.jpeg

That is one heck of a find!

My local posted on Instagram that they got in a shipment of Henry KcKenna 10yr. I texted them and asked them to set aside 3 bottles for me if they had enough to do so. They did! I paid $38.99 a piece for them. Some stores are still doing right by us.

• I like it 5

I'm an addict for the sweet vanilla bomb OF Statesman,   and I just returned from the packie with a new bottle to replace the one that died last night.   

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

I'm an addict for the sweet vanilla bomb OF Statesman,   and I just returned from the packie with a new bottle to replace the one that died last night.   

Speaking of OF, just finished a bottle of the OF 1920 cask strength. But I like the Statesman too.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

I tried my first bottle recently and I really liked it.  I was a little leery but then I saw @smokinjoe's comments and I thought I should give it a try.  Right now, I would rate Statesmen>OF1920>OF100.  Of course, I like all three and each has its place on a bar.

• I like it 2

39 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I tried my first bottle recently and I really liked it.  I was a little leery but then I saw @smokinjoe's comments and I thought I should give it a try.  Right now, I would rate Statesmen>OF1920>OF100.  Of course, I like all three and each has its place on a bar.

Have not tried the Statesman yet, hopefully soon. I really enjoyed the 1920 a few years back when it first came out, have not had it since. That and Signature were my 2 best from OF.

Found another MM101. Might go back to where I found this one and get another one for the bunker...this one is bunkered...have one open from last month..,,

• I like it 2

Got lucky and  got a Blanton's & B.T. at a local Publix for normal retail. That's a good score for N. FL

20210627_143246.jpg

• I like it 7

On 6/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Bold ranking Cotton! Now I need to crack a Statesmen. 

• I like it 5

Picked the EHT Sunday at binnys in Chicago, scored the “red ones” (as they refer to them at this particular store) today. At retail. At a Kroger.  $53.74 (49.99+3.75tax) ea otd. 

D57B1B9E-5154-4D26-93CF-F76B9064059F.jpeg

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 5

Read some good reports about the OF Single Barrel program, so when a local sent me an email yoday saying they had a store pick of OF 100, I decided this was as good as time as any to try one.  Not sure what the meaning of "Ghost Barrel" is, but I am going to crack this baby open tonight and let it breath a bit and do some tasting (tonight and this week).  If it's good, I may go back and get another for the bunker.  Not sure about the pricing, as this LS tends to be a couple dollars higher then their competitors.  But most all store picks he has done I have really enjoyed.  In the past he has had some fantastic 4Rsib selections.  This one was $54.99 OTD.

1123516129_20210629_1906061.thumb.jpg.a63ffe727e1381ccaf6d8c3db4177565.jpg

• I like it 2

Is that the old label? Either way, id plan on buying a couple more. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.