What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing off this bottle of Blanton’s.  The last 1/3 wasn’t nearly as good as the first 2/3, or just my imagination. 

7F3670F1-A465-4806-B619-B15B26485D3B.jpeg

• I like it 2

Haven't posted in a while.  Been a very busy summer and some health issues have blunted my drinking a bit.  Did have a chance to meet with some friends that used to have the RV site next to ours.  He is on his third round of cancer (each time a different type).  Doing okay so far.  We always shared Elijah Craig together so we did a tasting.  Started with smalll pours of ECSM then moved to ECBP.  Then to Blanton's gold and finally Blanton's SFTB.  This covered over a 6 hour visit.  Good to see him and that he is doing okay for now.  IF you have a chance, please raise your glass in a toast to Mike Mills.

IMG_1568.thumb.jpeg.2c10a4e49936ebb557366588b0968af4.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

• I like it 14

20 hours ago, bayouredd said:

You should be pretty safe if you find it. I'll not give you a history lesson on the subject, but rest assured the the FDA  will not inspect nor allow the "real deal". 

If you do come across it, it is more than likely just rice/pork dressing in a casing. The "walk in way" at a grocer or gas station is crock potted, but it's best on a grill where the casing gains a nice crunch...

Yeah, I read about the original boudin - chitlin inside a chitlin. 😮 I believe I'll pass on that.

The American Cajun version sounds good - rice/pork.

I grew up with stuff like kielbasa and brats.

I notice now there seem to be many Andouille brands available around here.  That was not true in the past.

• I like it 1

Just opened a ECSmB PS from a local LS.  Using it for a refreshing High Ball w/a squeeze of lemon while watching the Sillies and Nats.  Was going to go out and grab a new WT101, but decided to look through the bunker and maybe save some $$ and the trip.  The ECSmB was the result of my search.  BTW, using Canada Dry Bold Ginger Ale and this drink is really good!!!

• I like it 3

Mehhh day at work. 😕 MM ladder this evening. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Trying this tonight. It's hot peanuts. I used the Foghat on it to see if a little smoke would tame it a bit. Might hit it with a splash of water. Was gonna turn it into an Old Fashioned but I'm out of oranges and cherries.

20210805_191837.jpg

• I like it 4

18 hours ago, PaulO said:

Yeah, I read about the original boudin - chitlin inside a chitlin. 😮 I believe I'll pass on that.

The American Cajun version sounds good - rice/pork.

I grew up with stuff like kielbasa and brats.

I notice now there seem to be many Andouille brands available around here.  That was not true in the past.

Yep, the original Boudin Rouge was a blood sausage. Not thanks.  The common variations on Boudin blanc (Rice/pork) will have different proportions of pork liver/pork.  I prefer the ones with no liver.  my favorite Andouille brand is Savoies.  Go to cajungrocer.com and you can order at least three of the most popular brands.  Only had chitlins once and that was in France.  Good story to share around a campfire with a shot of your favorite.

• I like it 3

Youthful complexity and pretty far removed from a typical bourbon profile— so in that respect interesting but woefully overpriced.

B607881D-BC18-4DBA-93DE-8BD9A8B751EA.thumb.jpeg.b5f144357af0822812cc67353b84f253.jpeg

• I like it 4

Sipping on some Big Man Small Batch Bookers, truly one of the finest versions of Bookers.

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 3

Lately various Old Foresters have not been syncing with my palate for whatever reason. But tonight regular OF100 is hitting the spot.  The fruit notes are just the thing I'm craving this time.  

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Last pour of a KC SiBR tonight watching NBC’s crappy Olympic coverage.

For the first time ever I haven't watched any Olympics coverage, and I don't miss it one bit.

• I like it 3

Mercantile Bourbon, because that's what's in the cabinet.  It's just so OK.  I wanted to try some IN distilled stuff.  At four years old, it's beyond white dog, but nowhere near the glory days of Smooth Ambler picks.  I'm glad I got it on sale.  Next time a pass.

Last night "OF Friday". Had a couple pours, OF Sib 100. Have about a bottle & 1/3 left of this store pick. Much sadness to be had when this is gone...

Today: finished honey do list "early" + way "early" in the day  = Early Times "early" pour...

Mighty Fine!!!

• I like it 2

It has been a long day, as I had to get up early for a trail race this morning.  So after that and running some errands afterward I decided a pour of EHT BP will be the pour to relax with while watching The Suicide Squad this late afternoon.

• I like it 4

34 minutes ago, markandrex said:

WTRB b3, Lawrenceberg is hitting all the right notes, as always.

in honor of that, I'm pouring WTRB WT-03RB.

not surprising, it's great follow-up to KC12 and Coopers 100.  milder but way more refined.  Nice.

• I like it 5

I was at the annual "Art of Surfing" show at the Ocean City boardwalk this afternnoon,   which yielded this stokin' print from artist Matt Biddle.     The Jefferson's Small Batch is a gift from my son.   I'd forgotten over the years how good this is,  just classic bourbon sweetness.   

20210807_232424.jpg

• I like it 5

I helped get a couple of minor chores done around the house earlier. On the back patio enjoying a small pour of 2019 GTS before heading back inside to try and get a couple more things taken care of. 🙄 Hey, only three more weeks of washing my work uniforms. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

...enjoying a small pour of 2019 GTS before heading back inside ..Hey, only three more weeks of washing my work uniforms. 😁

GTS, what a great way to start the celebration!

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.