What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I raise a glass of ORVW to your wife’s retirement.  Good health and fortune to you both! 🥃

Thanks. Much appreciated. Cheers right back at you. 🙂

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wonderful wife is home from her last day at work. We’re on the back patio relaxing, and I’m celebrating her retirement with a pour of Pappy 15. 🥳 Only 4 1/2 more weeks and it’s my turn. 😁

Biba! Joe

Congrats to your wonderful wife and early congrats on your retirement.  You'll be so busy doing half the things you've always wanted to do, you won't have time to do the other half!  Sounds crazy but you will find out soon enough.  Stay active, stay healthy, stay you. Cheers!

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wonderful wife is home from her last day at work. We’re on the back patio relaxing, and I’m celebrating her retirement with a pour of Pappy 15. 🥳 Only 4 1/2 more weeks and it’s my turn. 😁

Biba! Joe

Congratulations to your lovely wife on her retirement.  I know you are anxiously awaiting your turn and then you can enjoy the next chapter in your life.  Best wishes as you move forward.  In the meantime, celebrate her accomplishment as she hit the finish line first.

• I like it 3

Enjoying a couple of pours of OGD BIB to celebrate completing several important projects at work by the end of July.  August has several new projects that now take their turn on the radar but those are for next month.

Also, celebrating a good 2 week checkup (actually 10 days) for my puppy princess who had her surgery stitches removed and who is doing really well on her rehab PT (at home, of course).

Celebrating the Pacers finally picking a player who I think might actually be NBA caliber.  Given their recent draft history, they must have cribbed off of someone else's draft notes.

Oh WTF, also, celebrating a nice strong weather front that brought in some much needed rain and will bring in a weekend of much appreciated moderate temperatures and lower humidity.

Wait, I am celebrating more than I am drinking.  Time for another pour.

• I like it 6

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Congrats to Mrs. fishnbowljoe!

4 hours ago, lemonman said:

Having some MM101 sbs with MMCS. This MMCS has had some air time, and is finally able to keep up with the 101. Still overall prefer the 101, though.

I'm seeing MM101 all over around here; did it go into regular rotation, or did they just dump the excess in our region? It never really went away for more than a week or two.

It's supposed to be a fall seasonal only but the taters are not yet snapping this up so they have excess supply. 

12 minutes ago, flahute said:

It's supposed to be a fall seasonal only but the taters are not yet snapping this up so they have excess supply. 

tons of it in virginny and moving slow.  so many other choices.

1 minute ago, B.B. Babington said:

tons of it in virginny and moving slow.  so many other choices.

Yeah, still seeing it here but not tons of it. Since it's not yet moving in large numbers I wonder if they scale back production this year.

Those of us who really like this should make sure we have enough on hand.

8 hours ago, flahute said:

Yeah, still seeing it here but not tons of it. Since it's not yet moving in large numbers I wonder if they scale back production this year.

Same here.  The remnants that I'm seeing are in the $50 to $60 range.  I don't like it that much. 

9 hours ago, flahute said:

You have to wonder, if it's not moving well, will they rethink the release altogether. I will add more to the stockpile in case they do.

I can understand why it might not move well among first time buyers. It sits on the shelf next to the CS at the same or nearly the same price; if they dropped the price five bucks or so, it might be a faster seller. I avoided it for a while for that reason, until you guys talked it up to the point I had to try it; glad I did!

Just picked up the MM101 yesterday for 37.99.....All this chatter makes me think I should go get a back-up.🤔

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Congrats!   That's the way to do it in a two-earner household - both retire at more or less the same time.   That's gonna be our biggest issue, I'm afraid.  Both me and Mrs. Jazz are going to be 65 next year,  and I'm more than willing to step down,  but I know she will want to keep plugging away.    Not sure how to harmoniously address such a fundamental conflict.

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Given their recent draft history, they must have cribbed off of someone else's draft notes.

Probably the Knicks.

• I like it 1

Still working on a Friday evening but I'm going to start imbibing.  Smoke Wagon Uncut & Unfiltered gets the initial assignment.

• I like it 2

OF Friday...

Started left to right... good - better - waaaay bestest...

20210730_173313.thumb.jpg.6c3d569b07cec52b6cff8f56c5984c0d.jpg

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, lemonman said:

You have to wonder, if it's not moving well, will they rethink the release altogether. I will add more to the stockpile in case they do.

I can understand why it might not move well among first time buyers. It sits on the shelf next to the CS at the same or nearly the same price; if they dropped the price five bucks or so, it might be a faster seller. I avoided it for a while for that reason, until you guys talked it up to the point I had to try it; glad I did!

When it first came out last Fall, the shelves cleared pretty quick.  It then started showing up throughout the Spring and I am seeing it in large quantities at select stores and not at all at others.  The price in Indy is between $34.99 and $39.99.  However, with a 6 bottle discount, one store currently has it for $29.99.  

It is odd as you would think it checks off all the boxes that taters like...a box, nice looking bottle, seemingly limited.  My guess is if the price were $10 higher they might think it is more special.  But, we can just keep that our little secret.  They can chase the $70 NDP bottles with a fancy label.  We can enjoy the lower hanging fruit.  It is easier to pick and less expensive.

• I like it 2

I grabbed a bottle of KC9 so what not enjoy some tonight.  Having a pour while watching women's beach volleyball at the Olympics.  Not really my cup of tea but enjoying my glass of bourbon all the same.

• I like it 2

BBC wasn’t working on the palate tonight, moved on to some WT Decades.  Much more satisfying.  

• I like it 4

On 7/28/2021 at 9:28 AM, fosmith said:

My first bottle of this (the new 108 proof version) and I'm really liking it.  Reminds me a lot of Booker's.

Jim Beam SiB.jpg

I've been curious about this one but I haven't pulled the trigger.  Thanks for info.

I've sipping some FC 6yr out of the freezer.  Getting ready to watch some baseball.

• I like it 1

Keeping it in the family, this time I'm going with HH6BiB.  Not surprising it's quite similar to the FC6yr.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.