What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/30/2021 at 9:44 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Great pic! Vacation, or?

Biba! Joe

Vacation in Ocean City 

• I like it 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Two forks and a table cloth, quite fancy!  Did you make your table mate move for the photo?

Seriously, great view.  Nice pour!

It was a nice place on vacation in OC

When we went back for a second dinner I did the old fashioned with Noah’s Mill

This was a Manhattan with 1233 rye (local Myrtle beach distillery) wasn’t the great19900B72-0B37-464A-AA58-3AF9F7ACDD30.thumb.jpeg.7bc01f40a17359f3da66bd0218abce6c.jpegest 

Long hot day at work. 🥵 On the back patio now with a nice pour of ETL. It’s tasting pretty darned good. My palate must be back in working order.  All is well. 🥳

Biba! Joe

• I like it 9

Hot day in Columbus as well. Two fingers of benchmark SiB is hitting the spot

• I like it 3

On 7/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, WhiskeyProposition said:

Yardwork is done. 

IMG_20210724_155001_612.jpg

@WhiskeyProposition, glad to see you're enjoying some MHC! I'm actually working on the next batch of it this week. 🥃😜

Cheers!

Nancy

• I like it 9

Busy day, now the feet are up and some Old Fitz 15 in the glass

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@WhiskeyProposition, glad to see you're enjoying some MHC! I'm actually working on the next batch of it this week. 🥃😜

Cheers!

Nancy

Must be fun!  Can you tell us the process you use to blend this stuff.  Do you start with the older or younger whiskeys?  Do you have a general percentage in mind starting out and work from there?  thanks.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Hot day in Columbus as well. Two fingers of benchmark SiB is hitting the spot

Man, it is hot everywhere!  Indy is the same.  It has been a hot busy week at work.  Time to relax.  Enjoying a nice pour of MM101 while surfing the internet. 

• I like it 1

My first bottle of this (the new 108 proof version) and I'm really liking it.  Reminds me a lot of Booker's.

Jim Beam SiB.jpg

• I like it 5

18 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Cheers!

Nancy

It's a great pour! I missed out on the Magnus Cigar Blend yesterday. 😭

• I like it 1

Standard Blanton's single barrel for the Hump Day drink.  It was a good middle of the week day, and I thought that called for a good middle of the pack drink.  I like Blanton's, but once this bottle is finished it will be awhile before I open another.  Too many other bottles already opened, and too many that need to be opened and tried before breaking the horsey seal again.

• I like it 5

22 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Standard Blanton's single barrel for the Hump Day drink.  It was a good middle of the week day, and I thought that called for a good middle of the pack drink.  I like Blanton's, but once this bottle is finished it will be awhile before I open another.  Too many other bottles already opened, and too many that need to be opened and tried before breaking the horsey seal again.

Which letter bottle top? 🤪

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Which letter bottle top? 🤪

Biba! Joe

"A"

I have never had a desire to gather all the letters, but I have kept some of the toppers in case anyone is looking for one.

• I like it 2

KC12 while waiting for the seemingly daily thunderstorms to blow through.

• I like it 1

On a lark I picked up Mercantile Bourbon.  There's something about it.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Then I figured it out.  It has a certain aspect that reminds me of the grain whisky that goes into some blended Scotch.  It has a honey sweetness combined with corn oil.  Have you ever tried Old Smuggler.

My theory is, this stuff is aged up North in MN.  It doesn't quite get the super hot and humid summers we get in the Ohio Valley.  A different sort of aging. 

2016 ETL indoors tonight, real feel outside is still 90 at midnight. 3AB8D047-9EDD-4CD6-ADC9-25CDC4F87B22.thumb.jpeg.2c79d4fdbdea971d8aca4eb5f6064aa7.jpeg

Edited by M777
  • I like it 3

Finishing up a few of the samples that have been accumulating. This one came from a generous SB’er and is probably the oldest bourbon I’ve ever had. 

Has that artificial candy coating nose I associate with older dusty bourbons. Very enjoyable pour to decompress after the drive. 

990AD329-54E0-4C64-A142-4FA0D636C56B.jpeg

• I like it 3

Been away for a bit of time (life gets in the way).  Had recently picked up a bottle of the updated EW 1783.  Good solid bottle.  Not going to set off any fireworks but will do just fine as a daily drinker or for someone who is just getting into bourbon.  On my palate it had a heavier fruit flavor and a smooth finish.

• I like it 1

My wonderful wife is home from her last day at work. We’re on the back patio relaxing, and I’m celebrating her retirement with a pour of Pappy 15. 🥳 Only 4 1/2 more weeks and it’s my turn. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 11

Having some MM101 sbs with MMCS. This MMCS has had some air time, and is finally able to keep up with the 101. Still overall prefer the 101, though.

I'm seeing MM101 all over around here; did it go into regular rotation, or did they just dump the excess in our region? It never really went away for more than a week or two.

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wonderful wife is home from her last day at work. We’re on the back patio relaxing, and I’m celebrating her retirement with a pour of Pappy 15. 🥳 Only 4 1/2 more weeks and it’s my turn. 😁

Biba! Joe

I raise a glass of ORVW to your wife’s retirement.  Good health and fortune to you both! 🥃

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.