What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice pour of ECSB watching Rookie of the Year to get ready for Cubs game in 2 weeks.

Back home enjoying some Danish modern jazz with Bent Axen and an exceptional WTKS.    Possibly the best WTKS I've ever had, this is from warehouse 8 and is just a firehose of vanilla.  

20210808_222833.jpg

• I like it 6

Belatedly on the back patio with a pour of Weller SR. Had to wait for the weather to clear. 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Nice and real, real quiet here.  Sittiing inside as it was around 90 today.  I did get in the pool for  a while.  Wife had knee replacement 16 days ago and is rehabbing well but can't immerse leg, so she stays inside with her A/C.

Polished off a Koval SiB, that was flavorful.   A little pour of some KC 9Yr 120 proof should finish me for the night.  Need some music too, so  Muddy  Waters/Folk SInger is up next

• I like it 5

A long workday is finely done,  and I'm fooling around with blends,  mixing an Ancient Ancient Age (a dusty from around fifteen years ago)  with four-grain Laws BIB.    Not bad, not bad at all. 

That's Philly trumpeter Ted Curson in the painting.

20210809_230818.jpg

• I like it 3

Sipping a Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select while listeing to  "Han" by Derek Bailey and Han Bennink

• I like it 1

Feeling in a bit of a slog as I work on thinning the herd and freeing up a bit of space. There are bottles that need to be opened. :)

Dickel 15yr SiB which is around 85pf. Just a touch too much of the minerals for me.

The Senator 6 yr BP Rye. Lots of Dill and Mint. Aggressive. 

Starlight SiB BP around 4 yes seems to get younger and more corn forward every time I return to it. 

Knob Creek SiB 9yr K&L pick is sadly nowhere as rich and complex as the 14yr offerings of a few years ago.  It's still darned good, though, for $50.  I can't think of any other bourbon with that age and proof (and flavor) at that price point. 

And, not a bit of wax scattered around on my counter.  The pull strip came off clean and easy.  Looks like Beam has finally gotten their act together wax wise.  Now if they'd only use a cork that you can remove from the bottle without a pair of pliers.  Ok, not literally but, dang, those things are in there tight..

KC 9yr K&L pick.jpg

• I like it 6

On the back patio with a pour of Weller SR. It’s warm and quite windy with some scattered clouds. Gonna enjoy this for now. The weather forecast,   for the third day in a row, calls for more heavy storms making their way through our area in a couple of hours or so. Here we go again. 😟

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

On the back patio with a pour of Weller SR. It’s warm and quite windy with some scattered clouds. Gonna enjoy this for now. The weather forecast,   for the third day in a row, calls for more heavy storms making their way through our area in a couple of hours or so. Here we go again. 😟

Biba! Joe

Stay safe Joe!

4 minutes ago, beasled said:

Stay safe Joe!

Thanks b. All is well for now, so I decided to have a pour of my 2021 Weller Blend. More clouds and wind, but no storms yet. 🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On 8/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Jazzhead said:

A long workday is finely done,  and I'm fooling around with blends,  mixing an Ancient Ancient Age (a dusty from around fifteen years ago)  with four-grain Laws BIB.    Not bad, not bad at all. 

That's Philly trumpeter Ted Curson in the painting.

20210809_230818.jpg

@Jazzhead, I just now saw your post. Hope it's not too late for me to buy a plane ticket to your neck of the woods and join you for tasting those blends? Seriously, I'd really love to hear more about how that blend turned out. 🥃🎺

Cheers!

Nancy

Edited by WhiskeyBlender

Well that Rebel 10 I bought a week or so ago that I thought was solid but not at the level as the early run bottles is making me reconsider.

It is absolutely killing it tonight.

• I like it 3

Just back from a road trip an hour and a half north to visit an old, old friend and buy some of his massive vinyl collection.   We did a lot of catching up as well as played and sang a few tunesr.  I thought that he had more than one guitar but I plan to stay in touch and have him down the house for dinner this fall so we can work our way thru the hundreds of songs we both know from our 50 year old memories.  Overall a five hour adventure and sipping on a EW BiB to wind down.  

• I like it 4

Left late yesterday for a road trip to see a couple of decades long customers that I haven’t visited in person in nearly 2 years due to some odd reason…🤪  Atlanta to Charlotte.  Hotel. Charlotte to Winston-Salem.  W-S to Bristol, TN.  Dead head home from Bristol to ATL.  It was so good to get back out there and sit across a table with great people, catch up on our lives, talk some business…catch up some more….then, catch up some more.  🙂 I admit, it was good for my mind, heart, and soul.  
However, now back home, my arse and eyes are wrecked from the car time, so after a quick (like in <2mi minute beer), it’s a “significant “ pour from a new bottle EW 1783 I picked up along the way.  Because this pour is part celebratory of my visits, and part medicinal for my aches, this is one fabulous whiskey, right now...  😍

• I like it 5

Was in my Costco today. And they a BIB bourbon for sale. The label said it was made by Barton. Just wondering if anyone had tried the Kirkland BIB bourbon. The price was 36.95 for a 1 L bottle

• I like it 1

i have gone back to about a 1/3 Dickel 12 to 2/3 wt 101 mixture.  i let it sit for a day after mixign them together.   i can rarely find anything in their respective price ranges that tastes better to me.  with one small ice cube the bit of corny-sweet oddness of dickel 12 just adds a buttery sweet, slightly smokey mellowing to the straight-aheadness of the wt 101.   

10 hours ago, scott t said:

i have gone back to about a 1/3 Dickel 12 to 2/3 wt 101 mixture.  i let it sit for a day after mixign them together.   i can rarely find anything in their respective price ranges that tastes better to me.  with one small ice cube the bit of corny-sweet oddness of dickel 12 just adds a buttery sweet, slightly smokey mellowing to the straight-aheadness of the wt 101.   

George Dickel is a great blending component-- similar to the “Character Malts” used in Blended Scotch Whisky.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.