What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off the dregs (one plus ounce) of the JD BIB liter I bought on impulse and, while watching “Poirot”, I am sipping on OGDBIB.  No surprise there.

• I like it 5

Finally, had a non-dumpster fire day at the office.  So, instead of going for the general pain medicine, I reached around for a good one.  GBS EC12 is that.  One. More.  Day…

0864305C-1CFB-4C74-A497-71ACCCBDE9B8.jpeg

• I like it 12

Decided on a pour of Four Gate Kelvin collaboration 2 while waiting for the Braves / Dodgers game to start.  

Let the Chop begin!

Went to a OldFo tasting tonight. For $20 you got samples of all 3 OF150th batches and a sample of their latest store pick. Also got to purchase the store pick for additional $80.  They did a drawing for someone to get their bottle free (I didn't win).

I plan on doing a SbSbS this weekend.

I had tried 150th batches 1 and 3 before but I liked batch 2 the best. I thought the store pick was better than all 3 of the 150.

I also find that, as with most OldFo products, a little water really opens them up. It happens more with their brand for me than pretty much any other brand.  The store pick really gained some depth and a chocolate richness with some water.

20211021_180327.jpg

20211021_181057.jpg

16348677270758220198806395764724.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 7

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

One. More.  Day…

Damn straight brother. Need this weekend bad.

• I like it 3

I'll pour a little of the same in your honor. No leave raking though. We are at the beach so it was lots of blowing sand for a couple hours.  

3 minutes ago, G L Tirebiter said:

I'll pour a little of the same in your honor. No leave raking though. We are at the beach so it was lots of blowing sand for a couple hours.  

Care to trade?

Thought I'd expose the Bardstown Fusion series batch #4 I picked up in Chicago to some beach air.   This is ridiculously drinkable,  at a perfect 95 proof .     The 40 percent that's 13 years old dominates the finish, while the relatively youthful BBC grains that make up the rest of it add flavor and spice.    The nose is like a velvet fog of Wild Turkiness.   

May this Indian summer weather last at least another day;  this is a perfect accompaniment to the soft breeze coming off the dark water.    

• I like it 3

Went with Wild Turkey 101 old fashioneds followed up with just WT101 neat. Always hits the spot. 

• I like it 3

22 hours ago, Clueby said:

Went to a OldFo tasting tonight. For $20 you got samples of all 3 OF150th batches and a sample of their latest store pick. Also got to purchase the store pick for additional $80.  They did a drawing for someone to get their bottle free (I didn't win).

I plan on doing a SbSbS this weekend.

I had tried 150th batches 1 and 3 before but I liked batch 2 the best. I thought the store pick was better than all 3 of the 150.

I also find that, as with most OldFo products, a little water really opens them up. It happens more with their brand for me than pretty much any other brand.  The store pick really gained some depth and a chocolate richness with some water.

20211021_180327.jpg

20211021_181057.jpg

16348677270758220198806395764724.jpg

Are the pours in the glasses from the tasting?  Those look quite generous!  Sounds like a great time.  I would have been all in on this if it were held in Indy.

3 hours ago, markandrex said:

Cleaned up leaves for about 4 hours.  Just came in and poured some 1792 BiB.

You deserve it.

20 hours ago, flahute said:

Damn straight brother. Need this weekend bad.

Weekends were made for Michelob.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, smokinjoe said:

Finally, had a non-dumpster fire day at the office.  So, instead of going for the general pain medicine, I reached around for a good one.  GBS EC12 is that.  One. More.  Day…

0864305C-1CFB-4C74-A497-71ACCCBDE9B8.jpeg

Man,  that one's in extremis.   Time to give it last rites and help get it over the valley.   

• I like it 1

The Sixers are up six on the Nets midway through the fourth quarter.    Unlike Ben Simmons,  I'm mentally prepared to root this team home,  with my bud John J. Bowman to assist.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Weekends were made for Michelob.

Gonna need something stronger! I'll hydrate between pours with the Michelob.

• I like it 2

25 minutes ago, flahute said:

Gonna need something stronger! I'll hydrate between pours with the Michelob.

Wow!  It must have been a really difficult week.

After killing the Dickel 9, opened and poured OF 1910. As good as I remember from the distillery.

B03CF81F-D547-4E5E-9EA1-2EF937B76439.thumb.jpeg.acebd7c7538796933cc3118cb88b6622.jpeg

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Victory pour!

20211023_001928.jpg

Ouch!   😪

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Are the pours in the glasses from the tasting?  Those look quite generous!  Sounds like a great time.  I would have been all in on this if it were held in Indy.

Those cups are smaller than they look. Only about .5 oz pours.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.