What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Victory pour!

20211023_001928.jpg

At least I get to wash my Red Sox Hawaiian shirt now that I've worn every game since the Wild Card victory over the Yankees.  How long you going to wear your Astro's jerseys? Hopefully until after the World Series.

Go Astros!  😇

• I like it 2

Having a good sized pour of Dant after spending the day replacing a rotted fence post.  I'm calling it therapy.

• I like it 3

Larceny on a few cubes.  It’s been awhile since I’ve had the standard bottling, as my last few have been the Barrel Proof.  Nice pour.  Still more Maker’s Mark in style, as opposed to Weller.  That is, it’s drier.  Some very nice grassy notes that remind me of old HH whiskey from 20 years ago.  There’s definitely Rickhouse wood notes from nose to finish, so if HH has lowered the target age of this since it’s inception (as some surmise), then they myst be barrel managing to draw out the oak.  

15 hours ago, Kepler said:

Victory pour!

20211023_001928.jpg

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Ouch!   😪

Winning the pennant and pissing off a bunch of Massholes in the process is a nice bonus.

Sorry Gee at least you had the Brady days.   NE football and baseball can now revert back to what it was pre 2000s.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

At least I get to wash my Red Sox Hawaiian shirt now that I've worn every game since the Wild Card victory over the Yankees.  How long you going to wear your Astro's jerseys? Hopefully until after the World Series.

Go Astros!  😇

At least you get to rub it in Yankee fans face.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Winning the pennant and pissing off a bunch of Massholes in the process is a nice bonus.

Sorry Gee at least you had the Brady days.   NE football and baseball can now revert back to what it was pre 2000s.

Yeah, it was a great 20 year ride, eh?   I'll raise a glass to Houston when they reach 10.    😇

• I like it 3

Having a great glass of knob Creek single barrel store pick from several years ago, when they were 14 and 15 years old. I was able to be a part of some great barrel picks back then. Some great bourbon came out of those knob creek barrels.  I’m fixing to put some ribeyes on the pit and enjoy the fire for the rest of the night. 
39B0D464-9F5C-44CF-9D9A-0239E3C2B72E.thumb.jpeg.cb8b1a69c259888291bf8c4cd75ac644.jpeg

• I like it 7

16 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Remus Repel V, what can I say.

I like this one.  If lower price I'd like it a whole lot better.  MGP really shines with this Remus.  Great up front and great finish.  I think it's both blend and higher quality constituents that make for surprising complexity.  I've had good MGP before, but this is great.

I got around to opening the VOB 100.  It still hits the spot.  Honestly, I think it's the only Sazerac brand left that I really like, and can just purchase whenever, and at reasonable price.  Don't tell the taters. 🤫 

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Go Astros!  😇

You  sir are a good sport and a gentleman. Congratulations on a good season. I hope my Texas Rangers will soon have a season like your Red Sox or Kepler's Astros. 

Cheers 

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Go Astros!  😇

However long it takes!  Congrats to the Red Sox for a great season.

But Go Stros!  🌠

15 hours ago, Clueby said:

It was a whale night tonight.

20211023_213420.jpg

20211023_211708.jpg

20211023_221345.jpg

20211023_221407.jpg

IMG_52621.jpg

Looks like I have to come back to Mizzou for a return engagement very soon.  How about March 10-13 next year???   🥳

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Looks like I have to come back to Mizzou for a return engagement very soon.  How about March 10-13 next year???   🥳

Hmmm. I might try to crash this one. 😜

Biba! Joe

15 hours ago, Clueby said:

It was a whale night tonight.

20211023_213420.jpg

20211023_211708.jpg

20211023_221345.jpg

20211023_221407.jpg

IMG_52621.jpg

That's putting it mildly!!!

How bout whale night, white buffalo, the green jacket, the gold jacket, 3-pointer to win at the buzzer, clock runs out touchdown, etc...

One way or another; "beautiful" & jealousy abounds...

Just back from the beach . We are on Ocracoke, NC and ABC store here has slim pickings.  Grabbed a couple 1792BiB on the way down so working on the first one.

• I like it 2

Been prepping for a couple of weeks for Grandkids visit for Halloween & birthday. They'll be T-Rexes, pirates, treasure hunts, skeletons, runny noses, crapped diapers and one happy a$$ old man excepting the whole ball of wax.

Along with prep, had an extreme palate day fri eve; enjoying 1910, WRDO, KC9 & ET, all excellent this particular time.

Tonight, really digging this BT blend of Stag Jr/BT/ER. Don't remember the stats but I guess it to be at around 107 proof and melded these couple months later, beautifully...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Book it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.