What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 hours ago, steven s said:

In your area, BT is elusive, and 30$? I'm very sorry.

hopefully the expansion-yeilding barrels will be beefing up the base stock here soon.

on a side note I saw on a FB bourbon group that there is issues with the distilleries getting glass bottles, caps/corks, and labels. Add those supply chain issues with shipping issues and this is leading to limited amounts of product getting sent out of the distilleries. One comment was from a liquor store owner that said his distributor told him all things BT related were going to be in limited supply, and some places are getting JB white label in plastic bottles instead of glass bottles for the time being.

We were out doing some shopping the last few days, so I hit a couple Fine Wine and Good Spirits stores and found a couple new to me items

Bulliet 10 year

Evan Williams Single Barrell 

Ezra Brooks 99

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Double C's said:

on a side note I saw on a FB bourbon group that there is issues with the distilleries getting glass bottles, caps/corks, and labels. Add those supply chain issues with shipping issues and this is leading to limited amounts of product getting sent out of the distilleries. One comment was from a liquor store owner that said his distributor told him all things BT related were going to be in limited supply, and some places are getting JB white label in plastic bottles instead of glass bottles for the time being.

This is correct. My local has a pick of Stagg Jr. that was supposed to be in back in December but they are still waiting on glass.

4 hours ago, Double C's said:

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

This is correct. My local has a pick of Stagg Jr. that was supposed to be in back in December but they are still waiting on glass.

Ditto. A semi-local store has also been waiting on a barrel pick that they were hoping would arrive before Xmas. Also and FWIW, I received an email from the folks at BT concerning their pick for our BT group. “Due to supply chain issues that we are managing through; we are still waiting for glass bottles for this whiskey.” They also said it would more than likely be early spring before the bottles would be ready.

I have a crap ton of empty bottles of various BT products in my basement. I wonder what would happen if I filled up the back of my Seltos and took them down to BT. 🤔 Hey, ya’ never know.😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

Like a moth to a flame!!!

I've been hoping to fall upon one of these and sadly the $140 didn't deter me in the least...

SH.jpg.8f24549fffdd301ab66432f1353dc512.jpg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, flahute said:

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ditto. A semi-local store has also been waiting on a barrel pick that they were hoping would arrive before Xmas. 

My LS is still waiting on a Stagg Jr. pick we did waaay back in early March 2021! 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Like a moth to a flame!!!

I've been hoping to fall upon one of these and sadly the $140 didn't deter me in the least...

SH.jpg.8f24549fffdd301ab66432f1353dc512.jpg

I've seen it, and passed, but I confess to great curiosity given that the pedigree - 15-year old Barton - is so good.   Let us all know how it is, good sir! 

• I like it 1

Been at work most of the week cleaning up from last weekend's 2 feet snow dump, while also preparing for "Landon's" ice skating rink tonight and tomorrow at work. However, did take a few minutes on my way home this evening to pickup a case of ECBP A122. And yes, there was still plenty on the shelf for others, but it is very good and tasty. 

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ditto. A semi-local store has also been waiting on a barrel pick that they were hoping would arrive before Xmas. Also and FWIW, I received an email from the folks at BT concerning their pick for our BT group. “Due to supply chain issues that we are managing through; we are still waiting for glass bottles for this whiskey.” They also said it would more than likely be early spring before the bottles would be ready.

I have a crap ton of empty bottles of various BT products in my basement. I wonder what would happen if I filled up the back of my Seltos and took them down to BT. 🤔 Hey, ya’ never know.😉

Biba! Joe

Maybe the distilleries should offer a bring your own bottles and fill them up program. Similar to what craft breweries do with growlers. I would gladly drive down to Kentucky for that.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Double C's said:

Maybe the distilleries should offer a bring your own bottles and fill them up program. Similar to what craft breweries do with growlers. I would gladly drive down to Kentucky for that.

Back in the 1800s, before we had the modern machinery to mass produce bottles, that's exactly what people did - save and refill bottles.  A person would walk into a general store or saloon with an empty bottle.  The proprietor would fill it from a barrel.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Back in the 1800s, before we had the modern machinery to mass produce bottles, that's exactly what people did - save and refill bottles.  A person would walk into a general store or saloon with an empty bottle.  The proprietor would fill it from a barrel.

Hahaha...

I've even seen at least one western, maybe a couple where the bartender was called on the sh!+ show he was serving out of his barrel. Must be where the term "work hard, play hard" was coined. Those guys probably overlooked more bad pours than we are willing to!!!

• I like it 1

On 2/1/2022 at 9:37 AM, LCWoody said:

I was in Texas yesterday and stopped at a store that always has a few goodies. It’s nice to see there are still stores out there that don’t gouge. 
47661C39-B382-434F-B23E-8DB834EA0E9E.thumb.jpeg.494b024e8e339d8af82922b43d82f36b.jpeg

0D998230-1E8C-4709-A120-7EFE3A368BC9.jpeg

Not many of those stores left in Texas sadly

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Not many of those stores left anywhere sadly

I fixed that for you. :)

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 6

On 2/4/2022 at 5:50 AM, PaulO said:

I can bring a ‘Growler” to my local beer distributor and have it filled with tap beer, so in a sense what was old is new again. 

Two (2) bottles of ECBP A122 @ $60 ea OTD and delivered to my door tomorrow!  I'd like to thank my good friends from the "Live Free or Die" state up north for their generosity and great distribution system . . . . .   :ph34r:

• I like it 6

I picked up a couple of staples to fortify the bunker because they were the right price.  Rare Breed at 39.99 and Baker's 7 year, the last one they had at 41.99.  Solid.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.