What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

The pricing on MM 101 in other parts of the country continues to confound and frustrate me, and my situation here.  While the Cask Strength in ATL is generally well priced and competitive with pricing seen elsewhere, 101 is ~$15 higher than 101 elsewhere.  I recently found a 101 at $45, and quadruple checked the shelf price card to make sure I was seeing it right.  

Markets will vary in absolute price, but it should go without saying that MM101 should never be priced higher than the Cask Strength.  If  it is, then the store is fiddling with the pricing. 

Here in Texas the price of the two are close but the 101 is a couple of dollars less at the same store.  Unless it's a "tater store" and they jack up the price of the 101.  In that case I always pass.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

The pricing on MM 101 in other parts of the country continues to confound and frustrate me, and my situation here.  While the Cask Strength in ATL is generally well priced and competitive with pricing seen elsewhere, 101 is ~$15 higher than 101 elsewhere.  I recently found a 101 at $45, and quadruple checked the shelf price card to make sure I was seeing it right.  

Same.  Drives me nuts.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, steven s said:

it's usually +/- $40 around the state of CO

Same in VA.  I pick up a bottle, or two, when I visit the folks down in Va Beach.

Around here, in the Baltimore metro area, prices are all over the place.  I've seen it as high as $60.

• I like it 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:08 AM, Harry in WashDC said:

Greetings.  I responded to the "other" email a little while ago.  But -- Bassins on MacArthur Blvd, WDC is my go-to place for OGD BIB.  They are pretty good about keeping their inventory up to date on their website.

https://www.bassins.com/spirits_list.php?type=Bourbon

H in WDC

Thanks for sharing.  Those are good prices.   

Even though we live in the Baltimore metro area with the exception of Caps/Nats games, we rarely visit DC.   Next time we're in the area, maybe we'll swing by and check it out.

Our local Binny’s prices on MM products:

MM-$24.99

MM 46-$34.99

MM CS-$39.99

MM 101-$39.99

MM Private Select-$69.99 (several different barrels)

MM cigars-$8.70-$12.40

Before Xmas they had MM on sale for $19.99, plus you could get a jar of maraschino cherries for a 1¢

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Markets will vary in absolute price, but it should go without saying that MM101 should never be priced higher than the Cask Strength.  If  it is, then the store is fiddling with the pricing. 

Here in Texas the price of the two are close but the 101 is a couple of dollars less at the same store.  Unless it's a "tater store" and they jack up the price of the 101.  In that case I always pass.

Of course!  But since the beginning of the 101 release here, it’s price point at multiple stores has been ~$15 higher than CS.  Could be bogus pricing by distributors, creative selling by distributors to retailers to influence them to position 101 higher for increased profits (its packaging is very nice with the gold lettering and many times comes in a box), or retailers are scouting others and the pricing was inadvertently set that way and somehow stuck.  But, the recent $45 at 1 store hopefully is a sign that a correction is coming for this region.  

• I like it 1

I wonder if the price of MM 101 in some areas of the country might reflect the speculation that it is a yearly release, and not a regularly stocked item. 🤔

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 3

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I wonder if the price of MM 101 in some areas of the country might reflect the speculation that it is a yearly release, and not a regularly stocked item. 🤔

Biba! Joe 

When it came out in the Indy area, the price was typically $39.99 regardless of retailer.  Then several retailers dropped the price to $29.99 last fall.  Now, it is back up to $34.99 at many of those retailers. 

Those who held the price at $39.99 seem to have had the same price since it came out.   

• I like it 1

Sunday delivery of an order that had accumulated over the last couple of weeks. Excited to try the WB Saffell and a fresh Smoke Wagon Uncut batch. Haven’t had the Heaven Hill yet - held off for so long as didn’t feel like their new bottling was “worth it,” but finally bit the bullet at MSRP. A little rum, Scotch, and Japanese whisky to round out the haul (can’t say blue label is my favorite but guests seem to like it so added some to the bunker). 

CF9BA672-5DA8-4BE1-BEF9-A03237D0C61E.jpeg

• I like it 6

ET BiB, been holding off on adding another and would bounce from definitely getting one today!!  To ahh, maybe next week. Well I finally ponied up the 20 something bucks to add another to the stash. Glad I did as it seems the “new” version is hitting stores. I try to be optimistic but, I got a bad feeling ‘bout this, may need to add another as I am not the biggest BT fan. I think VOB BiB may be my favorite Saz product , at least since the Wellers abruptly went into WITSEC a few years ago, even if they didn’t, I do like me some VOB even though I’m still pissed they dropped the BiB designation.

• I like it 2

On 1/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Our local Binny’s prices on MM products:

MM-$24.99

MM 46-$34.99

MM CS-$39.99

MM 101-$39.99

MM Private Select-$69.99 (several different barrels)

MM cigars-$8.70-$12.40

Before Xmas they had MM on sale for $19.99, plus you could get a jar of maraschino cherries for a 1¢

Biba! Joe

Forgot one ‘cause it’s out of stock.

MM 46CS-$46.99

Carry on.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kcgumbohead said:

ET BiB, been holding off on adding another and would bounce from definitely getting one today!!  To ahh, maybe next week. Well I finally ponied up the 20 something bucks to add another to the stash. Glad I did as it seems the “new” version is hitting stores. I try to be optimistic but, I got a bad feeling ‘bout this, may need to add another as I am not the biggest BT fan. I think VOB BiB may be my favorite Saz product , at least since the Wellers abruptly went into WITSEC a few years ago, even if they didn’t, I do like me some VOB even though I’m still pissed they dropped the BiB designation.

You're in luck. The new ET BIB will be coming from Barton stock.

18 minutes ago, flahute said:

I am aware,  I simply would have preferred to keep them separate with BF ET and Barton as a BiB. While I prefer Barton vs BT as the distillery, I still can’t seem to get too excited about it.

Edited by kcgumbohead

2 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

I am aware,  I simply would have preferred to keep them separate with BF ET and Barton as a BiB. While I prefer Barton vs BT as the distillery, I still can’t seem to get too excited about it.

OK so help me out here. You say you are skeptical because you don't like BT products. You then say you like Barton products the best in the Saz portfolio. I tell you that ET will come from Barton. You say you are still skeptical. I don't get it.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

For me this is okay news because I prefer Barton over Old Forester distillate.  Besides with OF100 and OF86 readily available and cheap, I found the ETBiB kind of redundant.  Never did an actual SBS yet however.

So now the Early Times redundancy will be VOB instead of OF.  I guess it's a wash. 🤷‍♂️

The BF Early Times was a different mash (79/11/10) than OF (72/18/10).  It had slightly more corn.

Since Barton only needs 4-5 years from date of purchase to completely take over ET BiB (using up the BF stocks that came with the purchase), They could theoretically distill bourbon in the same mashbill as BF ET (if they got the recipe), thus continuing the ET line with a different taste profile than VOB.

2 important things to keep in mind:

-Barton likely has more than one bourbon mashbill for its own bourbon products, much less adding ET to the mix, so to assume that ET will just be VOB 100p in a different bottle is a bit naive.

-For everyone panicking because the Barton DSP# is showing up on the ETBiB label along with the BF DSP 354, give it a rest.

The reason you’re seeing both is because it was distilled at BF (DSP KY-354) and bottled now at Barton (DSP KY-12).

It’s a bottled in bond product.  There’s no Barton juice being mixed in, because a bonded product has to be from one distillery.

You’ll know when it’s all Barton bourbon when they drop the BF DSP from the label.

Now would be the time to stock up if you like the BF distillate though.

877D4856-2F9B-4BA6-BA3D-D750E94991D5.jpeg

• I like it 4

I was in Texas yesterday and stopped at a store that always has a few goodies. It’s nice to see there are still stores out there that don’t gouge. 
47661C39-B382-434F-B23E-8DB834EA0E9E.thumb.jpeg.494b024e8e339d8af82922b43d82f36b.jpeg

0D998230-1E8C-4709-A120-7EFE3A368BC9.jpeg

• I like it 19

2021 Lot B - $149.99 OTD.  Not MSRP, but I'm happy to have it!.  😋

• I like it 13

On 1/31/2022 at 9:00 PM, MJWP said:

Knob Creek 15. Will give it a go this weekend . 

Not sen this here.  Thx for the head’s up.

Picked up a bottle of BT for $29. This has become pretty elusive near me, and when it does come in, it's now usually in the ~$35 range and in the case. As little as a year or two ago, they were deep on the shelf for $26. Ah well.

Same store had Hancock's for like $130, which was a big pass.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:00 PM, MJWP said:

Knob Creek 15. Will give it a go this weekend . 

the 12 and 15 are both absolutely excellent.  way way better than standard knob.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, GeeTen said:

2021 Lot B - $149.99 OTD.  Not MSRP, but I'm happy to have it!.  😋

Me too. But that was 2016 if I remember correctly. 😋

In your area, BT is elusive, and 30$? I'm very sorry.

hopefully the expansion-yeilding barrels will be beefing up the base stock here soon.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.