What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having some WFP. 1st impression is an amped Weller special reserve. Good stuff. I would love to see a Weller 12y Full Proof. I know it would be close to WLW, but would love to see it. 
F2E05602-7F39-428F-ACB4-FE35E2D4506F.thumb.jpeg.2c151f92e405aadb1b645f99204aa3df.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 9

32 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

World's best beach bourbon!   The stars are shinin' like diamonds tonight.

20220122_185702.jpg

I see you and your friend are bonding...bottled in bonding.  😀

• I like it 1

Back to ORVW 10 tonight.  This 2019 bottle will be on the last pour either later tonight or tomorrow.  

• I like it 6

Football, wings, salad, football, now bourbon.  Next up, more football, more bourbon.

Four Roses Single Barrel on a cold night in Indiana.  Currently, 28 F in Indy.  Kickoff temperature in GB is forecast to be around 10 F.   

• I like it 5

39 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Football, wings, salad, football, now bourbon.  Next up, more football, more bourbon.

Four Roses Single Barrel on a cold night in Indiana.  Currently, 28 F in Indy.  Kickoff temperature in GB is forecast to be around 10 F.   

New Hallmark movie? 😐 The one on tonight is a bit slow. 🥱

Biba! Joe

Was saving a bottle of EHT for the game tonight but started feeling like crap this afternoon, so now this:

20220122_193839.jpg

22 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

New Hallmark movie? 😐 The one on tonight is a bit slow. 🥱

Biba! Joe

So, no football or split screen?  My wife hit the other room to watch the movie.  She knows its playoff football which she likes but not as much as a new Hallmark movie.  I guess she figures she will catch the second half of the game.  

Daddy is sitting in front of the tv with both dogs watching football and drinking bourbon.  The grandpuppy who we have been watching this week is sleeping.  

Pics below.

I moved on to Burning Chair Store Select Barrel Strength.  I see one more pour in my future.  I will wait until halftime to decide.

Resized_20220122_204810.thumb.jpeg.372112a0efc37efda6bb80fa46cd88c9.jpeg

Resized_Screensho.thumb.jpeg.20a6042e1a64ae95b80c70feaa7fbffd.jpeg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 7

Did a bit of work today & got home with about 6 minutes left in the 1st qtr of the Bengals game...

Started on the left.

20220122_203103.thumb.jpg.03f13473c2d03bf01c55baa4617a4466.jpg

The ET was rockin'

The 4R Sib was good but not worthy of another.

The McFalane is quite good if you are in the mood for a finished pour. Actually better than a 1910 imo...

It was a Christmas present as was the Bengals win... (belated)

• I like it 4

40 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

So, no football or split screen?  

Well, we did watch the earlier game. I was born and raised in Indy, and now reside in fairly close proximity to Chicago. So it’s the Colts and Bears for me. FWIW, my brother in law is from Wisconsin, and is a very rabid Packer fans. Know what I mean? Let’s just say that the Packers ain’t one of my favorite teams. 🤭

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Back to ORVW 10 tonight.  This 2019 bottle will be on the last pour either later tonight or tomorrow.  

loved how rich and oaky the ’19 release was.  Probably one of the best years for ORVW.

• I like it 2

Bengals win, 49ers win , ER now in the glass. Trifecta! 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

I killed old granddad earlier today.  The bottle not the man.

Tonight I warmed up with a pour of of good old plain Evan Williams black label.  Never underestimate this pour.

Now I'm on to Barrell batch #25. 

Edited by Kepler
typo
  • I like it 7

The Barrel batch 25 was good but not its stellar self as usual. 

So I changed it up with a pour of RR single barrel, the regular stock version not a PS.   It didn't taste right tonight and I know it's not the bottle because I've enjoyed this one several times. 

So it seems that I'm dealing with an off palate night.  My normal remedy for that is Dickel distillate.  So I poured a store pick Barrell bourbon that is TN/Dickel distillate.  It powers through my palate and deliver some really nice bourbon notes, with the vitamin mineral notes as a tag along.  I'm okay with that.

• I like it 3

Had a little bit of WP 10yr earlier. Now onto the good stuff, RRSiB PS. An Oklahoma pick. Just right for this Okie Country Boy. 

Cheers 

• I like it 4

On 1/21/2022 at 8:31 PM, Quiganomics said:

Nassif Family Reserve tonight....cheers!

20220121_202949.jpg

Not sure what is in your glass, but you seem to be enjoying it. So, Right On!!!   

Cheers

Went to dinner last night with some friends and they had the Benchmark Single Barrel.  Gave it a try.  Enjoyed it so much I'm looking for a bottle of it now.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

I killed old granddad earlier today.  The bottle not the man.

Tonight I warmed up with a pour of of good old plain Evan Williams black label.  Never underestimate this pour.

Now I'm on to Barrell batch #25. 

I probably drink more EW black label than any other bourbon. It’s cheap. It’s available. It’s consistent. And most importantly - it’s good. 

• I like it 3

FRSiB for saturdays football games after a few Guinness pours during the Auburn/KY bball game. 

Going through some open bottles, to make some room 😉  Mrs. Skinsfan wanted an Old fashioned. Who am I to deny her?

20220123_171303.jpg

• I like it 4

22 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Going through some open bottles, to make some room 😉  Mrs. Skinsfan wanted an Old fashioned. Who am I to deny her?

20220123_171303.jpg

Those look pretty good!

11 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Those look pretty good!

Thanks.

She likes hers on the sweet side, with 1/2 oz of simple syrup and a lot of cherry juice.  Mine is bar spoon of syrup and cherry juice.

Guess which on is hers😉

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Guess which on is hers😉

I did notice a little disparity in glass size. 😀😀

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.