What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with a pour from a newly opened 375ml of OF 1897. Moved on to MM 101. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

it's 21deg and snowing out. I have already shoveled 2in off the driveway before sitting down at the computer to work. I figured my coffee needed a boost this morning.

20220202_083725.jpg

• I like it 7

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Seems like you’ve really been enjoying the MM 101 lately Kj. 😎 Uhh, how many backups do you have now?  🤨

Biba! Joe

Yup. Have 4 in waiting to follow the one I just opened. Mrs. B. even looks for it for me, she noticed it in the LS last weekend before I did.

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Yup. Have 4 in waiting to follow the one I just opened. Mrs. B. even looks for it for me, she noticed it in the LS last weekend before I did.

image.gif.718db3e6e714a7ddbcc51d4dd0f13ddd.gif

Biba! Joe

6 hours ago, Double C's said:

it's 21deg and snowing out. I have already shoveled 2in off the driveway before sitting down at the computer to work. I figured my coffee needed a boost this morning.

20220202_083725.jpg

What’s your take on the JB Bourbon Cream? It’s a new product, right? I’ve heard a few good things. 

6 hours ago, Rhettro said:

What’s your take on the JB Bourbon Cream? It’s a new product, right? I’ve heard a few good things. 

I like it. It's way better than Ezra Brooks version but not quite as good as the Buffalo Trace one. The price point around $19 is good as well.

• I like it 2

2021 Parker's Heritage 11yr Heavy Char Wheat at Pappy's Place last night.  Now I need to do a SBS with my 2021 WLW.  Yummo.   🤩

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

10 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2021 Parker's Heritage 11yr Heavy Char Wheat at Pappy's Place last night.  Now I need to do a SBS with my 2021 WLW.  Yummo.   🤩

Wow.. same league as WLW?

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

OE7 this evening.  Sitting in waiting for the rain to turn to ice.

We had rain yesterday that turned to snow today.  Ice is the worst.  You can blow and shovel snow.  You have to chip ice.  I opted for FRSiB last night and tonight.  The bottle is empty so I had a follow up pour of Burning Chair.

• I like it 3

Just cracked my first bottle of ECBP A122 and it is very good even at the "lower" proof of 120. All of the normal notes that you expect from a ECBP but on steroids IMO. Love it!!!

• I like it 3

just got done shoveling my driveway and a neighbors. Had dinner and now sitting by the fire warming up.

20220203_210621.jpg

• I like it 10

Starting the weekend with a HM BIB.  Haven’t had this in some time, but picked up a bottle today.  This barrel just screams very good classic HH profile from nose to finish.  Dried flowers potpourri nose and cooling menthol notes over the palate. It’s 10 years in oak only appears on the finish, and subtly at that.  This is a good barrel.  

• I like it 6

Friday night,  the best night, basketball on later tonight and the kitchen stinkin' up the joint with the smell of simmering Mexican chili.   Old Forester 1897 tastes just right.

• I like it 6

Opened up my newly aquired Sam Houston 15. It really was an off the beaten path pour. At first glance, it was caramel-apple, slight banana and cherry. A little more cherry than I like but not medicinal. It faded to an abrupt band-aid/bitter oak finish. Not too short but a distinct so-so finish.

Truly this is not a legit review as I am not sure where I stand on this one. While it is quite balanced, it has me wondering about the purchase. I'll give it a month before a next pour. (Batch #6 FL-2)

Moved onto a 4RSiB then an ET. Without trying to review these, they were quite nice...

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.