What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

It was a whole pig, not too bad.

D044BD8D-1A73-4225-A5A1-D9E2BF28ADDF.thumb.jpeg.09861b1cd21f0319f508222000036e67.jpeg

7C7EDB5B-DFFC-46DC-AF6C-2E628839F300.thumb.jpeg.23c90721b5090287cbe2e32decb3b3cd.jpeg

Good to see they held up their end, then. 😋

• I like it 4

Watched the Hallmark movie earlier. 🥱

Then, I poured some BT Bourbon Cream and settled in to watch a PBS documentary about Ella Fitzgerald. WOW! Absolutely amazing.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Then, I poured some BT Bourbon Cream and settled in to watch a PBS documentary about Ella Fitzgerald. WOW! Absolutely amazing.

Biba! Joe

That documentary does sound like an interesting one.  Maybe I'll check it out at some point.

My wife and I watched the final 4 episodes of some History channel miniseries I had recorded about the rise of the Ottoman Empire, how the Turks conquered Constantinople.  It was fairly good and worth our time.

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

That RB glass is a looker. 

Yeah I like it too.  I credit that older Rare Breed script logo.  Everything with that on it always looks great.  Especially the old bottles 😄

Plus I'm just a nerd. I have a lots of branded whiskey glasses so I typically reach for one that matches my pour.   

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, LCWoody said:

It was a whole pig, not too bad.

D044BD8D-1A73-4225-A5A1-D9E2BF28ADDF.thumb.jpeg.09861b1cd21f0319f508222000036e67.jpeg

7C7EDB5B-DFFC-46DC-AF6C-2E628839F300.thumb.jpeg.23c90721b5090287cbe2e32decb3b3cd.jpeg

OK Then; life really doesn't get better than this!!! Comparable could be a crawfish boil, but you can't live on the difference. 🤩

13 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

"Little Whammie" - I Love This!!! 😆

" has a gnarly head cold" - But Not This

When our kids are sick we suffer with them. Thank God they are more resilient than us.

"I'm Having some ET BIB while watching Dune. Good bourbon and good movie." - OK this isn't suffering! 😜

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I saw that several years ago or it could have been a different one, but Ella ruled!!! I even remember pausing in my Mom's kitchen hearing Ella scatting on the radio. Truly a WOW moment!!! 

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I read a little bit about Ella and Marilyn Monroe's friendship.

• I like it 2

EW1783 again tonight while watching the 49ers-Rams game.  Followed with 1, 2...pours of Four Roses SIB.  I might end up with another.  Time will tell

• I like it 1

Lately I've been guzzling a Barrell store pick.  The label indicates it is a 7 year old all Kentucky distillate.  No clue the ultimate source, but boy howdy it is salty caramel deliciousness.  

Finished off my only bottle of WSR with my old man last night.  Not sure if it was the effect of drinking out of a snifter as opposed to my Norlan glasses, but this really opened up nicely.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, dcbt said:

Lately I've been guzzling a Barrell store pick.  The label indicates it is a 7 year old all Kentucky distillate.  No clue the ultimate source, but boy howdy it is salty caramel deliciousness.  

Sounds Barton-y to me.  I've had several Bartons from various labels lately and the salty caramel is very prevalent.  Not to the extent of Beam peanuts or Daniels bananas but still quite a bit. 

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, dcbt said:

but boy howdy it is salty caramel deliciousness.  

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Sounds Barton-y to me.

I was thinking Jefferson’s Ocean 😜

Started with a MM101 (nice), moves to whatever was in infinity bottle (not bad), now on bottle ending FAE-01. 1st time that I like it to an extent. Very good hazelnut frontend, but the finish was very long, but kerosene. Glad it's done...

B)

On 1/29/2022 at 11:54 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

You know my wife?  She picks the shows we watch, and you hit two of her recent picks.:o

TONIGHT!  It is sips from an ER 10star neckband I stumbled upon a couple days ago.

But, I started with Baker's.    Recently, an SBer has gifted me a couple Bakers including an 11 yr 8 mo. store pick.  SO! I sipped on an old basic Baker's while entering tax info in H&R Block.  I ABSOLUTELY need to drink when dooing so.  I did two OZ of Bakers 7 yr. with a cube (taking it to about 104 proof and then switched to the ER which caught my eye when I put the dregs of the Bakers back.

WHY the switch?  GOT to stay coherent for dinner.:rolleyes:

NOTES on the current basic ER - more fruit than was present in 2015 when I first decided to stop buying ER - not interesting back then, just spicy.  This current batch has a nice mellow oakey note - not too harsh like some ETLs I've had given its likely age.  On a blind tasting, I'd have guessed closer to eight years than ten.  Alcohol bloom is surprisingly bracing since this is a 90 proof.  Again, in a blind tasting,  I'd have guessed it was a BIB.   Second (or is this the third??:rolleyes:) series of sips treated me to some creamy mouthfeel.

I have a few personal potholes/risks/downsides I have avoided recently, so I'm using that dexterity as a reason to reward myself and compare this basic ER to a neckband "Aged 10 Years" I recently unearthed from the bunker - one of whi9ch made it to the SBer who gave me the Baker's.  If I stay wake long enough to actually type some notes, I'll share them.

• I like it 1

The last pour of Old Fitz BiB 9 year decanter before bed.  The Fall 2018 version.  The nose on this is sublime - I actually enjoy nosing it more than the tasting.  This was an excellent bottle.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 6

Cracked a Baker's SmB for the first time, very enjoyable. Definitely different profile than KC, more like a refined Distiller's Cut. Too bad it's so pricey.

This is unique enough to make an impression. It's VERY dependent on what I have before it. If its my first pour (like tonight), I get a crisp apple note with a lot of oak. If I have a heavier bourbon first it tastes sour and bitter.

20220201_192333.jpg

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Some MM101 before dinner.

Seems like you’ve really been enjoying the MM 101 lately Kj. 😎 Uhh, how many backups do you have now?  🤨

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.