What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I quite enjoyed the Chattanooga Whiskey 91 and 111 this evening.  If I had my druthers I would not bother with the 91 because because the 111 has so much more richness of flavor.   The reviews of the Bonded version are good but I have not tried that one yet.

On to bigger and better things however. 

The last pour of this Barrell batch #25 in my glass now.  It's been a very good bottle. 

• I like it 3

It’s been pretty much a BT week for me until tonight. A rotation of BT, ER and Weller SR has been the norm, but tonight I felt the need for something a little different. It’s been a few pours of my HH BIB Blend this evening. 😊

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg.bb15b28e86816c5c345507bb1fafd6f6.jpeg

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

To me, Brown Foreman bourbon (Old Fo, Early Times, WR) and HH bourbon like this EW couldn't be more different.  I think I can confidently say that if my palate were strongly in the mood for one of them, I would not want the other.  I personally would never compare them directly without a disclaimer. 

True enough! I guess I was lumping all as budget bourbons. Comparing apples to apples, I would probably spend the extra $12 and go with the EC although I haven't tried the EW Bib yet...

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been pretty much a BT week for me until tonight. A rotation of BT, ER and Weller SR has been the norm, but tonight I felt the need for something a little different. It’s been a few pours of my HH BIB Blend this evening. 😊

Just Curious; does your keyboard have a "BLEND" key??? 🤪🤟

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been pretty much a BT week for me until tonight. A rotation of BT, ER and Weller SR has been the norm, 

Shocker 😆

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, bayouredd said:

….although I haven't tried the EW Bib yet...

You should get on that. 

• I like it 3

Saturday morning,  snowed in.   The silent sentinel is my Smoke Wagon UCUF,   awaiting its afternoon orders.

20220129_115456.jpg

• I like it 8

14 hours ago, Kepler said:

Plus no bourbon ever tastes like band-aids or iodine.  So there's that.

I do get plastic band aid soaked in iodione off JD no. 7, but since it's not labeled bourbon... I don't drink peated scotches, so the ones I like never have that note, which is gack to me.

And if anybody cares, I passed on scotch today at Binny's! Just some rum, and some cheap Irish for a friend. Brought and had some MM at their house last night, to keep the thread going in the right direction, sort of.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, bayouredd said:

True enough! I guess I was lumping all as budget bourbons. Comparing apples to apples, I would probably spend the extra $12 and go with the EC although I haven't tried the EW Bib yet...

I didn't much care for the new 1783. It came in a very distant last sbs with EC and JTS Brown, which was the only HH BiB I had around at the time.

• I like it 1

Angel’s Envy, one of my favorites, (that I can still get without too much effort). Note to self, but more AE as you are running low. 

• I like it 1

Sipping from my 2022 infinity bottle this evening as the Sixers are about to get going.   This has become a fantastic pour as the core components of Noah's Mill,  WTRye 101 and Georg Remus get some time to get comfy together.

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

MM101 by a nice fire and watching Hallmark movies.

That's a good pour, enjoy your evenin' in.  Around here it's a heap of snow on a weekend.   That's the bourbon hour.

• I like it 3

Dinner taking longer to prepare than expected, and I'm not allowed in the kitchen until IT IS TIME!!! to prepare a happy hour drink and some munchies.

HENCE!  I just finished off a chair-side 750 of WT 101 KSBW while watching "Gunsmoke" on INSP.  Aren't snow days WONDERFUL??😋

• I like it 5

5 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Dinner taking longer to prepare than expected, and I'm not allowed in the kitchen until IT IS TIME!!! to prepare a happy hour drink and some munchies.

HENCE!  I just finished off a chair-side 750 of WT 101 KSBW while watching "Gunsmoke" on INSP.  Aren't snow days WONDERFUL??😋

It's true! It's true!   Once the sidewalk is shoveled,  there's no pressure to do a doggone thing.  Just light up if you wanna,  put some music on and pour the Kentucky elixir.   Lonnie Tristano it is as the snow blankets the ground and sparks the moonlight.  

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, Kepler said:

I quite enjoyed the Chattanooga Whiskey 91 and 111 this evening.  If I had my druthers I would not bother with the 91 because because the 111 has so much more richness of flavor.   The reviews of the Bonded version are good but I have not tried that one yet.

On to bigger and better things however. 

The last pour of this Barrell batch #25 in my glass now.  It's been a very good bottle. 

I have never tried Chattanooga Whiskey.  However, they advertise on the local sports radio programs I listen to and I have always been intrigued.  What would you compare the 111 proof version to?

35 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I’m pouring deep into my second to last GBS 1792 Full Proof tonight.

I hope the GBS goat is warm and safe tonight.

1 hour ago, Kjbarth said:

MM101 by a nice fire and watching Hallmark movies.

Butlers in Love.  Not sure how this will end.  But, I do like redheads.  Stacey Farber is like the girl next door.  Except in my neighborhood, the girl next door on both sides is quite a bit older and less attractive.  But, still nice as neighbors go.

Started with EW1783, followed by New Riff, followed by New Riff, going to follow with New Riff.

• I like it 3

Little Whammie has a gnarly head cold, so I've been watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all day. He's now fast asleep, so I'm Having some ET BIB while watching Dune. Good bourbon and good movie. 

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 5

Had a good afternoon with some old friends. I brought the drinks, they had the food. 
B5244E8B-4E50-45E0-97E5-A0ECDE0A3383.thumb.jpeg.66ffc99c5dc85ddc26a1e4d53befdb85.jpeg
The biggest hit of the night was the Rum…

• I like it 7

10 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Had a good afternoon with some old friends. I brought the drinks, they had the food. 
B5244E8B-4E50-45E0-97E5-A0ECDE0A3383.thumb.jpeg.66ffc99c5dc85ddc26a1e4d53befdb85.jpeg
The biggest hit of the night was the Rum…

Their food had better been good!  🙂

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Their food had better been good!  🙂

It was a whole pig, not too bad.

D044BD8D-1A73-4225-A5A1-D9E2BF28ADDF.thumb.jpeg.09861b1cd21f0319f508222000036e67.jpeg

7C7EDB5B-DFFC-46DC-AF6C-2E628839F300.thumb.jpeg.23c90721b5090287cbe2e32decb3b3cd.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.